Doomsday Bounty feat is not a good step in the right direction

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by comrade sonya, May 17, 2018.

1. comrade sonya Committed Player

Requiring players to repeat a bounty "x" amount of times in general leads to boring repetitive gameplay. However, when you make it 100 times and you consider how the playerbase operates with feats like these (aka run everything the first couple days then never again) it creates a recipe for disaster. Players that want to take their time, or are perhaps taking break, etc have no other choice but to spam on release day or forget about completing these feats due the requirement of needing a group to complete the content. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'd imagine it being extremely difficult to find a group of players for Doomsday a 100 days from now who also did it once per day.

I would suggest lowering the feat requirement for Doomsday by at least half and avoid making high number feats for bounties in future content. I say this as somebody who has already completed the feat for Doomsday as I know sometimes people on the forum think requests for change is coming from those looking for a freebie. I did not have fun today doing the same thing 100 times but I knew I had no other choice if I wanted to get this feat out of the way. The game should be centered around having fun, and ideally feats should be centered around skill not repetition. For the sake of current and future players of the game rethink the approach when it comes to group content feats that require "X" re-runs. Thank you!
    • Like x 16
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

I agree and I can't believe what I'm about to say.

Make the bounty NOT count towards the feat, unless you have the instance in your journal (unlocked)

Now pardon me, while I go drink bleach
    • Like x 2
  3. Yaiba Committed Player

I agree with you, 100 is just too much. People will try to finsh it in day 1-2 and then you will never find a group to do the feat or even mission. Same as Starro bounty, 105.... I know that I can't achieve that feat at this momment :(
    • Like x 4
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's tame compared to my suggestion. I had that AND make it non resettable lol
  5. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

having to keep reapplying the repeal just makes it annoying
  6. Masm Active Player

Not sure if people have noticed, but new content that's released takes a max of 30-45 minutes to complete forcing you to either replay like mad from day 1 or create multiple toons to get more than an hour play time out of this game. So "Boring,Repetitive gameplay is kind of the theme is DCUO and THAT is what needs to change over all.

30 - 45 minutes of "free" game play time a day for subbed players who don't desire to run more than one toon?!
    • Like x 3
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Look this is the same thing people were yelling about with the Giant Starro.. And guess what? OMG players are still grouping up and attacking the big guy. Even today with the reset and tons of players screaming in the LFG for Henshaw or Bizarro or Doomsday I some how still managed to find a team (quickly) and take down Starro for my 8 crowns, 8 marks and armor drop. I was on my new alt and while i need to go back tomorrow some how I got Eclipso and the Gentleman Ghost out of the way in the war Torn Village.

Believe it or not ..NOT every single player in the game is at end game yet and they are still running the older content. Heck my new alt is at Cr 203 at the moment and I managed to Que up and get both the RwC duos and the alert done before I logged for the night. Oh and I was teamed with players in the 230+ probably still trying to get that last lieutenant to show up so they can defeat him or her.

Now lets review some of the suggestions shall we......

NO .. sorry I have defeated (if you want to call getting his health down 10% a defeat) Doomsday 5 times so far. Players were all but screaming last night at how fast you could accomplish that because there were 100 in a zone all attacking him. NOW take away the feat from anyone under the CR and guess how many of those players would totally ignore Doomsday. If they do the deed they deserve the full rewards. Notive the DLC/event is a whole two days old and i have credit for defeating him 5 times. And 2 of those must have been some one on my defeat 99 team taking a break from attacking Lex Corp t help defeat Doomsday because i personally have only attacking hie THREE times LOL

Sorry Fatal but I am totally against anything like that ever again. I endured that crap with 8 different alt getting them all 500 Rogues. My opinion way too many feats in this game that take forever. Want examples? Okay my now CR 203 Alt is still

Running back to Ace Chemical and Strykers every day to do a daily mission so I can get the solo challenges so i can grab the armor those missions hand out. I STARTED work on that feat at CR 70

Still running to the Wastelands and doing dailies so every 5 days I can get the extra brother mission on the duo s from Wonder Woman and finally get to 17.. Started that at CR 84 and I am just about done.. Next time I work the dous I should have my 17.

Still running back to Gotham under Fire and doing dailies so I can get the bounties there done.. I actually have the feat for all 4 but am still working on that special style ONLY THEY hand out

Still doing the New Genesis daily because I need around 11 more to get the feat for 24 times? I think that's iy

Hell still going back to Typhon's Monster Invasion Zone.... because I haven't been in enough sewers and warehouses yet for that feat.

