Drop rates on OP collections

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dwild, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Dwild Well-Known Player

I know this thread has been run on almost every DLC but I have to do it again. In Metal, in order to get the OP neck, you have to finish 3 collections to open Robin's Gift. Each has 4 items, so 12 total. Now one you have to buy with Coins (375 for the How to Destroy the Multiverse piece in the Dark Schism collection) No problem there, it's just a grind. On the same collection, Luthor's Mangled Warsuit Gauntlet is apparently supposed to drop off the Flash boss in the solo and I assume it does. (Running 3 toons a day every day and I've never seen it.) Has to drop somewhere because you can see it on the Broker. BUT..each of the 3 collections has a piece that's almost absurdly difficult to get. Damaged Trick Lapel Flower from the Getting a Reaction collection seems to drop off Mirror Master in the solo. The third collection, A Simple Machine also has 4 but two of them, Ticket to Lebanon and Mirror House Invitation seem to be very rare drops too. Been running 3 toons, call them A, B and C since Metal came out. Got the Trick flower drop twice and a good thing. Toon A used one, the second should have been used on Toon B but I sold it for over 200 million bucks, added another 30 million or so so I could buy the Mangled Warsuit collection to finish Toon A's quest. Toon A gets everything because I figure its better to have one toon with the OP item than three without because of missing pieces. Fact is, I only have Toon A with the necklace because of the broker. As of today, there are 3 Damaged Trick Lapel Flowers on the broker, the lowest one set at 300 million bucks, one Ticket to Lebanon going for 300 million bucks, 3 Mirror House Invites with the lowest going for 275 million bucks (a bargain!) and 4 Luthor's Mangled Warsuit gauntlets with the lowest set for 350 million bucks. I'm not complaining about the broker prices or the fact there are only 11 of these collection pieces for sale. I see it as an indication of just how rarely these things drop. OP items are great...but when you have to run 3 toons every day to get one item for one toon and still have to buy half the collection pieces, we're talking fixed roulette wheel odds. I was going to say this borders on the absurd, but I think we're over the border here.