Does anyone actually save time?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Oct 17, 2021.

1. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

You're all naive for even trying to suggest that the devs should should force players to kill every add to gain access to a boss.
    Lmao who wants to spend 25-30 mins in ISR, knowing there's a feat for completing 250 STU raids?
    You're all shining examples of why the game is at its current state.
    I bet yall won't even skip adds if there was a speed feat involved. Lmao can't make this up
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

If that is the case, them why even bother having adds in the first place? Just design the instance where we all confront the Boss immediately then like in the situation with an open world boss. Battling adds can be tedious but it for our enjoyment, especially for once you have out geared / leveled those adds. I’m give me something to look forward too, I’m already stat clamped in not end game instances. At least let me pummel some adds on the way to the Boss.
    • Like x 4
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I had that happen in the Flashback duo yesterday. A player started fighting Pied Piper before taking down the brainwashed police officers, and he got KO'd for his efforts when all the police zeroed in on him with Pied Piper.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

In a good group, who know how to trigger the next door fastest and no one gets trapped outside in the slaughter, yes, it can save time.

Is it worth it in most queue up groups? No, not in my opinion. The only adds who end up really being 'skipped' are the few slow walking ones that never catch up, otherwise you are just pooling them all in 1 room vs doing them along the way. I don't mind skipping as I know it's widely accepted, but if we burn along the way, I'm not complaining either. I'll complain if we end up wiping because the tank or healer gets locked out of the room, which DOES happen from time to time when skipping.

I think the fastest 'skip' time I've seen in a good group is like 19-20 minutes....so it's not saving a LOT of time either way. For spamming, I can see the benefit as it would add up over multiple runs...for single runs, meh.
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

If you were a developer, would you waste time on resources that players wouldn't touch? If players are concerned about time, why make anything outside of linear bare bones design that gets you from Point A to Point B in a straight line?
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Yes. It depends purely on which instances. Instances which lock until all adds in an area are killed obviously can't be skipped.

Instances where doors open if you only kill two adds standing by the door entirely save you time if you skip the other adds: Sons of Trigon, for instance, or Joker's Funhouse, for example.

It's 100% about which instance you are in.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Because not everyone would skip if things were skippable...experienced groups would, you know...like people who've run the content 1000 times already and are bored killing the same useless cannon fodder they've killed every...stinking...time. People who are first experiencing the run can burn everything and probably would enjoy it. I mean if they just want forced times, why not have a door in front of us that takes 30mil damage to break down? We can just sit in one spot and bash away at it for 20 min, then enter the boss fight. Or heck, something that stays locked on a timer, and we can just stare at it for 20 min? Sounds awesome.

It's kind of like asking if the devs created Iceberg lounge and though we'd have a great time doing the tasks in the bar area then watching 2 excessively long cutscenes at the front and back of the run. I'd guess no one asked the question when it was created as the answer from any sane person would have been...no...no one will enjoy that after a few times. Making things skipable or some other shortcut allows for the grinders to grind more effectively. Were you concerned that they spent all that time making the side tunnels in Paradox when at a point everyone started just going to the center? I meant some design person created the bridge in FOS2 to carry the rock across, but most jump off the side and take the quicker route....shame shame. Do you feel sorry for poor Killer Frost over in the corner of FVR/E and everyone blows past her on the way to 2nd boss now, or should we fight her...for reasons?
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, but the trick to skipping adds is don't have anyone slow down, otherwise they catch up quickly. So the whole group needs to skip or it's a waste of time.
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Skipping on pre made spam groups is one thing. But when you have the healer ditching the group and refusing to come back and heal the lower levels in a pug raid, it gets to be pretty ridiculous.

I like burning hallways, I always looked at trash mobs as if their sole purpose is to build supercharge before the boss fights. Eye of Gemini kind of took that over, but hallway trash still has its uses imo
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I'm fine with skipping adds if the group wants, I also just get on and kill them if ever in a group that doesn't want to skip them, just is what it is, doesn't bother me.

Only thing I wanted to add though is that you're hung up on efficiency because you feel a need to complete 250 STU raids, now as if it's never coming back, you do realise that STU is going to be an ongoing event and that those feats are designed with the intent to take longer than one singular iteration of STU.

You're actually creating your own rat race and insisting others play within that race you've created simply because you must have a feat done, arguably sooner than was designed.

