Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - March 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

lol, what if we made it a lower case "L" or an upper case "I" :D
    • Like x 2
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I lol’d at that one for real. I’m still serious tho, we could get an eleven year anniversary cape. Probably should have been a yearly thing anyway. Then I could have made the exact same toon each year and they’d all have numerically correct capes on.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Or just give us a blank anniversary cape that looks the same, with an emblem spot on the back ;) :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

Fair, just going by what Mepps said :)
  5. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Lets get that SoE Elvis lookin jumpsuit for next months members reward... the follow it up with the two-face eye piece. After all its just a digital item.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It was not account wide, no. You could only claim it on characters that already existed when the hack took place. Any characters created after that could not get the mask.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I am not disappointed that other people get the style.

I am very disappointed that I get nothing.

You have the BvS Emblems. Now imagine if the BvS emblems become the end of the month login reward. Everybody else gets something cool that they want... and you get an untradable style piece that says "Already Collected" and vendors for 351 credits.

Now imagine that the game already collected your subscription cost on Feb 27 or 28, so you've already paid for March, and then the day after they take your money, they say "Hey. You don't get a new style this month, but everybody else does. Yes, we know you paid the same money as everyone else. Yes, we know we promised a special, unique style at the end of the month. But we're only giving that to everyone else. You get nothing because we don't care about you."

Does it make more sense now?

It's nothing to do with what other people get, and everything to do with the fact that a part of our paid subscription is being withheld. If the end-of-the-month special style is going to be recycled, we either deserve to know that before we sub, or we need to be given something else as an alternative.

I'm not even asking for something exclusive. Even something simply would make me happy. Like "Hey, anyone that already has that Batman Cowl, we're sorry. In it's place, submit a ticket and pick a style in the game and we'll shoot you some RNG peice that you want, or some old Time Capsule item, or a Survival Mode style, some literally anything at all. Heck, I'd even settle for it instead being Station Cash, or Quarks, or Data Chips, or even just an extra one of the Fate Markers so we can unlock an actual new style on another character in the future, instead of getting a duplicate of an old style that we already were given for every character on the account.
    • Like x 5
  8. Ronamus Well-Known Player

That's cool and all....but I just want the feat. I don't care for the style. Take the feat out than if we can't get it than, I'm trying to get all the feats I can and here's one I can't get for some copy reasons or whatever haha
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

IIRC it was one of the hack rewards in 2011.
  10. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

And yet I still don't see a problem with letting current players have a second chance at getting what they want. All because the people who have them will no longer feel special? If more people want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars opening booster bundles to try and get those items just like we did all those years ago then so be it. They can easily earn it just like we did. No harm, no foul.
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

It really wouldn't bother me at all just like when some of the bonus weeks are stuff i don't need, its not a big deal to me because i know someone else might need it and down the road i'll get something i need/want. Most of the monthly styles have been stuff i don't care for or use but unlike you i don't get upset over it. You on the other hand are getting upset because of 1 style item and you somehow think you are losing something, no one is taking anything away from you they are just offering a style that you happen have but most people don't just like when they do a bonus week for currency you don't need, not everything is about you and its not fair to cater to just you.
  12. Trykz Dedicated Player

I have no issues with a year 11 cape lol.
    And for reference. In my sig, those are all year one capes.
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

Get out. o_O
    You’re making my eye twitch.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The harm comes to those who spent dozens or hundreds of hours or hundreds or thousands of dollars to get an item they were promised would remain exclusive. Harm also comes to DCUO/Daybreak because it would mean that their word is no good and no future promises can ever be relied on ever again. That's the usual harm that comes from saying something and going back on it.

I still don't see a problem with there being some feats current players can no longer get. (Two can play that.)

Want an exclusive item? Put in the effort for the next one that comes along. (Although I'm doubtful DCUO will ever label any future items as "exclusive" due to inane arguments made by people who only care about their own compulsive greed.)
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

The Batman Inspired Mask wasn't ever 'exclusive' it was a gift given as compensation for the down time, a gift that for 11 years remained only used on that one occurrence. In the same way Sony gave us all games, it didn't mean those games were exclusive, just that we didn't have to pay for them.

Daybreak could have rightfully so sold this mask on the marketplace at any time they chose and that path is supported within their terms of service.

In terms of the OG Aura's the only ones that were ever sold using the term "exlcusive" were the Plasmic and Nimbus. When the Black Smoke came out the devs stopped using that language.

It's important for you to realise also, the only aspect of exclusivity the devs were referring to is that those two auras could only return within a booster bundle and since that language only applied to the first two auras, any other auras following that are free game.

You're right that the devs have to consider what they say in terms of promising things and the like, but what you also have to accept is that there's quite explicit terms and conditions that allow the developers to simply 'change their mind' you can call that broken promise if you like, but when you agreed at the very beginning that a 'change of mind' on virtually everything was a possibility, you were forewarned and your justification to be upset is lessened.
    • Like x 3
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I mean, aren't most of the perks related to membership less valuable to people who have been in the game and already have artifacts leveled, etc.? It's just kind of a package deal. It's not the same game, but something similar happened in Apex Legends where every player who logged in was able to claim certain legends that I bought for absolutely free. Of course, I bought them a few years ago, so the value was worth it for a few years at least.

Even though I disagree with your conclusions, you have a really nice way of writing your posts respectfully, so I'm giving you a like anyway.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

I have minimal use for anything in the membership anymore one could argue I'm probably only paying for access to character slots.

However I see it as rather cost neutral, given what I get, like nth metal, stabilizers, ally favor that I may use in the future, so it's no longer a membership to me but rather an economic monthly micro-transaction lol
    • Like x 2
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

aren't they all functionally the same?
  19. Proxystar #Perception

They should put Pre-order Batman on the Legends vendor for 500 marks, increase the cap on Marks of Legend to 500 and then make an exclusive Legends vendor with exclusive base items and a few styles as well, will get people playing LPVE and LPVP again :)

Chuck in a few feats for good measure.
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

It's not the function, but the lore. They introduced both Superman and Wonder Woman. The two same mentors that are in the game, but the Grey style Batman was not. It always irked me. I was happy to have the other styles in the game, but I am a Batman fan and was allured by the one in the game.

I don't even mind styles I can't get again, but the preorder Batman should not have been preorder. They would have made more money, like with Superman.
    • Like x 3