Does anyone else feel the summer seasonal should be extended?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by golddragon71, Jul 26, 2018.

1. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I mean, Summer goes (here in the U.S.A.) From Memorial day (last Monday in May) to Labor Day (first Monday in September) why not extend the summer event to go the whole duration?
    I'll admit, maybe it's just me feeling the season's going too fast, i feel like we've only just started and already everyone's getting back into back to school mode (I'm 46 school is a distant memory for me!)
    • Like x 1
  2. NightwingsBeyond Well-Known Player

could-en care less about it .. was it`s the same for the last 7 years, i stop doing it from 2015 nothing interesting any more..
    • Like x 2
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

no.
    • Like x 1
  4. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

It's not so much about the content, the event itself is only so interesting by itself. but for me, it feels as if summer passes by way too quickly as it is. personally, I'd rather enjoy the seasonal for the whole season.
    • Like x 2
  5. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Well on one hand it would be great for catching up, but on the other hand I'm sick of it already.
    Guess I'll go sit on that fence over there :confused:
    • Like x 2
  6. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

From my experience, having done the summer seasonal from launch, comparing it to 2016 summer event and other seasonal, the 2017-2018 feat additions are not attainable without the use of alts/replays for the additional marks. In fact, 2 summer events ago, I've finished all the feats and had extra days to earn extra for the following year, but 2017, if it werent the feats just being title feats, was not attainable in the given timeline.
  7. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

i hate the freaking summer event, the open world mission is annoying because the enemies controll you every 5 seconds, the ocean master mission is better but it is still missing something.
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

I love the summer event, but I don't enjoy running it anymore. I wish they could renew the seasonal's with new
    content, and more ways to get more marks. Change instances or add more, the same thing over and over I don't
    feel like running it. Didn't bother with feats this year. So I don't mind that it ended early.
    • Like x 2
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The Summer Seasonal needs to be longer or the pricing on items from the past summer seasonals need to be drastically reduced or maybe a combination because there are too many items for new players to have the possibility to catch up. How many years of crap is there for new players to attempt to catch up?

I had to bust out about ten alts trying to attempt to achieve all the base item feats for one of my characters.
    xD ( I'm to cheap for repays )

I cannot imagine what is going through a new players mind ( with one character ) while they are looking at this huge list of stuff and unattainable feats.
    • Like x 1
  10. Coffee Iced cream Level 30

I'm glad you like these event, and I like that they put forth the effort to have and to continue to expand the game. On occasion I have liked a few things that are added. The little extra's they hand out from time to time are very nice and appreciated.

Events are too long already. Many events are based on single day holidays yet they last for a few weeks. it's just too long.

If you like the events that's great, I'm good for a small handful of runs through them, then I'm off it for a couple days doing something else, like forcing myself to do the other content I don't care for like PvP, Legends, or hunting for a collection piece that has a less than 1% chance of being found.

It's like giving a boss 4million extra hit points - it just takes way too long; I get bored and start looking at email or take a short nap.
    Take that Titan machine 8man, its so long that it's boring.

Want to feel like you are a worthless Earth powered player, do the terra fight. She's a thousand times better, stronger, and faster than your character will ever be and is just an initiate for the titans. Your character is more like an athlete on steroids than a paragon of Super Powered Awesomeness.

Great content, the new characters look better, and a couple of them have eye's that don't look like dead dried out fish eyes.

It's an easy way to pass the time
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No, I got all the feats and have some marks saved up for next year.
    • Like x 2
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, same here. Plus, it's in Metropolis. I really don't travel outside the Watchtower, my base, or Gotham to much. Metropolis is just to bright and happy. I like the doom and gloom of Gotham.
    • Like x 2
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

instead of extending, maybe give more marks, then just 10 a day. With new characters, the old costumes cost 15 marks. The newer stuff is 25, then you have collection piece which cost 100 marks. I know it's my choice for running on multiple characters, but after a while you get burned out. There was so much cool stuff to get this year but everything cost way too much and we don't earn enough marks.
    • Like x 1
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the only events i'd extend are the st patrick and maybe christmas ones, possibly halloween. but i'd also accept incresed marks since other than the halloween one i usually just select a few neat items from the st patrick one (like the music blaring speakers and druid antlers) and the speaker from the christmas one. i feel it would better just to double the marks gained each year so that people can buy what they want to buy.
  15. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I just logged on for the first time today....and the event is over. Ok, fine... no big deal.....
    But It's really annoying for me to see the boats still there with nothing to do on them.
    I mean, It's like showing up at an amusement Park on the boardwalk in the middle of the winter.... sure it all looks neat But It's closed down! there's nothing to do!
  16. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

My least favorite seasonal....so...NOPE! I might be a little biased though. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. mynch457 Well-Known Player

I grinded the Summer Seasonal this year to catch up and finish all of the previous feats from years past. A part of me likes the Summer seasonal, and a part of me dreads it. It took me about two and half weeks (on 6 toons) to grind out all of the past feats, and this years feats...after that, I just stopped running it. I would like to see a change to the content just for something new and different, but I doubt it will happen. Thankfully I'm all caught of on all the seasonals from the past to the present, so all I have to worrry about is running the new stuff and beiung done with it until it comes again.

As far as the time line goes, I think it should not be extended. The summer event started on June 19th, and ended July 26th (yesterday). Thats over a month and plenty of time in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Was on till 6AM last night grinding out a few more base items pieces to sell later, and put on the premium toons to get a few feat points done. When I was kicked at reboot I actually said 'Thank Jeebus!...it's finally over'. No, this one went on long enough (though I could have used 5 more min to buy that last base Item I needed for a feat on an alt). This seasonal is very frustrating with the adds on the generator boats being way annoying as you try to grab the cogs, and the fact that the muntineer boarders are not shared unless you are grouped. Trying to run this one on weak alts is a headache and I sometimes just do the indoor from frustration. Even Larfleeze or Klarion are not this annoying.

I do sometimes wish there were a 'always on' seasonal vendor we could buy things from after the seasonal is over. Sometimes when you are trying to squeeze out a few more runs, you don't get to spend the cash on your alts....it's always good to have it for next year, but it would be nice to not have to get it in under the wire.

Reinheld
  19. mynch457 Well-Known Player

This is a great idea, about having a vendor with sesonal items that you could buy. I hope its something the devs at least think about.
  20. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

thank god its a solo game too...no other pesky players to worry about!!...WAIT!?!?!?