Dps fire

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by N-IX, Mar 15, 2022.

1. N-IX Well-Known Player

hello everyone, I would like to change my power, I am currently ammunition with 3 art has 200 strategy card, transformation card and solar amplifier, I would like to know if for dps fire it could work .
    • Like x 1
  2. Aerith Rose Committed Player

I assume you are might based? Fire has descent single target damage but poor AOE damage.

I don’t mean to discourage you if it something you really want to try. IMO though I would not go fire for DPS.

Maybe some one else has a descent AOE load out??
  3. AV Loyal Player

Fire is overall pretty much the average for both ST and AoE but it benefits from mobility, tankiness/cc resistance, and one of the best Neo>10k combos.

Every power will perform as well as the player using it.
    • Like x 4
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yes it can work here’s why.

Solar has one of the highest base might. You also want to switch to fire. Solar is perfect for a fire dps. Sets things on fire, causes explosion, makes your hv stronger and gives you empowered channeling. The other two arts such as trans and strat pair up good. If you don’t have any other arts then you’re still fine either way. It really depends on what kind of fire dps you want to be.
    • Like x 4
  5. N-IX Well-Known Player

I want to invest myself as a tank but having a dps which holds the road, its allows me to mount other art for tank, thank you for your answers
    • Like x 1
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You’re good, as a fire tank trans and strat works really well. There’s different ways to make a fire tank work. Mystic Symbol of the Seven is a good art for a fire tank.
    • Like x 2
  7. N-IX Well-Known Player

OK, I take note of your advice :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Quantum Rising Committed Player

You're going to feel very under powered as a dps. Fire can hold it's own very well but Munitions is definitely OP right now and you will DEFINITELY feel the difference.
    • Like x 1
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

Heat Vision can also trigger multiple Crit procs, which can't be ignored.
    • Like x 2
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Two of Solar Amplifier's abilities are...
    * Your eye beams overheat and explode, damaging enemies near your traget - This is the same ability as Spontaneous Combustion.
    * Burns enemies near your target, making them vulnerable to burning effects - This is the same ability as Overheat.

So you're getting two of Fire's abilities already built in.

If you also activate SC and Overheat while having Solar Amplifier installed...You get two sets of DOTs and two burst damages. Yes, they stack.

That's a lot of chances to activate Trans/Strat while you're doing additional damage using another ability.
    • Like x 4
  11. GermanM Committed Player

What he says is true. As fire you will not have the same damage, if you´re fine with that go fire. Is a good power in tank and dps.
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Solar Strat Trans are the three key fire arts; Fire's ST is good, but not as high as Muni; however - you can solo Grodd with a Might-build Fire Battle Tank. Fire's legit.
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I don't think I'm wrong in saying that it's an all-purpose artefact combination compatible with all might powers
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I don't know...my Fire ST is managing to beat if not at least keep up with everything except really good Precision ST. My biggest issue still is finding a suitable AoE/Add loadout that is all purpose and does good numbers (then again, it's also likely me holding me back). I'm curious, what are you doing with Munitions ST that you see it as better than Fire ST (i'm serious, i'd like to improve myself)?
    • Like x 2
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I don't run Muni, I run Fire. Lemme clear that up, apologies for the misunderstanding, that was worded a little ambiguously.

I say "better" because Muni is "better" on paper - it tests out higher and has easier to integrate AoE options; which from what I've seen, can occasionally edge out a pure Fire ST rotation in an add-heavy instance. I don't know many great Muni players is the other side of that coin but I'm sure there's one somewhere that's amazing, so maybe that's my personal lack of exposure. I do know that this conversation has not made me interested in switching to Muni because I know what Fire can do.

I can run a pure Might ST Fire rotation that's outputting well enough to keep up in a Raid setting with a Gadgets DPS (friend of mine) who runs SS, Precision, 200 Arts, EoG cycling, 450 ish SP, et cetera. I see her blow everything else away, but we can basically paper-scissors-rock over who wins between me and her, and the last four times we ran there was maybe a 2 million damage discrepancy at the end of Six D. Regular, granted, but still. 2 million up or down at the end of a Raid where you can produce 100M without wiping is Output, Yo.

And it's the mechanics of how Fire works that make it that way. Fire's ST rotation, stripped down to the three core components? Never stops outputting, because it's almost impossible to interrupt consistently - it's covered by Emp Chan like 95% of the way around, the drop-off points for tap triangle, Soder usage, or trinkets and PDFs are basically the only points where you can be interrupted so even though it isn't the highest "on paper" damage by any means, it's still one of the most reliable ST damage producers because it literally never stops hitting things.

When you DO get interrupted, the follow-up to whatever you were just doing is another heavy-output channeled single-target Ability. You're not waiting for another SC usage (EoG cycle spam), Invis or Stealth cooldowns (ANY serious Gadgets or Mental rotation), trying to get back into the jump cancel cycle (Precision ST), setting up your combo again (Celestial, Rage, Light, Atomic), or recovering from Block Counters (Doom Spin).

The sparring target may not read higher than a Electric Prec, pretty much ever, but field results don't lie - Fire is a solid ST DPS DPS.
    • Like x 1
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Some things I forgot to mention...

1) People wondered why I include Overheat when the DOTs are so small. It's because Trans/Strat isn't reliant on how much damage you do. It only cares if you hit a critical. This damage is scaled by what your stats are not what you initial hit is. So trigging it with a 200 critical will get you the same result as a 200,000 critical.

2) Stoke Flames not only sets things on fire and gives you a DOT but also a heal. A heal which can trigger Trans/Strat even if you're a DPS. When doing the Legion of Doom bounties I generally get 3,500 a tick not counting Trans/Strat. That's a pretty nice safety net.

3) Adding to what you said above: Emp Channeling works with Snuff Out which gives double damage when the enemy goes below 35% Add that to The Batman Who Laughs Ally and you get something pretty special. Double damage and up to 6% damage debuff which can't be cancelled. Also, if Snuff Out isn't done working and your target dies it will continue on to the next target automatically.
    • Like x 2