Double Dark Metal Coins and New Rewards!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

probably in the part deaux of the vendor addition. Metal vendor Part Deaux: Dark Robin henchman are for real.
    • Like x 2
  2. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Unless there are feats attached to those, I will not be distracted from getting my War-Metal upgrades first. But thanks! :D
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Close, but not that close...I've go all of those materials and I clearly see some differences (like the Forge Material retains more detail and has quite more shine compared to the Champion Pack Materials which have a dull metal look to the in comparison).
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well you get a Dark Robin with a level 23 Augment so...
    • Like x 1
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Hey, if you're offering dental, I can put on a sleazy-looking Robin outfit, and help you out, if you like.
    • Like x 3
  6. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

*checks pocket*
    I've got a guitar pick, two sticks of Big Red, and almost three bucks in loose change. What does that get me?

I'm gonna ThunderGun the hell out of those spheres.
  7. an81angel Well-Known Player

LOL - of course - Somehow I knew it would happen this the weekend, since this is the weekend I am going to Disneyland for a family vacation.
  8. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I know right, it will be a struggle to stay focused on just leveling with all these additional coins.
    • Like x 2
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Sweet, i'll grab my marks on focus on gearing my toons though. These items will be put on the backburner for now.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I appreciate what you're saying, however,

When a DLC is over, despite the previous DLC remaining within the relevancy window people start to significantly stop playing it, given there's already been complaints about the "repetitive nature of this DLC" fair or not, I'm imagining activity within this content will probably drop off more rapidly than some others, slowing down the mark yield each week.

At the same time as the release of the next DLC there is going to be the Christmas event, followed immediately by the Anniversary Event, followed immediately by the Valentines event, followed immediately by the St Patricks event, followed most likely then immediately by another DLC?

It's also smack bang in the middle of the Christmas/New Years holiday period, all of which starts to create more pressure to get this particular stuff done while the population is more active and people are more actively running the content in question.

I know there the reasoning that "it'll become source marks" eventually too, sure that's great but that's likely a year down the track from now.

That "feeling of pressure" is definitely there when players are trying to get content run when they know it is most active and increasing the necessary mark spend does increase that feeling of "pressure", that exact feeling of pressure, is also what's compelling the use of replay badges, people want to get the content done while it's relevant because they know full well it becomes less active later, raids start dropping off, bounties start dropping off etc.

I appreciate your perspective but I'm not sure just because the rewards are permanent they're free of applying this "pressure" point, in fact you often see people talk about how older the content gets the harder it is to get groups for it, despite the fact those rewards are permanent as well, that is exactly why people want/feel the need to get it done quickly.

Again I'm not saying don't add the rewards. The rewards are appreciated, I was simply giving feedback in relation to the timing off it, probably the entire timing of this DLC to be fair, the DLC is timed to a near on exact 3 month window and even the pricing of the gear and the like has remained the same as JLD, which is going to have been 168 days, not the 91 days~ (based on previous developer indiciations) we'll be seeing with this DLC.

JLD will have been nearly twice as long as this DLC but with the same cost is being placed on the rewards for this DLC. That's is what creates the feeling of pressure.

Appreciate the response Mepps, just wanted to give that feedback. :)

edit; perhaps the issue lies in exactly that of course, the fact people stop running content out of relevancy, perhaps the answer is in turn more double mark weekends for previous mark content when they fall out of relevancy to encourage an increase in playtime, just throwing the idea out there, I know you do them sometimes, but perhaps there could be more of them ;)

Could also possibly do increased loot odd weekends for even older content where people are still trying to get drop styles?
    • Like x 6
  11. SkullGang Devoted Player

Feels abit too soon but alright.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I agree it does seem too soon ^ but it's a simple matter of more choices and having more time to complete them sooner rather than later. Also I would be thankful there are items in vendor instead of another time capsule so I'm actually glad they started doing vendor related mats and auras. I still don't have the other two from Titans only both Ikons but that is due to 1) A lack of interest AND 2) Lack of players for full queues quick runs.

