Double Lex Coins & New Rewards!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

this, for me. I appreciate that they finally got around to a jacket, but I would much rather have had a jacket that I could wear over my existing Daring Vigilante style. the chest throws my character's look off, sadly. eh, 'tis what it is. I earned a few bob flogging a few of 'em, anyway, so all's well.
    • Like x 1
  2. Clothez Active Player

I agree with this, the orbital is literally the same as the original orbital if it hits any targets.
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

It actually isn't literally the same but the extra damage FX from a ranked up orbital is covering the more subtle differences of the new graphics. I'll be looking into changing that.

Curious if people really care about the extra effects from housing enhancements that do not match the original effects of reskinned orbitals - if they don't, can remove them or decrease them.

In either case, a flashier hit effect that will outshine the extra ranked up effects will be added. Much like how the other ones are - Oracle, Calculator, Volcano, etc.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Didn't now that. I've owned them since before the new skins.

I do know that I've had people I play with complain about them with the new skins (putting an old skin DOES solve the issue, but if you want a new skin....ooopsie), but I didn't now they pulled it down from the MP. Bummer.
    • Like x 2
  5. thedemonocus Loyal Player

The only thing i don't like about these orbitals is my bank is getting filled up with orbitals i don't use but am afraid to del because i might use them later.
    • Like x 1
  6. XPerfectX Well-Known Player

Any chance to see a good looking Mordru or Lobo hairstyles at some point? It lacks of some long hairstyle for men that make your toon don't look like Fabio!!!
    • Like x 2
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

just wish we got the Canary hair
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Mail them off to a seldom used alt. They will stay there for 60 days+ as many days as it is before you log in on that alt, before returning to your mail...then 60 days in your mail. That's 120 days of limbo time for a min worth of work mailing them out and you can always go to the alt to get them if you want to use one.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A lot of those orbitals are character bound once equipped.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was guessing if he's struggling with inventory overload, it was from the dropped ones, not yet equipped. But yes, if equiped or 'account bound' or un-tradable, it won't work to mail them.

Personally I have a few, but don't buy most of the orbitals from the vendors because I know they are just a passing thing and yes, can cause inventory bloat if you don't like deleting things...but I do have a TON of the dropped ones I'm not quite ready to delete yet. I pretty much stick to my lava orbital, the starheart shard, Zeus's lightning (when I want to drive people crazy) and the old faithful OG one. Other toons use one or more of the different dropped ones like void or CALC/ORCL ones, but they pretty much get one only or the OG. Guess I don't get the need for 10-15 different ones on one toon....if that's the situation he's in.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kestral Committed Player

Honestly other than size of the area affected I've never noticed a difference between the different orbitals and just assumed they were straight skins with the same effects. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The main benefit is just to be able to tell who in your group of friends used the orbital or to have the aesthetics match your character powers more.
    • Like x 2
  12. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I do that with the ones i don't equip but i don't mail them i just put them in the shared bank and move them that way,much easier than the mail
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Absolutely, :)
    • Like x 2
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey, to each his own, but if you are just looking to hide them somewhere, open mail, attach items...send...requires no log off then on as the alt, or 2 moves into and out of shared bank....that's pretty easy. Personally I only use the shared bank for things that cannot be mailed like account bound promethium box styles and such or things I want available to all toons like catalysts (otherwise I forget who has them sometimes). But again, everyone has their preference, I just wanted to point it out as a decent method.

Example I probably sent 200 collections to my storage guy for the summer event over the month. That's a lot of back and forth if I used shared bank. I mailed it all and never logged out once other than what I was going to do anyway...can deal with the mail in 20-40 days from now with 1 visit to that toon.
    • Like x 1
  15. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

It would be sweet if before this event end we could get a skin with Lobo's face marking, his bike as a orbital strike. Since a drop of blood can create a number of Lobo's maybe have half he size henchmen like Slobo?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay just to "mildly" express how I feel about the Double Lex Coins this week................

O M G Y E S!
    LOL so it has been great.... my main and 6 alts are all now at CR 304 with a complete set of CR s65 gear from the vendor. Oh and my main has only 3 more pieces to buy before I have a full set for both roles. :D

Almost 2 weeks before the end of July (12 to be exact) and ?? who knows exactly when in August the Wonderverse DLC will go live and I have a TEAM of alts ready to attack. Spend whatever time is left getting more gear for the support roles on all alts so I cab be DPD/TANK, DPS/TROLL and /or DPS/HEAL for the new stuff.

Soooo how has it gone for everyone else?
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How about if after you equip them they automatically appear in your depository. This way you can delete them and get them back whenever you want. The same could go for Henchmen and Sidekicks.
    • Like x 2
  18. Earth742 Well-Known Player

Help me, TechWarrior0329! You're my only hope!

I would be playing right now, but my HP craputer was getting too effing hot.. yes I have to let it cooldown or it'll shut down. A problem I didn't have until 2020... and getting worse... so about to do another round or three of maintenance and restart the craputer. That 'should' allow me to play at least half the day without it getting too hot...
    2020; Year of TECH HELL & a president so awful he makes LEX LUTHOR LOOK GOOD!!!!

Idk if i'd use the Mask, but I think ALL the new additions look great! Looking to get the Auras & Chromas on a few toons, and I'm making a LIST of which alts to get the jacket!
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Ummm sorry but when I picked that screen name it was because the first ever character I created was a gadgets powered DPS/troll who had batman as his Mentor.... hate that your going through all that with your computer but my "tech" knowledge can be quickly summed up:

I spent 20+ years in the military working daily at a computer. When anything started not working right you

1. Picked up phone
    2. Called IT
    3. Waited for them to arrive and solve the issue OR
    4. On their recommendation ordered and received a new one

I have no magic wand that can cure your issue. Hope thing get better soon.:(
    • Like x 1
  20. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Do a test to see if all your fans all still working properly + replace the heatsink thermal paste (most likely culprit).
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.