Doomsday Bounty: Not Worth It

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, May 16, 2018.

1. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Trolls have a healing debuff; in case you forgot.
    • Like x 3
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Actually, the probiotic aura starts flashing between white and red colors right before it wears off. It could be hard to see if you have a lot of players around you but if you keep close enough of a look on your toon you should be able to see it.
    • Like x 4
  3. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

Can also get a Tribute mark from the cache.

And yes, as people pointed out they wanted to try it differently with the bounty simply because he plays a bigger part. to tackle him once a week wouldnt do him justice so they went with the daily concept. Imo, he could drop 2 Tribune as he is the core daily of the storyline.

Overall it's nice content for some kind of event/anniversary/permanent edition in between the usual episode release.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dene Devoted Player

its not an event, ep or DLC just an added extra

why should it drop gear ?
    • Like x 1
  5. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i finished the 100 kills in one day, i ran alts and got as many shields as i could or just buy them from the broker, then you need to find a large group of people i'm talking like 70 people spamming the hell out of Doomsday and you will burn him really fast.
  6. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Yep, it may not be hard now to repel doomsday when you are in the right phase. I suggest once you are in a good group and a good phase stay and farm your 100 feat, cause in about 2 weeks the zone will be dead and it will take a much longer time to kill him.
    • Like x 5
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

Yup I did this last night aswell, had well over 50+ people in the same phase on top of our formed up group throughout the entire session and I could usually fit in atleast 2 Doomsday kills for every Probiotic. With that many people in the same phase, he gets repelled so quick and respawns almost immediately.

I feel sorry for anyone with a poor system/connection attempting this though... The lag could be REAL at times. It was mostly okay for me, but at one point my loadout kept freezing up for 5 minutes straight because there was just so much people in our phase at the time lol
    • Like x 2
  8. Lodestone Active Player

Actually it does, you will see the aura change colours turning red ( looking like the red soul aura from sorchery) and white for about 15/20 sec, so at that time you will know that you have to consume again.
    edit: Srry seeing Zneeak has already addressed this.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I didn't forget. Our troll had one on him. Even with a healing debuff, a group of 8 still takes a long time to bring him down. Either that, or the dps in our group just sucked (it's a distinct possibility since it was a totally random LFG group, lol) With 12-16 it goes a lot faster however. :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is a cool idea. Thanks for the tip.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, same thing for me. 2, sometimes 2 1/2 KOs per probiotic. I eventually got used to the fact that when I pressed a power it wouldn't register for another 2-3 seconds lol, or that Doomsday would be invisible for a while since my laptop was still rendering him, lol. It was special though, pressing my absorb heat firestorm and seeing 2 or 3 other absorb heats going in the same group... almost hearing the words "one for all, and all for one!"

Then I could hear Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting in the background, as Doomsday smashed and destroyed Metropolis...

Appropriate:

"I'll make a stand. I won't break.
    I'll be the rock you can build on,
    Be there when you're old,
    To have and to hold."

"I will defend, I will fight.
    I'll be there when you need me.
    When honor's at stake,
    This vow I will make:"
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Even on PS4... Doomsday will dissapear and reappear.

So it's not 100% the fault of your laptop.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Hmm, I'll have to apologize to my laptop then. Might have said some things I regret... :oops: ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I had just gotten around with the Death of Superman today and was wondering why no one/barely anyone are gathering around for Doomsday, now I know why :/
    • Like x 1
  15. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I will say I looked at the feats and looked at the rewards and promptly went back to what I was doing. So more incentive to run this should prob be a thing.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Try a different phase, I joined a spam group this morning and it had 4-5 different raid groups killing doomsday, he was dropping in less than two minutes.
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I just tested that & it did not flash for me. This is what needs to be fixed.

The timer on the probiotic is the same time as a cola. The timer on the probiotic icon needs to be set to at 3 minutes not the same cooldown as a cola.
    [IMG]
    I clicked both consumables cola extreme & the probiotic at the same time.
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

It does flash, keep an eye on your probiotic until the aura disappears. It should flash between white and red for the last 15 or so seconds before it wears off.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I honestly thought this was common knowledge...
    • Like x 1
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

Apparently not :D Red is such a cool, non-danger indicating color you know! That's why when most players see a giant, red skull they keep happily Dps'ing anyway :cool:
    • Like x 1