Do you miss the broker??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by S7evin, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Brit Loyal Player

Bingo. I have so many duplicate Seasonal collections that I just want to dump off to other people who might need them. And there are 2 Seasonal collections that I haven't got yet that I might have otherwise bought to round out the new set.

I don't typically use the broker for a lot of shopping, and I certainly don't "play the broker" spending my playtime dinking around with buying and selling instead of actually running content. But I do use the broker quite a bit to throw away stuff that I don't need that other people might want.

Although, if it gets returned to me from the broker without selling, to the trash it goes.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Yes. I hope it comes back soon. I miss being able to sell all these extra base items, catalysts, collections, and exobytes taking up bank and inventory space for things that I need/want. ^_^
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I haven't even bothered jumping in game without it. for me this has been a wasted month of membership, DBs actions will determine if I bother getting it again or if I am just gonna buy the dlcs I actually like.
  4. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

Yes and no. Yes because of a lot of the same reasons everyone else gave. But no because at least my temptation of opening Time Capsules went down significantly and just in time for the holidays too.
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I'm conserving soders and needing one catalyst for my lvl 23 augment breakthrough. Yes I miss it! That bing said, if they are able to stop glitchers, deflate the currency and bring the inflation rate back to normal, it is more than worth it.
  6. Dwild Well-Known Player

I miss the broker because I have 3 of my inactive alts activated just so I can stuff loot I've picked up and can't use on my ACTIVE toons. Need to have broker to sell it so I can purchase catalysts to level up my artifacts and whatever because catalysts don't fall enough on 3 toons to level up the artifacts, etc (unless you buy replay tokens with real money and run the raids at 87 tokens a crack over and over...cause the pink and purple and blue catalysts don't fall in duos and alerts!) So Yes...I do miss the broker...and dont want to create a new toon just to have more bank slots.
  7. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I miss it to because of artifacts, collections and drops that I need. I also don't do raids or alerts because I am not with a league. Pugging them is a hassle. I am mostly a solo player so the broker helps me fill the gaps.
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Do I miss the window shopping? No not at all, in fact I don't think about it. Every once in a while may finding something reasonable but seeing everything with more zero then it's worth, not hard to miss.
    • Like x 3
  9. Aren Sul Committed Player

No, not really. The only thing bothering me right now is the inability to trade - and I don't even need the full trade part of it. For instance, I had an extra collection piece another member of my league wanted. So I wanted to give it to him. I couldn't mail it to him, nor trade it with him (it can be traded). It's also a small problem mailing to my alts, so I cram them into my alt-bank slots.

Side note: Like the OP I expected a lot of strong "miss it" responses. Interesting.
  10. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

I been handling the drops like this. I pick plans over equipment or base items. Generally they sell to the vendor for around 20K or so. Next, If I don't need the equipment then I open it and then sell it to the vendor for between 3k to 5k depending on the level. Base Items I just delete if they don't sell. They are throwaways just like vault drops.

I have managed to keep the banks on my main and two alts fairly clear with just what I want or need to keep. I can share tradeable items with alts through the shared bank. So seasonal drops I can share with my alts.
    • Like x 1
  11. inferno Loyal Player

No. I don't miss it. I hit it everytime I pass by it in my base, in the watchtower and Hall of doom. I particularly like to kick the broker bot in the butt.
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i do. when there aren't exploits and glitches and people actively trying to break and cheat the game its a great resource to buy and sell things you need and don't. as someone who enjoys working on his lairs there are a few things i need i can get right away wthout having to rely on rng.

not having the broker available at the start of a new dlc is weird but i will say its also given things a (for lack of a etter word) fresher feel.
    • Like x 1
  13. Aspirit Active Player

No because money never impeded me from the beginning to play the game.
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

The broker is pretty much what occupies my time between content, so yah I miss it. I log on, do my dailies and log right off.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes.

My inventory is full of collections that I cannot sell.

And also I got only ONE collection I needed for the 2019 Christmas Seasonal. So sadly the Broker is required to use to complete the Christmas Seasonal collection.

Also.... I am one of those guys for whom using the Broker has become second nature. I play the Broker pretty much every day... 100 times a day. I go to the broker any chances I get.
    I go to my Lair... I check out the Broker.
    I go to repair... I check out the Broker.
    I go get my mail.... I check out the Broker.
    Etc....
    So not having the Broker is feeling.... strange right now. :oops:

;)
  16. Awsome Well-Known Player

You lost that broker feelin'
    Whoa, that broker feelin'
    You lost that broker feelin'
    Now it's gone, gone, gone, woh
    [IMG]
    Yeah, i know, super cheesy, but that's how I read it so...
    • Like x 3
  17. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I am as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. Grow some manners
  18. OG ELITE Committed Player

I need this broker to be up, catalyst and collections are killing me right now.
    • Like x 1
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

I "miss" it in the sense that a bunch of stuff I could've otherwise sold is now clogging up the inventory across all active toons. I'll however be just fine if Broker were to stay down for another week or so if it actually means that they get time for a proper fix.
  20. Inspo Active Player

I miss the broker I just like being able to see chat without 20 million bots blowing it up at all hours. It makes me actually want to read chat and communicate with others. At this point I’d rather not be able to mail or trade cash permanently and have to use broker. Put in a shared bank option for in game currency and I’m good.