Doomsday Bounty: Not Worth It

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, May 16, 2018.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I just checked it two or three times and nothing. I know what you are talking about but it was not working for me. Common knowledge or not.............. if it's not working it's not working. The devs need to fix the cooldown on the probiotic consumable icon to match the 3 minute cooldown of the actual probiotic.
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Might want to send in a ticket or check your graphics settings or something, because that's how it's supposed to work for you.
    • Like x 1
  3. C3alix Committed Player

ayyyyye!

But really, I managed to spam it for about 20 minutes yesterday with no problem.
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Am I the only one who gets hungry everytime someone shouts in LFG for "Doomsday Spam"?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Like I told Fatal. Go tank DD in a raid group and tell me that you can see the flashing. The cooldown on the probiotic icon needs to be adjusted to show the actual 3 minute cooldown of the probiotic not the cooldown timer for the extreme cola.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

As bad as both my eye sight and TV are, if I can see it go from white to red while in a huge mob of players, then anyone should be able to.

Unless they're color blind, which in that case it probably would be a good idea to match the cooldown with the effect timer.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

Yup if you have enough people around to kill Doomsday fast enough, you could get atleast 2 kills in between every probiotic duration.. Managed to time that in fairly well when we were farming last night. With a few derp-exceptions. :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's not really visible unless you're looking for it (at least while you're fighting doomsday, which is the only time you need to use it anyway). Between powers, lag and everything else going on, you don't even notice the normal white aura, let alone the red one. Of course, I discovered it doesn't matter anyway (at least with the 30 players taking him down now). I pop it, it lasts for 2 fights and part of a third. I get KO'd the last half of the third fight, but it still counts for the feat anyway.

That way I save probiotic, lol. 2 for 6 fights instead of 4.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

I farmed the full 100 kills-feat last night with no less than 50 people during that session PLUS my own raid group, so yeah, been there done that. :p I didn't have too much of an issue seeing or keeping up with the indicator and duration of the Probiotic.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Let's put it this way, half the time the lag is so bad I can't even see Doomsday for a good 10 seconds or so after the fight has started. My power animations don't show up until 2-3 seconds after pressing them, lol. But, when not in the middle of the fight, I agree, it's easy to see if you're looking for it.
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That's how I know it runs out. I go down like a sack of tators. LOL
    • Like x 1
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

100 bounties last night. Don't come on here talking about not havin nufin to do because ima be on you like white on rice. LOL
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

Sucks to be proven wrong lol. Keep an eye open next time though, you'll get used to the red flashing-animation that is in fact there. :)
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Nothing being proven wrong about here. I'm saying the cooldown that should have been set to 3 minutes in the first place needs to be fixed and set to the right time.

It's not flashing on my end and I've done it many times. Solo & in groups. I also have my settings on high. The icon cooldown needs to be fixed like I said and there would not be this issue in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Problem with that is, like I pointed out in another post, if you go down the probiotic effect wipes and you cannot drink another for the cooldown duration. I'd rather have to watch the aura and be able to re-up after a knockout. There were several times last night were I got KO'd when DPSing (not from the aura...from getting punched/stomped) and I had to stand back and wait because I couldn't re-up the probiotic due to cooldown. After a few times of that, I switched to Tank so I knew I would not get knocked out by a punch, but obviously you can't have everyone in tank/heal role to stay upright...someone has to be dps'ing and they will likely get KO'd at some point.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

I agree, that is rather silly actually. The effect should be able to stick for the full 3 minutes if you die to an attack not related to the damaging aura during it's duration. On the other hand, not ultra-meleeing Doomsday seems like a wise enough choice to make lol :p
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

But I need to use my SC generator... :D
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

If you read this sentence with just the right inflection... it sounds pretty funny. :p
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

Regardless of the cooldown and whether or not they put in a change for it, the red flash does happen and that's your best indicator for now, so if that isn't physically rendering for you personally for some reason i'd advice you once more to send in a ticket about it. Because that's how it works right now.
    • Like x 1
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If it's not turning red for you, record it and post it. That could potentially help development look into it and fix it.
    • Like x 1