If you need to have that feat done immediately all power to you, but expecting every group, especially if its a PUG group to comply with your desire for absolute efficiency is probably unrealistic.

If we really sit back and think about it from a dev intent perspective dragging a fishing trawler of adds behind you is probably not what they ever intend, again though I have no issue really either way, personally.
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Let him, if he wants to run 250 of them. Hes doing the queue a favor.
    • Like x 1
  12. myandria Item Storage

Well, for me that is true, which is why I do not chase speed feats. They are useless and a waste of time to me; "Oh my God, Becky, I beat that content in 5 minutes!? (in her best valley girl voice)." That's nice, now what? Many players look to finish content quickly in the first place and then whine about how bored they are and/or how easy that content is. Speed Runs/Speed Feats gives much support to the mindset of "finish it fast, finish it quick."

Defeating trash mobs is a source of item farming, especially Nth Metal. The more trash mobs, the better the harvest.

I am not saying that the devs should force players to kill all adds, but I don't support unnecessary "speed runs/speed feats", either. I think the devs should incorporate raid content with "a sense of urgency" every couple of episodes, like the Atlantis solo mission. Those are a lot more interesting than queuing into a raid/mission just to run it faster than I did before.
  13. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

And you are your league/groups of friend's attitude is why this game is filled with such toxic people
    • Like x 5
  14. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

To answer your question simply yes it does actually save time. But only a significant amount if everyone is on the same page with decent burn. I've seen 19 min Inner Sactum elite runs, and that would only be possible if you skipped all of the unnecessary adds with good burn. I've seen normal runs where adds are skipped and its a 18 or so min run whereas fighting all the adds its closer to 25 mins or so. But it boils down to everyone has to be on the same page and good enough burn to beat the adds catching up to you.
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

One reason the game is in its current state is due to rampant cheating, glitching and duping that ruined the economy and had a trickle down effect on everything else in game.
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is simply not true. Nth drops at a timed interval whether you are beating 100 trash mobs or 1 braniac outside East End PD when the timer hits. To say being stuck in a 30 min raid vs a 30 min min solos for Nth is just incorrect. For feats, maybe...for 'fun' maybe...for drops, maybe for Nth? Nope. The only thing you have to be doing is 'something' vs standing around in the WT/HOD/HOL, base deco or playing dress up, and you will get Nth as the timer reaches it's payoff point. Now you might catch an extra Halloween collection from a trash mob, yes...but who really needs those?
    • Like x 2
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i hate it when my cut scenes get messed up.
  18. myandria Item Storage

Waaiiit... I've never had Nth metal drop in my character's lap while base decorating; I must be doing something wrong. I've gotten Nth metal doing feat runs with groups for Metal 1/Metal 2 raids, for example. If what you are saying is true, then that makes all the more reason for me to not rush through raids, destroy all enemies and even carry a Nth detector or two. Or, I could be wrong again; "shrugs".
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Like I said, "as long as you are doing something VS base deco, dress up..." Chit chat, broker or inventory work, deco, dress up, etc...all do not trigger the Nth Drops. Killing adds/bosses, getting collections, exos...maybe even briefs/investigations...though I have not tested that one...do.

My point was that hanging around inner for an extra 10 min mopping up adds, or walking out the door and running that metal 1 feat run will still drop the same Nth. There is no advantage to strictly mopping up the adds as far as Nth goes, as long as you leave inner and go to some other 'active' thing. Now if you leave inner and stand around the WT trying to build that metal 1 group, yeah...you are losing drops.

An Nth detector will always increase your yield, true, but the same rule applies...if you are not doing one of those 'active' things, no Nth...if you doing way MORE activity, like say mowing down 5000 reapers for 4 hours straight you don't get any more than if you are just hitting a few adds, as long as you hit them when the timer goes off. I honestly avoid using Nth detectors most times, but if I do use one I don't like using them in raids where there are a lot of, or long cutscenes or solo boss fights (i.e. doomsday), as you might either be in a cut, or mid a long boss fight when the timer goes, and you won't collect till you actually knock something out.
    • Like x 1
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You didn't understand what you read, which was:
    So, yes, VERSUS "standing around in the WT/HOD/HOL, base deco," etc., WILL NOT GET YOU NTH METAL.

Not the reverse.
    • Like x 2