And that is just off the top of my head. I am also STILL running around in Gotham and Metropolis defeating Rogues to get ALT number 9 to 500 Rogues defeated. They throw enough stuff at us that forced players to run back and do things over and over and over for no real reward but eventually the feat. Everyone wanted the revamp so STATS matter .. How about we make it possible to actually complete feats without it becoming a marathon?
    • Like x 3
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

I think we have some like Raven, Dr. Light, NGN bounties,.... I don't know if I miss something, but atleast the number is lower (10,16...)
    • Like x 2
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

If one or two could do the Doomsday bounty I wouldn't care but it requires a raid group or more so me and a few in my league finished it today . I honestly don't plan to run it again sadly I think this could of been better if it didn't need so many people to run it.
    • Like x 3
  10. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Finished it last night and agree with everyone else here. I think the devs create artificial longevity to compensate for their lack of volume of content. Instead of creating a ton of things to do, they make a few things that require extreme repetition to complete in order to create a sense of ‘omgz so much stuffs to do!’
    • Like x 1
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

I did a solid chunk last night. Had fun seeing all these villains pushing the system to the limit. Some has asked for epic open world bounties in the past and now we’ve got one. Everyone standing on the edge of the crater just waiting for him to spawn...the dice or bouncy balls are fun to play with for the minute or so inbetween, lol ;)

Do 1, do a few, do them all, have fun :)
  12. Great Architect Loyal Player

Villain side, there is a feat where you have to wrap up 5 iconic heroes in vines in the boss fight (after completing 5 dailies). The vines drop from 1 of the 10 daily missions only, have a 7-day expiry date, and then you have to get each Hero as the boss (Nightwing, Batwoman, Robin, Huntress and Batman, IIRC). As far as I can tell, both of these variables are completely random. I'm still waiting to get Batman the same week I have some vines over a year later. In fact, I think I've only seen Batman as the boss once in that time.
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

1000 reapers...remember...they have done this before...the silly excessive feat making has always been there...and they tied feats to real money gambleboxes now...im sure I could go on
  14. L T Devoted Player

I dunno... It moves along pretty well with a lot of players in the zone. In the future when the zone is less popular it could be an issue, but it wasn't too difficult to rack up 15 in an hour or so of game play yesterday. Seems like completing the feat in 10 days isn't too much to ask.

Plus I'll say this: in the original death of Superman story arc there's a justice league chapter where Doomsday basically wrecks the entire combined justice league. The Doomsday fight in the new event kind of feels like that.
    • Like x 2
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Speaking of the league, folks might want to keep an eye out. I ran across Guy Gardner twice and Power Girl once and revived them while running the missions yesterday. Haven't bothered to check if there's a feat with other characters, but it was a nice little nod to the original story, I thought.

As for the topic, I can understand the frustrations but I do have to take exception to the whole "forcing people to do this" talk. Unless it's a situation like someone holding a weapon to your head or someone threatening to do awful things to kittens, you aren't forced to do any of it. ;)

If you decide you want the feat associated with it, awesome, but own that decision.
    • Like x 1
  16. AberrantAngel Committed Player

These high count bounty feats are a mistake in the making. In about 6 months or so you are going to have new players that are starting the game then. For them to get these long accumulated feats is going to be nearly impossible.
    So then what happens to that player when they get kicked from instances because their SP is to low, or told to work on their SP.
    These high county bounty feats are something that should only be kept to being able to solo on teir. Otherwise cut the group bounty feats down to about 10.
    Creating feats that will cause a larger SP gap between current players and future players just harms the game in the long run.
    • Like x 2
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

Thats not true, i was killing dommsday 100x on first day and still i will do doomsday every single day after aslong i need the marks and so will others, u dont have to run it on first day 100x its your choice.

PPL exaggerate and making the bounty only to update if u have the mission open sucks big time, it takes variety away of how u want to attempt it and forces only one way of approach, this is communism and that really sucks.
  18. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Problem is players abuse content to the point were it becomes repetitive, it's just not easy pleasing both crowds with content, so maybe an alternative suggestion may be a bit more helpful than a 1 sided disagreement.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So for the next 2 years, we'd come in here and try to find at least 10-12 other people to bash away at Doomsday? You are a sadist. Also, as it will shortly turn into one of those things that will only be doable for 12-15 hours after weekly reset, it will make it pretty much unattainable for anyone who cannot set their schedule around DCUO reset times.

No sir....I don't like it. Bad to worse.
    Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Difference there is, if you wanted and had time to kill, you can go down to CC and just kill some reapers...maybe 100 at a sitting out of the 5000(you wish it was only 1000!). At no point until CR 1000 will you stroll down to the DOS area and figure 'Hey...I'm bored...maybe I'll just take out Doomsday by myself or with my 1 running buddy who is with me'.

Reinheld