Does Enflame no longer bestow immolation?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lavitra, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Lavitra New Player

Does Enflame no longer bestow immolation? Has it ever? I could have sworn it did before. When I use it now post-update 23, I don't see the head-burning immolation effect.

As a tank most people have said that Inferno is not an ability a tank should use. I have whole-heartily agreed. But if Enflame doesn't do immolation any more and Inferno bestows immolation to allies, I'm really tempted. Is it still considered bad practice to use Inferno as a tank post update 23?
  2. Sionn Committed Player

Immolation bestows immolation. I've never known Enflame to bestow immolation, but I didn't start playing this until Dec 2011.
  3. FIYAH New Player

Enflame is basically an immolation + flashpoint in one. Yes it used to set you on fire, it doesn't anymore? Does it cause burning to enemies around you?
  4. Lavitra New Player

Burning and Immolation are different things. Enflame, as far as I know, also bestowed immolation. Enflame and Immolation (the ability) were very similar, but Enflame did a knock black. Before there was no indication whether Immolation was active or not - other abilities did extra damage with Immolation active. Now with update 23 Immolation is active when your head is on fire (has a very specific look). Enflame does not (currently) indicate via this indicator that immolation is active at all. So I would assume that it's not, and I could have sworn it was before. I have read many guides that have said Enflame also granted immolation. But it doesn't apear to any more... which is why I'm asking.

Inferno was supposed to grant immolation, but it was bugged and didn't. Now it does.
  5. Sionn Committed Player

Inferno always has granted immolation. I use it all the time with flashpoint, backdraft, then immolation (the power), and flashpoint again if I have the power.
  6. Lavitra New Player

They might have fixed it in previous releases. I know at one point it didn't, or at least it didn't always.
  7. Cicatrix New Player

I didn't do it before the update...only immolation and inferno did as I tested those out with flashpoint and granted the bonus of setting adds on fire. Enflame is a knockback and sets others on fires but does not activate immolation. It sounds like someone must have misinterpreted the powers and spread the information because this has been brought up more than once since the update.
  8. Kristyana New Player

You always got the same impulse resistanc but Enflame has always been a DOT centered on you and Immolation only damaged the first three things that attacked you.

I think the confusion over it granting Immolation is because both moves set things on fire if you cast Flashpoint afterwards, which is something that wasn't in the tooltip for Enflame for a very long time.