Do you prefer short quick raids? Or long and dynamic raids?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Well answer the question.

It seems raiding is not how it used to be and so the quick raids are becoming more popular.

What do you prefer?
    • Like x 1
  2. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'd rather a hearty, challenging, difficult raid than something which has clearly been designed to be farmed.

In DCUO, we should be gearing up our characters to overcome a new, great challenge. We shouldn't be overcoming a challenge to gear up our characters for nothing.
    • Like x 12
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I like quick raids. Dcuo only had one long raid in Fos2.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zlohsac Committed Player

Short and easy.

I strongly dislike PvE as it is so my patience for wipes and difficulty is near non existent.
  5. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Short quick raid , don't wanna spend hours on one raid that bearly gives a good reward .
    • Like x 2
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

I'd like to have both. But only if both are "relevant" at the same time, and both are viable for progression.

The problem right now is that Raids are the only content they are giving us that adds to progression AND only one is active at a time.

So, as the game is right now? NO raids at all is my answer.
  7. Pults Loyal Player

With current loot system - short and quick but with some degree of challenge.
  8. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

Gotta love the vault.
    • Like x 2
  9. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

I prefer epic, long-raids with trash mobs all over the place. Dunno why.
    • Like x 5
  10. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Long raids, but i mean FoS2 long, not Nekro long, the type of raid that required skill and teamwork to beat, not randomly waiting for the next chace to continue attacking, back in the day you knew who the good players were and you had to carefully assemble a team to beat things, nowadays you only have to throw 8 ppl in and hope enough people stay alive until mechanics are figured out.

It may sound elitist, but when you enter BP with a group of CR152 and they all manage to die, you know things just could be better :/
    • Like x 4
  11. Avian Dedicated Player

Generally speaking longer ones. A good example of a long raid is FoS 2, the map itself was big and there were obstacles that did make it longer however they weren't based on just waiting for something to happen (except Superman/Lex opening doors). There needs to be more variation than just beating things up on the way to the boss and hitting a switch here and one there. There needs to be more puzzles involved like how we had in Labyrinth of lost souls or Halls of Hades.

Honestely AF2 as a whole had a very good combination of raids that were both fun and interesting because the solution to everything wasn't just to mindlessly burn everything down. Throne of the Dead stood out as an arena type raid (compared to the other two) that also had interesting mechanics and good difficulty. It kinda tied up the "trilogy" of that episode very well.
    • Like x 9
  12. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

This too, that "superhero" feeling, where you could dispose of tons of trash mobs and only find resistance from those adds and bosses who were supposed to be your equals, instead of fearing for your life everytime ninja#347 goes for you :D
    • Like x 2
  13. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

having the occasionally stubborn or difficult trash mob turn up in the middle of packs does make for an interesting diversion, yeah.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheArmorsmith Dedicated Player

I like raids (MMO raids in general) that forces you to go at the raid pace and not your own, DCUO you can force your way through raids.
  15. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Both as long as they are both hard and fun to enjoy :D
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

The moment you first meet an assassin in Fos2. Priceless
    • Like x 4
  17. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

No preference I like em both. FoS 2 and fos 3 were both well designed on opposite spectrums. I like long raids on big maps but I also like single room multi boss scenarios.
  18. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I prefer medium dynamic raids. Let's go in between because it's often too short, or too long.
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Long dynamic raids but I want extended reward for it. Like FOS 2, you get 6 loot drops.
    • Like x 6
  20. kawe Loyal Player

Since everything is a replay feast and the times when raids have been a weekly event are over.... I prefer quick and painless, or none at all. lol

Why don't the devs never ask these type of questions themselves. -.-
    • Like x 1