DPS pet trinkets hierarchy...... go

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

As title suggests im looking for some hard data here. Theres lots of opinion an thats fine too BUT can anyone either make the list of say the top 5 DPS pet trinkets for ST for AOE and why they rank them as such? I know Gazer got buffed and now may be one of the best on both fronts (hopefully so) but im looking for a semi-concrete list or at least a well made argument.
    I am not talking henchmen or bootility etc. i am after an apples to apples comparrison of dos pet trinkets like the paradox gazer or mother/father box or sea creature etc.

And go!!!
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It's almost like there is a youtuber who has been doing the exact thing you are looking for since 2018 and continues to do so whenever new pets are released.
    • Like x 10
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Like me up homie? I’d love to take a listen. We may not agree on much but i do enjoy your videos as there is valuable info and perspective there
    Edit: for reference im looking for varied opinion, info, data not a single source but would love your take on it and rational
  4. Rejchadar Inquisitor

For a single target, at the moment, the strongest "Brainiac Drone Pet" (it does about 12% more damage over the entire duration than the "Paradox Gazer", and 16% more than the "Dark Construct Bat", but in general, the "PG" and "DCB" are almost the same, the more tests the result will be approximate ).
    "Vampire Bat" and "Shadaw Bat" sometimes take longer breaks than "DCB". As a result, if you do 20 or more tests for each, you will notice that their average damage is slightly less than that of "DCB".
    Then there will be Atlantean Seahorse, but there is already a significant drop in damage.
    After Atlantean Seahorse, the damage drops even more ...

Better now, but in the past this person had terrible opening music ...;)
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

So your ranking for ST goes:
    1) braniac drone
    2) PG
    3) DCB

What about AOE? And/or what about universality maybe?
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If you tested the pets on the day it released I would not count the data as necessarily as reliable, numerous server issues were reported and even the new henchmen are bugged and a fix is waiting for them. As you will see with the Brainiac Drone the only reason why it is listed as your number one is that is has no delay in the time it attacks, where the bats have constant delays between their attack patters the drone does not. If that no delay was attributed to server issues then it would change the values.

It also may not have but the reason why I didn't release a video yet on that was I was waiting to hear that the server issues were not impacting pets.
    • Like x 1
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I tried to find a current vid from you and couldnt. I guess that explains why haha.
    Whats ur current opinion of top 3 for ST an top 3 for AOE? I know u eluded to a pending vid but as of now, what u got?
  8. Superbowl New Player

Where does the Motherbox rank in all this? Is these other pets really that much better? just wondering
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Just a reminder, when it comes to data, one should standardize the unit of measurement used in discussions on comparisons. Since most discussions on damage are in terms of damage per one second and all pets share a 120 second cooldown, damage results from pet summons (whether singular or averaged) should be divided by 120 so that it can be considered in proper context to it’s impact on one’s total damage which, like I just said, is typically expressed in damage per one second.
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Chiming in because I also did some sparring tests and have to agree with what Rej found since I found exactly the same. St was brainiac drone in 1st, he just hits non stop. Doesn't hit as hard as paradox gazer but hits more frequently. He came in 2nd by a smidge, like average is really that 10% Rej stated.
    Dark construct bat edges out all the other bats and barely lost to paradox guy.

Got cut off for shutdowns but will try to find some time between league runs and legends. Going to guess it stays the same ranking tho
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

man, now that you're actually checking the forums again, it takes the fun out of coming up with ridiculous conditions and recommendations for summoning you...
    • Like x 1
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

In-Game mails with nice attachments always go a long way
    • Like x 2
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

that may be true, but it's nowhere near as entertaining as saying "wait near the side of a still lake on the night of the first full moon following the summer solstice and bring a single lavender stem for the scent is pleasing to Obsidian, and he will answer your question about effective pet healing"
    • Like x 4
  15. Jcal Dedicated Player

Look how they massacred my boy

The reduction hammer has come for Braniac Drone. This thing was hitting fast, hitting hard. Let's see how it goes. Will it Engage the enemies, no more?
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Yeah ... I'm sorry but the change is extremely stupid, from a good pet, the pet has become useless junk taking up space in the inventory ... the builds based on pets and shard are already weak in comparison with the meta builds, every even small plus was what the continuous attacks of the pet were important for competitiveness ...
    The changes are very radical, the damage has dropped significantly by as much as 27% (as always the standard 20 tests), as a result, the pet can only be used if there is no access to other pets ... or you are cosplaying ... as a normal DPS pet for elite content it is useless .. ...
    The change is completely pointless.
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So glad I bought him. Like whyyyy he was slightly better than void gazer (whatever recent free pet is called) and another tiny bit better than bat construct. So now does gazer take 1st spot or did he get neutered too? At some point, source shard users are going to need a refund
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Just read the updates. Drone must be completely useless now since most of the time it was glued to the ground during combat. So now it hits weak and is gonna be glued to the ground lol
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Compared to the previous damage, this is a 27% loss (this is about the level of a sea horse), PG and Bats seem to have remained at the same level ... but this change spoiled my mood so much that I had thoughts of canceling my subscription ... collecting bit by bit, by the smallest detail, any possible bonus so that their damn artifact will work ... and yet another senseless change falls on your head, which once again took away all your efforts ...
    • Like x 1
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

The Drone was bugged, simply put. It has been fixed and brought in line with still with other combat pets as intended in previous hotfixes.

However, soon, Seahorse and onward, those combat pets will fire as the Drone was firing (every second or so) and will have balanced numbers to reflect that increased firing (i.e. reduced damage per hit but many, many more hits) to average out about the same overall damage over the 60 second lifetime. These will be more accurately reskinned now with new tech that averages out their different unique animations and does just pure damage calculations, ignoring animation speeds but giving some variance to damage for the sake of it (same number attack each time is kinda boring). With this new tech, the Father Box would do same damage as Dark Construct Bat which would do same damage as Seahorse despite their clearly different animations which previously caused them to be hard to balance and reskin effectively.

Furthermore, those pets will be in Tiers - free vs earned (rare drops, bought off vendors with currency) vs Survival Mode and the damages will be reflective of those Tiers. Earned does slightly more than free and Survival Mode does slightly more than Earned.

If Free pets make the transition onto vendors then they will bump up to the next Tier.

These changes are being tested and balanced internally currently.
    • Like x 7