Due to this new update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Dene Devoted Player

i backspaced a whole lot too.. in fact in these forums my backspace button gets a lot of work.. my initial reactions can be umm interesting lol
    • Like x 2
  2. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Yeaaaaa lol same. Sometimes I don't backspace and probably should LOL :p
  3. L T Devoted Player

So far as I can tell from this thread Russian Hackers have stolen the Revamp.
    • Like x 8
  4. Dene Devoted Player

I think Fatal's broke :p
    • Like x 1
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

This is why I switched to mobile.
  6. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I don't think he uses it tbh lol.
    • Like x 1
  7. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

True. But I don't want the game to die, I want to play again. I personally like what I read about the revamp. I don't play because of the time capsule sps.
    • Like x 1
  8. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

The age of the carry totally ignoring any and all mechanics is over. The result of that age is alot of high cr players, many with over 200 sp who has e no idea how to play. They have never had to struggle carrying a rock across a bridge or deal with enrage timers. New content hasn't been as challenging as tee older stuff in quite some time.

And honestly, the rewards for those of us that have struggled through it all aren't good enough to make us want to go back and do it again without having a core of people with us that we know are competent enough to follow the mechanics.

Seriously, a couple marks? The chance at a style that I don't have, honestly if I don't have it yet from running it constantly at tier and before relevancy was instated I've accepted that RNGesus will never give it to me. My toon is chest and head cursed. I've ran everything from af3 daily/weekly and still can't get the gorgon slayer chest or head. Every other style is the same.
    • Like x 4
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

from all the responces you seem to be getting we all are able to run the content just fine so Im not sure why you cant find people to run stuff. nothing has really changes all that much you just have to pay attention to boss mechanics now. the people suffering are just used to
    1) being healed through everything like standing in fire when you should move ect. )
    or
    2) running all DPS over burning everything and killing the boss before he does most of his scripted attacks

both those things have been prevalent in this game since AM's and weapon mastery came out. anyone who statred after that was introduced are the people that cant play now due to never having to learn the instances

to the problem of not running balanced groups and just trying to over DPS. Those people i say, I hope they all quit and never get through anything if you keep seeing the problem but never change your groups to compensate
    • Like x 1
  10. DanXVII Committed Player

People don't need to "git gud" though, they just need to play the game properly.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I got it removed. Offers no real benefit accept reminding yourself to be a pansy and bite your tongue.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lugo Well-Known Player

I'm havin a harder time on my lower CR tank than my higher CR tank. The lower CR tank is earth, CR 68 with 66 SPs. I tried the outer cavern raid I think and it turns out that the RCP boss does crazy damage to me while I block and while I'm not blocking? Like when he stomps down on me it just takes like 20% health or so.

Ever since then I was wondering if anyone else had lower CR characters with low SPs that were having trouble. Everyone on the forums seems like a 200 CR 300 SPs vet with full modded gear and they're all like "stop crying theres nothing wrong." I wonder how the low CR casuals are doing with the revamp.
    • Like x 1
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Language...
    • Like x 1
  14. Gimpy Loyal Player

Don't forget, low tiers,

tank gets,,, healer/ troll gear
    healer gets,,, tank/troll gear
    troll gets,,, tank/healer gear

for those mid tier instances,

Loot Picker,,,, gives multiple choices,,,,,,,, of the same piece of gear

upper tiers,

Loot Picker,,,, gives multiple choices,,,,,,,, of the same piece of gear
    • Like x 3
  15. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Let me help YOU out now.. LEARN to READ... or did you miss THIS PART of my post

I WALKED out of the alert with 2 pieces of gear that improved my CR and the usual number of marks that drop when you are playing content designed for the combat raid your alt is sitting at. Now if a player at higher tiers no longer wants to go through the ordeal of lower tier content that is fine... As I ALSO stated in my post I have three alts at CR 196 and I don't do lower tier stuff for several reasons.. I already have everything that content can give me as far as feats are concerned. I have several alts so why . as you put it, waste time on something that gets me nothing when i can be doing content that drops gear, coins, bonds, marks and feat? And frankly I am not that happy with the way stats matters has changed things so now trying to battle a boss at a lower tier can turn into a long and tedious ordeal... If I am 100 CR higher that what I am battling why is that thing even denting my armor much less taking so long to defeat?

Now as for the amount of time it took to do Star Labs.. yeah it was way longer than usual but I actually enjoyed it.. Always fun to be involved in doing some thing different than normal. MOST players, at least the ones that think nothing can succeed without a big pile of DPS would have turned and run out the door. Its been a while but I joined a raid a while back that was being assembled on the LFG and when I arrived inside the mission we had THREE Trolls. And the leader was perfectly happy with that arrangement.. To clarify we also had a tank and I can't recall for sure but at least 1 if not 2 healer. .. DID it take a while longer than what most consider normal/ Yes Did we still manage to kick butt and complete the thing with No DEATHS? HE:LL YEAH!

That guy is on my friend's list after that because he is willing to try anything and do anything .... ITS A GAME not an Olympic event. Now if you are trying for a speed feat do you want 3 trolls? No But if all you are after is a couple marks and some armor drops.. who the heck cares?
    • Like x 1
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well at the moment I have 52 SP on a character at CR 49 as a tank.... Now keep in mind I am talking Atomic so I only block when I have to.. mostly I am using my melee combos to keep both health and power maxed out..... but t date I have had excellent success at tanking just about any boss at any tier. I did the Oan alert and tanked Kronos with no issue.. I was barely high enough in CR to be even in the alert and I stood toe to toe with THE final boss and held aggro and stayed alive till the others dropped him.

At this point aside from solo content I am mostly playing TANK at everything else... I do decent damage and never have an issue with power. Not sure how the other tanks are fairing but Atomic is fine
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There are some spots here and there that need serious adjustment , but overall the game is not suddenly completely unplayable. People were severely spoiled with the overamped AMs and CR differential which made a joke of mechanics. People need to be patient and work as a team. The first step is letting go of this pervasive defeatist attitude that it's all impossible.
    • Like x 5
  19. not_again Dedicated Player

I think there is a good consensus here on the forums that the older content needs to be adjusted. I know it sucks, but the only solution here is have patience and wait for some of the prior content to be adjusted to allow a better process of character progression. Hopefully, something is in the works that does not include a one shot fest again, but the one shot fest is better than the current state as players such as the OP are stuck and leaving the game. I commend the OP for coming here and voicing their concern.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think there is a producer's letter describing how it will be adjusted, too, right?
    • Like x 13