Fixed Doomspin precision combo

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Illumin411, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The two Handed Doomspin combo is doing an insane amount of damage compared to every other precision combo and every other DPS option. To me this seems like an unintended bug considering the following...

A: two people who did extensive test both on test and live servers both said it was the only obvious change between the last build on test and what was pushed out to the live GU.

B: it undermines the entire point of the weapons pass which was, according to my understanding, to bring all weapons and combos in relative line with each other with consideration to the various aspects of precision DPS (range, combo length and complexity, etc) and eliminate a clear cut, hands down, nothing-else-comes-close meta.

C: It's not even a cross weapon mastery combo which not only are supposed to be the strongest by design but are also required to proc the Cog of Mageddon.

I get that there is supposed to be a risk/reward factor and that doomspin is high risk with it being melee range, blockable and interruptible, but it's reward seems astronomically high. Obviously melee is not viable in elite content boss fights as it's a deathwish. However, in every other scenario, it's obliterating every other DPS option, might or precision, especially when a tank is present and holding aggro making most of the risk a non-factor.
    • Like x 1
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I initially only researched previous posts on this topic using the search term "doomspin" and not also using "doom spin". After searching "doom spin" I saw that it was previously looked at and confirmed not to be a bug by Mepps. However, Mepps said it can be moved to regular feedback if people think it's a problem.

Mepps, I'm o sure xactly what you meant by "moved to regular feedback" but if you guys care about balance, want the weapons pass to have been successful in it's goals, and don't want the only precision DPS artifact that promotes team-first gameplay over selfish scoreboarding to be rendered obsolete and useless, IT'S A PROBLEM.
  3. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Doomspin gets interrupted so much when actually going through content. I get WAY more damage running DW - Flurry Shot than I do TH - Doomspin. Sparring Targets =/= Actual Gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

From what I read in previous discussions, that seems to be the common argument in favor of it's current status. But my impression of it is based purely off of in-content gameplay. Over the past few DLC's I've run with a lot of the same people and have quite a large sample pool of data regarding their DPS compared to mine both pre and post weapons pass as well as their DPS when using a flurry shot loadout vs them using a doomspin loadout. I have no idea how much they are getting interrupted but the pattern of doomspin superiority has been clear and consistent. I'm sure when running alerts without a tank your statement is on point but in raids, if the tank and/or troll are doing a good job of CC, wouldn't that render the "interruptable" factor mostly irrelevant?
  5. AV Loyal Player

Realistically, people aren't generally sitting there Doomspinning elite bosses though. It's great for prec raid trash clear, yeah, but it's extreme high-risk:high-reward in nature and effectively suicide vs anything that actually matters.
    • Like x 2
  6. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Not a bug. Totally fine.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

So after the weapon pass DW Bow is still the most viable and ugly combo? ... What was it even for then?! That's still the only thing I see people using besides doomspin.
  8. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Well, according to Illumin and others, TH Doomspin outdoes DW Flurry Shot. I find it believable, since it's most likely that I'm just bad at doing melee damage. Anyway, assuming they're close in performance, the most recent weapon update doubled the number of precision damage options. If there's another strong-ish weapon combo/mastery, then it's TRIPLE the choices! I'm happy that precision players have more options now. ^_^