Dr. Fate Vendor (Video)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KHALONofOGUN, Aug 19, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Full Disclosure: This is not my video, and I am not Multiverse's representative or agent.

Just posting what I came across today for those who are very curious as to what will be available on the Dr. Fate vendor when it launces. Enjoy.
    • Like x 14
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nice...I think. Depends on the drop or grant rate I guess.

Wonder if the old lockbox styles will still exist or suddenly vanish or become untradable? If they exist, the might become a hot commodity later as Prom boxes go away and the choice is grind out 100 fate tokens (time?) or pick one up in the broker (cash).
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

How often you get the type of marks will be interesting. We’ll find out tomorrow
    • Like x 4
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Seems to me that lockbox styles will be available in the fate vendor and elsewhere, but they'll be account bound. We're gonna have to find some other things to sell.
    • Like x 1
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

OMAC Trinket for the win! (About 9 minute mark.)
    • Like x 4
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

I like that the seals can be earned in game. About time lol
    • Like x 6
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

RIGHT lol like seriously but this new currency I am curious about I wonder how we will get it also shout out To multi thanks for the video bro.
    • Like x 2
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yeah, I'm not getting too excited until I see how them destiny tokens work out. how much we wanna bet it's gonna be either a prohibitively expensive exchange for marks or a gazillianty-eleven to one chance of dropping in elite content ( or some such nonsense )?
    • Like x 1
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah I have a feeling these might not be so easy to get but can't wait to find out in the stream today.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

It's daily rewards, so obviously new currency will be granted for daily log in. I can assume Fate Tokens will be for everyone and Destiny Tokens for members only... so I doubt Nth metal and seals will be accessible without membership... or will be with insane convertation price.
    • Like x 2
  11. Shalayah Committed Player

I mean I doubt that they have intentions on making them super easy to get lol. They are still trying to make money at the end of the day.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not talking about the ones to come from the vendor. I'm talking about the current ones. Will those still exist, kind of like I still have my 10 source mark catalyst cache conversions when the catalysts were simplified. They no longer exist anywhere in the game as new, but they were not eliminated. Recovery kits, Simple/complex materials, etc.... I've got a bunch of LB style pieces I keep in the league bank. If they will go account bound or untradeable later (or just vanish), I'd do something with them now.
    • Like x 1
  13. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Any female characters been there? I noticed cybernetic eyes & contemporary shirt weren't listed, possibly because of gender ( but in lockboxes i could see them on my characters whom are all male) curious if removed or just invisible to opposite gender characters
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Gotcha. There's been no word on that, and I think you're the first to even ask. I'd recommend making this its own thread topic for some clarity.
    • Like x 1
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Im assuming those tokens will be in the later log in rewards. But seeing seals etc in there makes me wonder if they are going to be changing anything about loyalty points? I might have missed it if this was already touched on
  16. Proxystar #Perception

If we're talking about the "blue ankh marks" I cannot see how they're exclusively in the later daily log in rewards, as members we're supposed to be getting $80 worth of value. I will be displeased if the devs suggest there's $80 worth of value each month in old vault stuff I don't need and items I was already getting from promethium lockboxes...

We will find out shortly, I guess.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]

Yeah, I figure, even you ran on 1 toon a day ran the vault and got 1 promethium box, you'd get 60 Source a month and a few LB styles, repair bots, vault ticket or whatever. If the amount of 'fate' marks we get as a member only equal enough to buy that same amount of stuff, it seems a bit whack.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, I'm also wondering why R&D scanners, radar enhancers, XP Boosters, Renown Boosters and Nth Metal detectors aren't on there, they could easily add value to that vendor in additional choices.

I'm curious also why the seals of preservation are only in packs of 3 and not 4 as is the same on the marketplace - that just seems odd, they're obviously calculating it mathematically.

ultimately though, it would seem the inclusion of quarks on there is pushing members also towards the quark vendor as a "reward vendor" as well, so any perpetual ongoing value this system has in my opinion hinges almost entirely on the quantity of those "blue ankh's" we receive.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just watched the video...prepare to be displeased. Yes, it sounds like a lot of stuff and YES, the addition of the seals in game is great, but for members, it feels like the loss of potentially 16 toons of source, Nth, gear in the vault and a few promethiums a day does not justify the loss we are getting by having a 'click one button' process. Even if you are running just 5 or 6 toons, thats 150-180 source a month, 150-180 pieces of gear for alts or salvage 24 3k Nth metal pieces + about 2-3K in smaller bits. Not sure how the math will work out exactly, but if it's anything like the SOP pricing (3 SOP= $1.50....1 Destiny token =$5...10, not 3, SOP=$5=1 Destiny token), it might be tilted.

Mepps kind of blew past the exact numbers, and it's not in game yet for daily drops, but it seemed off a bit. I get this was not set in stone, but as it's coming out next week (shhhh...theres only 10 days and 1 thursday left in August)...they aren't going to be tweaking it much before it's live.
    • Like x 2
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For the most part the value of the daily rewards is great. Those with 10+ alts will definitely get less source, salvage, and nth but overall I did actually think this was great. It mainly depends on what you use the alts for. If you using all the alts to run endgame content than one you grind a lot, and two yes you will take a hit. Those who have baby toons for storage, seasonals, and even dailies than the hit isn’t big. But that’s more based on perspective. Those who have less toons gain more from this.
    • Like x 3