DPS pet trinkets hierarchy...... go

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Jan 23, 2021.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Your whole argument is silly and I wanted to see how far this rabbit hole went.
    • Like x 1
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The problem is not in my argument, but in your hypocrisy, you just want a bonus, but do not want to admit it, and now look for an excuse.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What hypocrisy? There's a difference between increasing your character's stats (progression) and having an AI throw extra numbers on a scoreboard (not progression). Pets are just that extra numbers on a scoreboard, numbers that did not come from YOU otherwise we're going back to OC's Source Shard build argument. And please please please do not tell me you use the scoreboard as a measurement of progression because I have to go to work soon.
    [IMG]
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Sorry, but I don't see any reason to continue the conversation, your understanding of the word "progress" is too narrow (it is more narrow than the definition in the dictionary).
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a right and wrong definition for words and terms. Just because you want to artificially inflate that definition with your own opinion doesn't make it right. If you want to stand by your opinion say that then.
    • Like x 1
  6. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

The Dps Pets should definitely have tiers, its what gives end game players a reason to play to grind to push limits, a mmo where every single thing on the game is accessible to every single player is the reason why this game is in the state its in. This is a case Charon where you have to ignore some players here and do something that's rarely done and focus on the long term of the game and keeping players who push end game. It gives players items to strive for, I remember how amazing it was early dc having to run content just to get certain items like scarecrow hat and the might bow. Them days is low go as well as the mass population dc had. The pet tiers pretty much already in the game add on to it.
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

FTFY
    • Like x 2
  8. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Mar 8, 2017 Makes sense
    I'm going to be very polite when I say I've seen players like this come and go never stay for the long term of the game. Simply cause this game currently offers very little things to keep players in it once content is stale. I hope your different but I doubt it.
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Forum membership time is not the same as in game time. I've been playing this game since a little before quantum was a new power, whatever long that is. Go on and keep assuming things based off unrelated data. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  10. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

This Forums will always cripple the overall views the players that actually play long term as a whole feel. Which is a shame cause it's sadly a part of the reason the games in the state it's currently in. This is one where Charon flat out has to ignore and implement his idea.
    • Like x 2
  11. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Amazing concept can't wait to see it.
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

This one of the most refreshing ideas and concepts that's been expressed in a very very long time, I and many others can't wait to see how it goes.
    • Like x 2
  13. Atrocitus Ps4 New Player

14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This couldn't be further from the truth, I would more than love to know your back history with DCUO I think you are mixing it up with other MMO's you have played, as you stated you have experience with other games. Skill Points, Gear, Omnipotence and now Artifacts & Augments determine your characters progress within DCUO, as it's been since 2010. Pet Trinkets, Henchmen, Sidekicks HAVE ABOSLUTELY NO IMAPCT NO EFFECT ON ANYTHING RELATED TO DEVELOPMENT. What did you think players did before utility belts were around? were we just stagnant in our development until Hand of Fate came out in 2012? The fact that even with utility belts consumables were more important than running a pet damage trinket.

As for source shard dpsing unless its max rank you probably wouldn't even run a pet trinket when you have powersets like Earth and Sorcery, Grimnorium, Quislet, Robot Sidekick, Gadgets Suppressor Turret, Ice Snowdevil, if a damage pet trinket is so important to character progression the options above would all be the weaker options.

Your version of DCUO is very different from the one we all play.
    • Like x 3
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Wasnt expecting to have to ask this in a thread where i simply asked for data based input on which damage bets were best but here we are lol
    So are you suggesting that i cant progress my character w/out a pet trinket? If so, im more than happy to swap that gazer out for a supply drop and go run CouE with ya to prove ya wrong (and do so w/my mediocre but fun loadout that does more than enough damage w/out chasing a meta or swapping armories lol). I mean, pets can help at times an r fun an all but they arent progressing your character. Not having one doesnt hurt you or prevent you from running content.........
    • Like x 3
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

What you wrote is just your vision of progress (very narrow and with artificial restrictions in comparison with the definition from the dictionary), there is nothing there to comment on. The remark about the old times does not make much sense, there were no artifacts before, but now they are part of your character's progress, times change, and the character development system is also changing.

If you are really interested, then I have been playing since the moment of F2P, with interruptions, with the loss and gain of the primary ACC (I lost a lot of personal data then ...it was a good lesson on who to trust ... painful but good ...) ...

But!! You still haven't answered my question? you remember him ,right?

By the way, why only 10%? can we make a difference of 200% then? three times stronger than the current Shadow Bat? will it also not affect the strength and effectiveness of your character?

If pet damage doesn't matter then why are you fighting so hard for this bonus?
  17. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Bro the misinformation here is wild, its why the game is how it is now. Today was the first time I legit ever heard pets are part of progression.
    • Like x 2
  18. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I don't know player maybe in this game to once again give players sometimes to strive for. Whats worse is what your passing along is far from what the mass majority of players that play the game and not on here actually want. Your idea is basically every player should have access to everything in a mmo is counter productive to mmos and shameful. Frankly I hope for once the Devs completely ignore this forum and go in a traditional mmo route and add things that actually separate players in harder tier content.
    • Like x 2
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I am basing my argument on Charon's original tired system. If Free trinkets was the base tier and Rare was +5% and Earned was +10% for one that increase is marginal and closer to what we see existing now, despite my 3 parses used to display the rankings is amazing how when players who do 20-40 parses have the same ranking orders, guess I don't need to waste those hours and can allocate them elsewhere. There is nothing unrealistic about the 5% and 10% tier increases, you wanted to equate those percentages to skill points where we both know full well skill points are dwarfed in importance to artifacts. A player could be a CR290 skip with 71sp and pay for 3 200 artifacts and easily outdps someone with 500+ skillpoints and lower artifacts. Skill points mean nothing in today's dcuo to a DPS.
    • Like x 3
  20. Elda Mad as a Hatter

will the collectors edition pets be changed at all?
    summoning them makes robot sidekick blow up, and vice versa.
    they die very easily, requiring constant resummoning animation,
    and their dmg is only 2.3k a second, which me just lazily pulling a single add as a tank easily triples.

just feels a bit sad that a collectors edition combat pet is so lacking.