Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - November 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Definitely reconsidering my legendary sub. Already over the Black Adam content and the loot pool for legendary has hardly been rewarding since its inception. I have run out of reasons to grind just for grind sake and the few things I'd like to pay for seemingly will never be in/return to this game. Upside is I can get excited about where my monthly sub cash will be better spent. Thanks for the memories. From downhill to straight over the cliff's edge.
    • Like x 2
  2. Skoll Well-Known Player

All of the DCUO kiteman fans are very happy! All 2 of them!

Close down the requested style thread. What is the point of it anymore? It’s very very clear they are not listening to the community when it comes to styles, even a little bit.

And a side note, could we just have an option to get an extra destiny token instead of these 21-day styles? Or to trade these styles for destiny tokens at the Doctor Fate vendor?
    • Like x 7
  3. Babù Active Player

The problem is the styles are bounded to the account and it's impossible to trade or sell them to Doc Fate Vendor

We have to keep hope, might be everything is not lost :confused:
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Uncle Sam guise! But please enable some movement mode. All he can do now is slowly jog everywhere.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Karen Beecher New Player

Unbelievable.

Was REALLY hoping that Champions Slimline would be part of this month's haul.

Well, guess we'll all have to wait for Shazam Fury of the Gods to be released in March 2023 to get it, right ? Right ?!?
    • Like x 4
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I will be playing but I'm not sure if I bother opening the claim window for this..
    • Like x 2
  7. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I left the game for a while and saw I missed cool stuff the Peace Keeper helm, the monitor slimline set, the Blue Beetle set, etc....
    I come back expecting more great stuff and nothing. Maybe I should leave again so you all can benefit from my absence.
  8. Corsair X Well-Known Player

What happened earlier this year? I apologize I'm so busy with work I barely can keep up. I actually like your suggestions. i hope they will give us more Superhero spandex flexsuits in the future. You don't need to do any work there are so many in the game already.
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

At this point.... that will probably be some new rewards we will get with the Sins of Black Adam DLC at some point.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

• Like x 2
  11. TheLantern Hal Level 30

I couldn't agree with this anymore. There are plenty of og items that were released over the years, where if some players missed them they totally missed out. I'm not referring just to the daily rewards. I myself know I would play way more if there was incentive for some of the original rewards. There were multiple different style superman emblems available. There were different batman emblems etc. Materials like cosmic, if there were a way. To earn it o guarantee players would be on the grind to these itemes for their toons. I understand the idea that they were items rewarded in the past to get members to play. Well why not bring them back. I have ran Into plenty of newcomers who ask where a material, emblem, gear piece,etc etc came from. Then the disappointment when they learn there is no way they can earn it for their toons as it was a past permotional item. If there were any way to bring some of these things back to life, I could see the incentive to play going up quite a bit. Hopefully the devs read these suggestions and implement some of them, but it doesn't seem to be happening lately. I used to make sure I was on daily grinding. Tbh the past couple episodes, I have slacked off as there was nothing really worth putting the effort in for.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I know I was very disappointed when I found out I could not have my favorite superhero as a legends character. I know there were versions added later, but I wanted the one showcased in the game I loved.

But as a means to the player base, it would be amazing to have some of the retired or event things available again. There is a wide list of items that were specific to one thing and never returned. Like the combat pets. (Servo, TOM Bot, Partially Assimilated Servo Unit, Bat Drone, Joker's Blimp, etc.) There are also a lot of items that were year one that never returned or were from some promotional event. All these items are not available to platforms like the Xbox and Switch. Same for new players that were not here 12 years ago. Which is why I was happy to see the Batman head style on the Batman Anniversary month.
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

And don't forget the SOE stuff from attending the conventions. Yeah, they can't say SOE on them but the design could be changed so they now say the current company name. (Whatever that is this week. :D)
  14. MrGhosty Active Player

As a free player I just wish they'd own up to the fact they're putting the enhanced styles behind the paywall and giving us a normal style as the free track. I don't expect to be given anything, so what we get is nice even if I don't need it but it's kind of annoying how they can't be bothered to write out a couple extra sentences and maybe one more screenshot. It feels like bait and switch which never feels good as a player. (Just to be clear, i'm not saying they are doing that. Just the poor communication feels like that). That said it's still a nice bit of free stuff so I'll take what I can get.
    • Like x 1
  15. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I get why you'd be worried about the reaction you'd get (you are sharing an opinion on a forum for an MMO based on DC Comics, after all), but like.... even as someone who likes this month's rewards, especially since it indicates to me that the show may be releasing soon, I def agree it's ok if the Day 21 item is sometimes an existing thing a lot of people may not know about or have like the trinkets or old "discontinued" styles. I mean, we had the Batman-Inspired Mask and Two-Face Inspired Eye items before. Some of this older stuff would be quite fun to see get new life breathed into it.
    • Like x 1
  16. JasonIsley Devoted Player

those enhanced styles are recycled from past episodes you can get them as drops or get them from the broker. imagine lol recycled styles from years ago behind a paywall!
    • Like x 1
  17. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Wow this is the worst month for me when it come to daily rewards. a gear style that I have completed on multiple characters and another doll that I will never use. I would rather get a choice of another fate token over that
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

It could be one of the styles they add halfway through this DLC when we get another open world bounty.
    • Like x 1
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You can get the Quicksuit style from the Earth 3 vendor and the Enhanced version as random drops from the Earth 3 DLC.

So..... not really behind a pay wall. ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. MrGhosty Active Player

Aye, "random" drops while logging in with membership guarantees you a full set. Which in the rest of my post I say doesn't really matter because I'm a non membership player. My issue is with the poor communication on the matter not the content itself. Putting a full set of enhanced style in the membership only track makes sense, it's a more desirable thing and I don't have any issue with them leveraging that content to try and convert non subs into subs and provide greater value for those already subbing. The issue is just us getting a vague "sometimes the free and paid daily rewards will be different" but I appreciate your helpful tips ;)
    • Like x 1