Does a 115 DPS do more damage than a 114 DPS?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MentosTroll, May 7, 2015.

1. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I know that a 115 stats are obviously higher, but with this "damage scaling of do more damage the closer/higher your CR vs the NPC", does the 115 DPS get ANOTHER scalar bonus on top of their better stats?
    How exactly does this new scaling system work?
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its a small percentage, but yes.
    • Like x 2
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

After that damage scaling will be more difficult to see a 112 or 113 beat a 115 and so on.
    • Like x 1
  4. MentosTroll Loyal Player

hmm it doesn't feel like a small percentage, I just noticed that in most runs the 112 DPSes tend to be doing around the same damage, and the 113 DPSes tend to be doing the same damage, etc.
    Like being a higher CR seems to give them a further boost in damage.
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

that is totaly reliant on the DPS as all players arent created equal but two players of equal skill the 115 should have a slight advantage
  6. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I feel like if many people knew about this, then this can create another "discrimination" problem. I know that the 115 DPSes are preferred already because they have better stats, but now people will want the higher CR even more because the 115 CR has a way higher potential damage just because they're 115.
  7. Juxes Committed Player

Wow, really? So, let me get this straight, does that mean sp are completely irrelevant and now its all about CR ? The days of a skilled 113 or 114 cr player out performing a 115 or 116 player who glitched throne to get that CR are over? Just cause they happened to be fortunate enough to get lucky drops?

I don't think I like this. Please clarify if this is not the matter.
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

im sorry but I'm failing to see the difference from how its been in game for a long time now. people have always discriminated against CR and you have always had a slight advantage over someone using the same power but one player having slightly better stats.
  9. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I know, but now you have better stats AND a magic damage boost on top of it. I could technically be 113 and pop a might soda so my might would be almost on par with a 115, but that won't matter. The 115 still would get the damage boost just because of CR.
    Same deal goes with a high SP 113 vs a low SP 115. Their stats may actually be the same, but the higher CR will always get the magic damage boost.
  10. Xibo Loyal Player

Let me share my experience: I ran today HOH with my toon Quantum 113 cr 150 sp, in the group had a 115 quantum and 2 toons 112, 1 sorcery and 1 quantum too. Before reachnthe first boss, the 115 toon was beaten me by over 1.5kk. I was using the SAME rotation that he uses and while the anothers I was beating them by 2kk. I think that each point of your CR you take additional damage. My Earth toon cr 40 on Arkham Asylum with NPC CR 80 was a shame while the another toon 112 CR practically CLEANED the instance.
  11. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Depends on the player and their power.
  12. NightBandit New Player

The potential is there, yes. Whether or not the differing players will be able to pull it off, is another thing.

Case in point- running LW yesterday on my 106 munitions alt, I was ahead of a 113 munitions, 114 nature, and 115...something...

So, is the potential there? Yes, definitely. Will it always happen that way? Definitely not.
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

has that been verified by a green name or is it simply speculation based of of the information given and people making their own assumptions.. because from what ive read I didnt reach that same conclusion. I know I have read post like that on the threads but it has always been by a player and never a Dev.. would be interesting to see some true verification. I personally doubt its that way but i could be wrong I think people on here tend to over inflate some of the going ons in game off of misunderstanding the changes in there depths

Edit: I did have another thought after posting
    if it is true and damage scales more off of Cr than stats if true could be the way the devs are creating ballance instead of the never ending cycle of tweaking powers over and over again as it would bring all powers in line or as close to it as possible
  14. MentosTroll Loyal Player

They have confirmed that "you take more damage and do less damage" if you're lower CR than the NPC and the opposite happens if you are higher CR than the NPC.
    I just didn't realize how much this scaling is. Not only do you do less damage, you are also squishier just because of your CR. I feel like these kind of mechanics have no place in "current end tier content".
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

according to this new dmg calculation system shouldnt a support 115 do more dmg than a cr 110 dd if npc is > 115 ?
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I read that also and have verified my self that it truly does work that way to a extent, but it in now way makes the claim that stats aren't relevant only that a certain amount of mitigation is applied to you and the adds dependent on CR either up or down it doesn't claim that the crit chances or magnitudes you get from weapon trees don't matter nor that gear differences and stats don't matter only that they are applied within what ever formula that regulates the Cr changes that were made to the game..

so my thoughts are more of its a base scaling based off of CR both ways and that our gear and Skill points still matter as those numbers are just filtered into that formula so damage you inflict and damage you take would still be effected by both making the time and effort in aquireing them still important and not just CR is ALL. if you get my meaning with that statement.