Dps balance

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Willythewizard, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Willythewizard New Player

Hello. So is there any possibility of getting a balance on dps powers. I am a main atomic tank but I also like to dps with atomic might and I find it impossible to keep up with the top powers like gadgets and elec, I don’t even care about being top dps I just want to feel like I’m contributing more to the group instead of getting 20 milled by some gadgets or elec precision dps. This is just my opinion maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like every run I’m in it’s always gadgets or elec dps on top of the charts. I’m curious to hear what other people think about this not sure if I’m asking too much.
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

The devs have said a balance pass was on the list of things coming. They already ran a supercharge balance thru test but the community kinda lost its collective mind. Prec is great and I think deserves to be on top because it takes so much more effort to be really good at. I don't use a prec build on any toon because I'm playing to relax and I can also stay very close to them with my sorcery pet build. I'd also suggest looking at 2nd column for comparison vs 1st column. A lot of players are super speed and rushing to groups of adds and then a lot of us don't care to be that hyper and only care about boss damage. In anything other than a raid, I'll usually top both but in a raid like fgse, my overall is nothing compared to 1st because I'm flying and not caring.

Artifacts have really helped with balance tho so you may want to post a loadout recommendation thread instead and list what your rotation and choice of artifacts are. And also keep in mind, some players are tac swapping artifacts during a fight and that can realllllly swing the numbers in their favor. Someone that would be near you normally can tac swap their way to 10mil over you.
    • Like x 1
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

1. What's your loadout
    2. Artifacts
    3. Skill points
    4. What content are you having trouble in
    5. What is your movement mode
    6. What does your generator mods and all those stuff you can put mods in your gear are exactly
    7. What's your cr compared to those other powers you are having trouble with

A lot of information is missing from your thread and are crucial to your experience. I'm even more surprised you didn't even mention Munitions lol
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Weren't people mad and saying electricity sucked because the developers nerfed Tesla Bomb? And now I'm hearing electricity is top again? lol.
  5. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Depends on the raid content. If there is adds, Elec is still OP. Pure ST and it can suffer in comparison to the top DPS (If I remember, Elec Prec is pretty OP though).
  6. L T Devoted Player

Electric might AOE was only op in Atlantis. None of the episodes since then crush you with adds the way that DLC did. There was never a need to nerf Electric, as it was the particular content that made it what it was.

Electric precision is on the strong side if you have a bunch of skill points and can give your might abilities some umph in addition to maxing your precision, mostly because Circuit Breaker has much better uptime than NVB. It's not massively OP though. If it were you'd be seeing it everywhere.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They tried to start phase one with the SC balance pass. Then pitchforks came out. Batuba (who was heading it up) moved on to another opportunity for him. It then got pushed back until they can pencil in appropriate time to do it.

That being said, Atomic can be competitive (not top) amongst might single target. Most might ST loadouts are just Heat Vision, the finisher, and 1-2 filler powers (hopefully DoTs) robot sidekick and a supercharge. For Atomic, Heat Vision is the same as everyone else, the finisher is one of the top 3 strongest and neutron bomb isn't bad as a filler while the 1st 2 are on cooldown. You can also sneak in irradiate, it's not particularly strong but it's a very quick animation.

Atomic blast can be a good supercharge if you use it like a 10K and do two back to back with buff trinket and supply drop buffs active. Otherwise, Neo-venom is solid and is what probably 2/3 of the game uses anyways.
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Tbf my main is electric Prec. But in my defense I have been Prec on my main since HL was a precision power lol. Instead of using Prec combos I use Prec weapons now lol. And the first power I ever chose was electric. I always go with electric based powers first in any game I play. So I’m electric Prec because it’s what I like.

That said, my electric might aoe does more damage than my Prec aoe but my Prec st does more damage than my might st. Electric does shine pretty good in FVe but in FFe it’s pretty standard lol. Now, if someone is Gemini spamming that my numbers do go up. But that’s because of circuit breaker itself and not the base kit.

