Do you like the trend of high HP bosses / mobs in T6?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FEARtheSPUR, Aug 6, 2014.

1. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Seems the biggest change in t6 is the very high health pools of everything in 4 person and up content.

What are your feelings on this trend?

Personally I see it as just cheap way to extend content. It can make the content extremely tedious.
    • Like x 32
  2. Agnetta Dedicated Player

i dont really mind. with WM, we do more damage than we used to anyway. maybe it's cuz i've finally learned to enjoy dps'ing with WM, so i dont mind doing it for a while. also in fights with challenging mechanics, it makes you deal with those mechanics for longer.

edit: then again, i almost always run with 2 dps for alerts.
    • Like x 2
  3. Solmes202 Loyal Player

I don't mind it so much on bosses or sub bosses but some adds like the Exlemplar take too much damage in proportion to the damage they deal.
    • Like x 3
  4. Ebon Angel New Player

I agree.
    • Like x 3
  5. Skyfairy New Player

I'm fine with the level of enemies health in TD and Crime Wave, they are manageable without it becoming (too) tedious. The health of the bosses in the League Hall alert were a little high I felt. I've not tried the raids yet so can't comment on those.
    • Like x 3
  6. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Hate it. The run-time for scenarios should always look to meet a particular timetable. No boss battle should last longer than 10 minutes; 15 at best, especially if nobody on the team has been KO'd once. T5 alerts averaged 650k-700k damage with a skilled, geared dps running with 1 of each support role. The average for the same composition in a T6 alert is adding a zero to that average, with the lone dps clearing a T6 alert at an average 6,000,000+ damage. Look at the actual npc kill count and you get an idea for the oddball scale at which enemies are being granted health, definitely outpacing any gains by weapon mastery.

So... why was weapon mastery added at all? To make steamrolling previous content easier ?? \o/ ??
    • Like x 11
  7. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

I agree with everything you posted. But i want to single out this statement.

With everyone using WM it seem they tried to balance this damage by scaling back precision gains from gear. So the gains are decreasing with every set of gear. While the health just keeps going up and up.
    • Like x 2
  8. Ebon Angel New Player

Our DPS each damaged in the tens of MILLIONS and the fight still took way too long. I can see that I will become bored with this just like AF1.
    By the way, we only wiped once on last boss but this extreme health just adds time, not interest.
    • Like x 7
  9. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I could see how it makes boss fights boring, repetitive, or drawn out. Even more so if the boss have no "special" mechanics and it's just mindless tank n' spank fights for extended periods of time.
    • Like x 3
  10. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Yeah, it's the pvp gear scenario moving in on pve gear's territory.

Now, looking back at Themy', it is a bore fest. The fights didn't have any special mechanics to them (save for the phoenix eggs, if that even counts), aside from survive and burn for 10 years until done. With these new fights they added the switch elements/battery charge elements, which was nice, but by keeping the trend of demi-god level health for enemies, the switch/battery mechanics are repeated more times than should be considered acceptable, simply compounding the long health problem with the new problems of annoying mechanics. IE: That damned computer voice in Oolong constantly stating the sequence was started, stopped, started, stopped, started, stopped, started, stopped, with only 10 seconds of breathing time in between. If I have to hear any more of that i'm going to switch to the villain faction and invent a device that moves the Earth into the path of a solar flare just to spite that electronic harlot.
    • Like x 10
  11. Rok Var Well-Known Player

I don't like it for 2 reasons. 1 it becomes boring. 2 it has created a culture of players that either want to run without a tank or healer to get through faster. I value all roles and enjoy the feeling of the perfect group. However, it is better slightly, than the old one shot the entire group mechanic that use to be the norm. Balance in this regard, more so than powers, would be nice. I still think Trigon was the best example of how boss fights should be. A&B was pretty good too, but this hitting a target for 20 min that isn't really hurting you, but just won't go down, is just frustrating and at some point boring.
    • Like x 7
  12. Notangie New Player

With weapon mastery combos everyone should be contributing to damage, but what actually happens is: exclude a role and get a superfluous dps. So, no.
    • Like x 4
  13. SilverwingsZOE New Player

Nope

All adds should have the health of T6 duo mobs
    All non final bosses should have the double of the health of said mobs
    All final bosses should have the health of Circe/Wonderpants on TD alert
    10 secs mechanics etc should be have a 30 secs timer instead
    • Like x 2
  14. TheHeartbreakkid New Player

I hate it.

Easy content is now just easy, longer content. :(
    • Like x 4
  15. Seth Grey New Player

No. I understand WM has been introduced to balance this out but honestly the proportionality is way off.
    • Like x 7
  16. X-zero Loyal Player

So far the endurance battles of T6 haven't been that fun. It doesn't seem harder it seems like less things to do before the bosses in newer content so they extend the content by making the boss fight last longer. I could see the longer fight for raids since you only run them once a week but daily content really shouldn't be as long as some of the t6 is.

Maybe they decided to make this change to make an easier transition to raids from alerts. Because in the past the difficulty has always seem to spiked going from alerts to raids.
    • Like x 3
  17. Jake New Player

It sucks. Really bad. We ran the 4 man league hall alert. Took about 50 minutes to get to the end BECAUSE of their health. But we did have only 1 dps.
  18. MetalMario Loyal Player

I think it's fine. Everyone can do a lot more damage thanks to weapon mastery, so you shouldn't notice the fights taking too much longer unless your dps and/or support are slacking off. The longest boss fight took about 10 to 20 minutes but that was because all of the other dps got killed and couldn't be revived around half health.
    • Like x 3
  19. Tre Day New Player

I honestly have no problem with the large health pools, other than what the player-base ends up doing to combat it. I don't mind these battles taking long, as long as they're taking long because of the battles and not because groups are trying to muscle through and end up wiping a lot.
    • Like x 4
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I don't mind it to be honest. I mean it's not like it changes the mechanics in any way, it just makes it take a little longer to complete. Sure the risk of death is higher on bosses like Big Barda the longer it takes to kill her, but it's manageable.
    • Like x 5