DW Range Damage- W.i.T.??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TK PUSHA, Jan 27, 2014.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, I use it, because, you know, "diversity".

I really hate the way they treated the weapons in the last patch. It's just stupid.

Rifle, HB, DW. Good job on balance and diversity.
    • Like x 3
  2. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Love people who have about the information, not even close to 1 handed not close at all. The difference between a 1 sec and 2 sec charge time is huge. DW only comes with truck attached to the end of it at a full 2 sec charge and the 1 handed could be clipped or released at .6 sec for full damage. They are not anywhere near the same animal
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Not going to get into a whole argument about the differences, but DW doesn't split and you can hit everything in front of you for insane damage. 1h was still better with speed for single target, but the fact you can clip the final animation of DW makes it easy to shell them out fast in groups of mobs. Plus, it can still be considered the new 1h because there is nothing of equal damage right now, thus being FotM.
    • Like x 2
  4. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Think of Charged throw as a ranged smoke bomb. Both are roughly 3 second DPS combos.

Smoke-bomb has several lead up hits and then one big aoe.

Charged throw has a 2 sec charge and roughly a 1 sec animation with 1 big AOE cone hit.

Charged throw gets all of its damage in one aoe hit instead of several little ones followed by a big one. With smoke bomb you can clip the bomb animation for extra might damage. For charged throw you clip the throw and catch animation for extra might power based damage.

Smoke bomb counterable with block or interrupt
    Charged throw with lunge or interrupt

I think they finally got charged throw right.

If you want to make an argument for scaling down precision damage in general across all weapons, combos, and combo'd powers now you have a much stronger argument there.

Of course I remember DW when it was actually a fast weapon and you didn't feel or look like you were swinging your arms through mud for the tap range attack, I wish they would put the speed of DW back to where it was it was so awesome at launch I cant even describe it for you if you missed it.

Every PVP player in the game was on the forums crying about how tap melee tap melee tap range was to god like and DW was so OP, so now my super hero can only move his arms back and forwards once every .8 seconds, ahhhh I miss you DW.

Thought of this as I walked away, if you took DW today up against 1H a month and half ago, its not even close, 1 H crushes todays DW, no contest
    • Like x 1
  5. ACW37162 Loyal Player

B,

dont get my wrong DW is good but its not like 1 handed just completely different. DW will get the hammer but I think they should just fixthe damage split and not destroy charged throw and history has shown they will destroy charged throw and not fix the split.

I handed though apples and oranges, 1 sec charge, full damage at right about .6 or .7 sec kept a a combo meter, insane damage every bit as clip able as charged throw. 1 handed was insane. edit still is insane jsut have to go the whole second now.

DW flavor of the month, yes.

But let Kaiser or some other you tube star find a different weapon/power combo and the flock of sheep will run over.

As stated previously I think the y finally got DW charged throw right a little tinkering with the split damage and its good, just my opinion.
  6. Yui Loyal Player

It was already "fixed" in GU33. Basically, the charged attacks of some weapons were not doing the damage they're intended to do. Some weapons were doing lower damage than normal, and some weapons were doing more damage than normal so they fixed that. So, basically, the damage of Charged Double Throw is basically was not doing enough damage like it was intended to do so they fixed that, and now it's doing the damage it was "intended" to do.
  7. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Lol, I can't wait til these get fixed so people can go back to Rifle/Solar Flare spam :rolleyes:.
  8. Cadens Dedicated Player

Without a damage modifier from using a power, and 1800+ precision, the grenade only hits for around 450 FYI. Rifle has a huge drawback of consuming more power from the group. The rifle only allows you to do more OTHER damage, while putting in a little extra when you tap triangle. Basically its the fastest weapon, so your other damage is key.

The rifle is by no means hitting to an OP level. The HBs do more damage, as well as other weapons. They just arent as easy to work around.
    • Like x 1
  9. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Do you actually read what you type, or do you just slam your head on the keyboard and go with what every spews out of your mouth?

That was literally the worst explanation of balance that has ever been on this thread in the past three years.
    • Like x 5
  10. ACW37162 Loyal Player

triple buffed standing in a supply drop with a soda and new 700 plus prec trinket while block breaking on a crit does not even remotely count.
    • Like x 2
  11. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Umm I wouldn't use OP but grenade in particular has been out of balance since back in the block cancel glitch days. Dont worry once DW gets the hammer again rifle will come up on radar.

and that's 450 sppammable and clippable in under .5 sec with splash, push back, and block break all of which you can immediately hide with a power cast an no animation. On a tap triangle mind you not a hold, gernade has been by far the most abused weapon attack in the history of this game, dont even try to same its balanced
  12. Cadens Dedicated Player

Better nerf DW tap triangle, because it hits just as hard. Saying its OP is hilarious. I haven't seen anyone use a rifle in PVP in about a year.... Why do you think that is? Oh thats right, easily countered.
    • Like x 1
  13. BumblingB I got better.

My problem isn't really the damage it can do and the fact is doesn't split, my problem is the fact they "adjusted" so many of the weapons stating they were doing too much damage and buffed this one AND didn't think to touch the weapons that were really not doing enough damage. (Bow anyone?) Plus the fact that Rifle and Solar Flame, especially Rifle, can do insane damage by just spamming a single attack is no where near balanced.

I want them to do a FULL rebalance check of the weapons. What we have is no diversity. We have 3 options because we can't melee. That's a problem.

And if they brought staff back up and buffed 2h's throw to equal dw's and made 1h like a shorter staff version. I would be happy for a bandaid fix. It still baffles me who in the devs team had a bias for this. That is not balance, that is breaking diversity.
    • Like x 2
  14. Thatguy New Player

Rifle is way stronger than DW potentially. An Ice or Fire DPS could destroy everything with their numerous channeled moves and phantom triangle spam. It would look just like the Armory glitch did.

That's the main reason I think devs don't balance around clipping. DW is getting attention because, unlike 3 troll rifle, it's accessible to everyone.

Anyway, they just dedicated most of an update to balancing the weapons. I'm inclined to believe DW is intended due to that and its 5 second animation length.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Here goes this thread for the 100th time now. I wouldn't mind if they buffed all of the other weapons to match what the DW can do (especially the bow), but it seems like everyone in here just wants the dual wield to do less damage. I don't get it. Doesn't make sense to me that everyone wants the dps in this game to do less damage. It's not like people are getting beat in pvp with it (that 2sec charge is one of the most vulnerable attack in the game). It's easy damage in pve, and there is nothing wrong with ads getting killed faster and getting done raids quicker. Seems to me like the problem arises when a person, who doesn't want to use DW, gets out dps'd in a raid and we can't have that now lol.
    • Like x 2
  16. Cadens Dedicated Player

LOL... do you even play this game? Do you know how many phantom triangles it would take to hit 1 big crit from DW?

Some people just want to watch the world nerfed.
    • Like x 1
  17. Thatguy New Player

Are you PC or PS3? This is sustained damage by the way, not a lucky crit.
  18. Cadens Dedicated Player

Ive hit 12k with DW, and you can clip the animation with snaptrap. It would take me 6-7 rifle taps to do that damage. Its like math defeated you.
    • Like x 1
  19. Thatguy New Player

I've done 3000+ plus damage on 3 enemies with rifle grenade. I see your worthless anecdote and counter with my own.

Your move.
  20. Cadens Dedicated Player

I was talking single target, math wiz. If you want to go there, DW is VASTLY superior and has a larger cone.