As for the OP, yes powers aren’t perfectly balanced. But there is more balance now than before. On my atomic ive never had an issue keeping up or being top dps either. Never got beat by that amount lol. What are you using?
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s actually exactly what I use lol.

HV > NB > Finisher > NB > repeat, with robot doing passive damage and venom SC.

For aoe I replace the finisher for freeze breath 2 tick combo.

My biggest issue with atomic is that you have to waste a slot on an aura shortcut that’s only real purpose is the shortcut and then becomes pretty much useless for the rest of the fight. Beta surge should be max range 300 power ST combo. Density is the weakest tank (main) shield so to compensate let it also activate the short cut (mainly for the tank side). Electron flare should be a standard field aoe dot that activates the aura too.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I've known a couple good atomic DPS's that said "F the shortcut" and would just spam NB at first to activate it. Another school of thought floating around is to use the weapon buff with the head mod that gives 2% crits. I'd probably do that if I was running the meta, trans and Strat. But really it's not a big deal since nothing is stronger than HV and finisher so you're just filling the space in between anyway which leaves space on the bar.

One thing I've found with your specific ST rotation is that if you clip NB too quickly there's a slight delay until you can do heat vision again which is why I slip irradiate in. Although, when I was experimenting with the La Mort card, having that little hiccup was still worth getting around to the finisher as quickly as possible to fit it in as many times as possible. La Mort actually performs quite well with Atomic. It's just unfortunate because even with the lack of DoT's, nothing is better than solar amp, trans and Strat meta for ST.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup I have to agree. Ever since the start came out the solar amp aoe dot became even more prominent, especially for aoe. Powers who didn’t have any form of dot suddenly had one.

Funny thing thou is that I’m actually thinking about replacing the strat on my lower alts. Honestly speaking, I have no intention on running elite with them lol. So most adds will end up dead before the strat dot revs up and completes lol. Still soooo much that needs to be tested lol. Pre-new dlc is probably my favorite time to test because I’m done with everything else lol
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yeah, with rare exception my atomic toon only tanks in elites. So for the DPS side I didn't care about having the best this or that and opted for a non-meta setup just to do something different. Plus having a good battle tank LO was important but I wasn't gonna have three sets of arts so my DPS arts are ones that are good for battletanking as well. I liked the La Mort Card but SM expedited my plans to level the Dillustel Refractor for tanking scenarios without adds so there went my La Mort :-/.

Although, since my main and the tanking side of my atomic alt are pretty much DONE with artifacts (finally, thank god) next double XP I'll actually devote to my atomic DPS side. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet though.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol I’m in the same boat. My main actually has a lot of artifacts. I have a set of troll/tank/healer and multiple dps artifacts. But that’s mainly cause I switch my main a lot to test powers when I’m bored. But my alts aren’t that lucky. My second main or 1st alt (however you wanna look at it lol) is HL and I should be finishing his set of troll artifacts next double nth week.

I pretty much stopped paying attention to my alts after artifacts came out and when the bounty grind came they were all but forgotten. This dlc I started building them up again. Even got my HL to max cr too. I have enough nth saved up to upgrade 5 artifacts from 0 to 160 so if next dlc brings a double nth week I will be golden. If not… well… I guess I’ll have enough nth saved for 9 artifacts lol
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I think I took a gander at that first column once. Can't remember for the life of me what it's for though... :p
    • Like x 1
  15. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I laugh every time I see someone use heatvision.
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Why?
    • Like x 1
  17. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Another fail balance pass that's going just make another group of powers top? Stop asking, history always repeats itself lmao
    Especially with new artifacts and Allies that will no doubt shift balance, pass or no pass.
    • Like x 2
  18. Mertal Defer 94 New Player

hello, I play for the HL and can compete with a gadget and electricity ... it seems to me that for many years now the forces are more or less balanced