When a new dlc(episode) hits it's best to run as much as you can as soon as it hits, the longer you wait hinders your progress - if you go slow then a new dlc hits you just cut off your nose to spite your face by playing leisurely. This game as with all other games has players who are top tier and have new op item within 24hrs of a new dlc - they exist, always have! Then there's the rest of us and there's different classes of us as well considering the breakdown between Legendary(and those who don't run Elite vs those who do)/Premium/F2P and when free-episodes are ongoing or not. With newly added rewards sooner rather than later (as with Shadow Demon and feats attached and the hairstyle, accessory etc) you have more time to obtain them with a larger crowd of players participating. I'd rather see these items now instead of half-way through or near end of dlc, it's your prerogative on what to buy first... "aesthetics" or "gear" but I always do gear first everything else last - good rule of thumb for most players.
  13. LoganCaron Active Player

Not related to this post but i would so much like that you guys put the renowns to buy..it could be a new vendor or in Qwarks Vendor..could be at a high price..cause man trying for over a year now do to Titans elite..but everyone leaving or they are not high enough to do it..so hard to get those renown..cant seem to find group's to complete it
  14. Raven Roth Committed Player

Hope the Spirit Amzons are added in the next rewards
    • Like x 1
  15. Controller Devoted Player

Should've added a "Fair Play" jacket...:)

But I guess Guy Gardner's jacket can fill in for the time being.
    • Like x 2
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I think all of Proxy's points and suggestions here are well-made and on-point.

I think the idea of "double mark weekends for previous mark content when they fall out of relevancy" is particularly worth trying; how can it hurt?

I still like my own previous suggestion that every weekend be some sort of special bonus weekend. There are more than enough possible rewards to make for a very long rotation of months before you need repeat any specific ones. Draw more people to play on weekends by guaranteeing some kind of special bonus.

What's the downside?

(I note that we've had a steep increase in special weekend bonuses in recent times, and I applaud that.)
    • Like x 2
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If anything, more rewards should keep people wanting to play the dlc for longer. The balking at being given more cool things to optionally earn if you want to, without any limited time restrictions, is really something I have trouble understanding.
    • Like x 7
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

If you paired more rewards along with removing Combat/Mark Relevancy, that will keep people wanting to play the Episode longer. Once I stop getting marks from content, it is 100% in my rear view window. Of course excluding Zoo Elite and Pan Elite which I am willing to run once a week since I can make a good chunk of $$ if the Cape or Henchmen drop.
    • Like x 2
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

The thing is, we don't know how long any given DLC is ever going to be, so it's entirely estimated by the pricing because we've long expected that we'd be able to naturally gear up then get a little bit of a breather then have a new DLC.

Also, you say "optionally earn" but then at the same time you slap 10pt feats on them, they're not really optional after that, because in the same way players chase time capsule feats they're going to chase these feats meaning you've immediately increased the mark cost of the DLC by 500 (only collecting 3 of the new items)

So you're now looking at 375 marks for an OP collection, 666 marks for a set of elite gear, 250~ odd marks for jewellery and accessories sorry that ones off the top of my head not in game and now 500 marks in additional accessories.

That alone means about 1791 marks, you get what 100 marks a week, which means it'll take you 17 weeks to complete it when the DLC is scheduled on 12 weeks.

This is all subtly leading the player to feel pressured to spend replays, in fact unless you want to keep playing the content with the challenges I highlighted in my earlier post you have no choice, you cannot naturally get the rewards within the length of the DLC.

If you add now even more rewards, this blows out even more.

With a couple of bonus mark weekends you might drop this down from 17 weeks to maybe 14 weeks but it doesn't entirely alleviate the pressure and it also hinges on players playing everything, every day without fail.

This is where the feeling of pressure comes from, because this is how most, not all, but most end game players approach the game.

Again, thanks for your reply.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.