Dollah dollah billz!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flair, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Controller Devoted Player

If you're high CR, then just blind queue the lower end content.

If you're 150+ then you can blind queue just about everything T5 and T6 and below raid-wise and then select the BASE ITEMS to sell ONLY.

You'd be surprised at what some of this stuff sells for on the broker. Every now and then you'll get a RARE item to sell.

Do this on a THURSDAY (Reset Day) and simply queue for Dox, Nex, ToTD, Necro, Artifacts, Lockdown, etc, etc, etc. Do FOS's as well - even though FOS2 is difficult without at least 1 other person.

ALSO - when / if you do this, PLEASE for the LOVE of ALL HOLY and PURE - "Behave" yourself in there with the Lower CRs. As they fall, "TRY" to revive them. "TRY" to be a good TEAMMATE. Don't blow ahead of them and leave them to the adds (even though doing this is funny at times)...

JUST KIDDING. I've never done this.

Don't want any more "High CRs ruining content" threads.
    • Like x 1
  2. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I would have added this if you didn't mention it already. Even if he gets scammed out of every 3rd card it's safer to get money than time crapsules :D
  3. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

By economy I meant that other games tend to have some sort of crafting system, various resources to farm, and an actual need to work with those items to progress.

On DC we have Replay Badges and Time Capsules instead. Exos/Mods and Soders were the two things that players used to farm/craft that others needed, but the mods became far less useful, the exos began dropping by the bucketload in Time Capsules, and the buffed Soder Extremes made all others unnecessary.
  4. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Recommending certain items or strategies is futile. Sharing specific tips publicly just means that other players will copy them and flood the market, devaluing that method of generating revenue and then you're back here in a few months time with the same question.

Use your intelligence, be observant and don't depend on a small selection of items.
    • Like x 1
  5. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

The Jackster actually knows since Star Trek Online (where he worked before) actually utilizes this. Some currencies can be traded, some can be purchased at the item store, and one is grinded ingame and reserved to only be traded to other players via a stock market interface in highest/lowest bid way in exchange for the item store currency.

Top of that, lots of the item store things can be offered to other players in trade window or in the "normal" broker for the "main" ingame cash the way the broker works in DCUO. The things from the store that cannot be traded are usually account bound unlocks for all characters. Everything from the store that is single item or single use is allowed to be traded. Works pretty decent currently and actually has real price changes in the stock market part depending on supply and demand (prices changed in ranges of 80% from the "absolutes" I actually experienced and traded at).

The complete system allows players upto 3 ways to get things from the ingame store, and players like it (use the "main" ingame currency and look for it on the broker, use the stock market and get yourself enough shop coins there in exchange for another grinded currency, or use your RL wallet and just buy what you want directly, no other players involved). This impacts broker prices and balances them out, since players can always go to the stock market part if the price asked for in "main" currency is too high.

Then again, the community over there is a little less hostile and chat trolls get reported plenty and tend to "disappear" fast ;) So not sure if that would work in DCUO (or if the community would actually understand that mechanic :D)
    • Like x 1
  6. Butterfly Boy Committed Player

You said it yourself, and frankly from my experience, other MMO's have communities that are far more mature.
    • Like x 1
  7. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Oh, that part. It's actually not ingame economy but as you said it yourself progress related. The point is: while other MMOs actually tend to make those alternative or secondary progress methods optional, too - like DCUO - the outcome in other games is seemingly motivating more players to actually participate in those alternate approaches (which then has a very positive influence on the ingame economy).

Point is: even before time crapsules - as much as I despise them, this has to be admitted - prices for exos were already going down steadily long before time crapsules and byte clusters as secondary rewards were added to the game. As you said, people just figured out that the tiny bonus from best mods wouldn't be worth the effort and went in with alpha mods instead (or none at all). The soder extreme crap was also done way before that. So I guess we pretty much agree on the devs being failing for a really long time by now, and time crapsules are just....

Well, we had that already in plenty other threads :D DCUO however never really had a R&D system "worth it" and the "new" additions were focused on being grindy on top (and not on being enjoyable). Considering the gigantic R&D system in Star Wars Galaxies was done by the same company, I wonder what went wrong ;) And the fun part about that: lot's of the R&D system in SWG wasn't even progress related :D
    • Like x 1