Do people still play LPvP?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by GhostsAndMagic, Aug 16, 2022.

1. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

I wanted to play Arkham Asylum, but I sat in queue for over an hour before I gave up. Bad luck or dead game?
  2. GermanM Committed Player

PVP is dead here, if you wanna do it find a friend who loved so much as you.
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I would argue if you want PVP legends is about the only way you will get a que to pop now days. the devs hate us PVPr's
  4. GermanM Committed Player

I don't think they hate it, i believe they abandon it because PVP don't make them win money.
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

that's a statement that's made very often and one that its also inaccurate as PVP players also play PVE

the main reason is its hard if not impossible to balance and they don't want to spend development time on it because of several factors
    1 being they have a small staff for development
    2 being the fact people complain when they aren't creating new episodes and that is the larger player base
    3 several decisions they have made through out the games lifespan have made it worse and worse for the pvp community such as putting DLC content with both hero and villian spawn points in same location and driving people out of the PVP phases
    4) we are all still heroes and villians even though we are all clearly antiheroes
    5) the devs hate us ;)
  6. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

I guess we can still look back on the good ole days of FNL Legends tour:(
    • Like x 1
  7. BƖack Dedicated Player

We have smart devs, i'm sure they could easily find a way to make money out of pvp.
  8. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

If you started playing this game 4 pvp you in for a disappointing q its full of speed hackers or other types of hacker that ruined it 4 the community and dc is to light in the punishment side to have a impact on them. Then there is the unbalanced roles in pvp like tanks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Henoshock Well-Known Player

1v1 queues pop pretty quickly, sometimes 2v2, for both Arenas and Legends. But anything larger will take forever to pop.
  10. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

11. Chewsy Well-Known Player

It was decently active this weekend. Had maybe 10-15 LPVP 4s and 5s pop when I played. But man, the lag/desync with the RPS system in that gamemode makes it miserable. If anyone wants to wintrade for the 10x winstreak feat and other counter feats let me know (USPS).
  12. Brit Loyal Player

People do still play Legends PvP.

Your problem is that you were queued exclusively for Arkham Asylum.

1v1 and 2v2 PvP is what will pop.

When you go to 4v4, 5v5, and 8v8s, it's hard to get that many players.

Especially since if people queue for just All PvP, they'll get shoved into 1v1s and 2v2s once those are available, instead of waiting for even more people so they can go into a bigger Arena.

The only way to get those larger ones to pop (and this is for Legends AND normal Arenas), you have to pre-build 2 groups so that you're queuing as teams that can fight each other.
  13. Henoshock Well-Known Player

You should build your own group of 4/5 people and play during peak hours to get 4s or 5s to pop. Otherwise you will almost always only land in 1s and 2s. LPvP overall isn't dead, but the larger maps aren't really alive.
  14. Wolfzx New Player

That's sad, i'm new and i was trying to choose between rage and elec for pvp and pve but it dissapointed me.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There are still some hardcore single or duo players, but I think the days of ever seeing 2 groups of 4, 5 or 8 facing off another full group are over. You might eventually get an 8v8 map to pop, but likely it's just 16 solo players hoping to get a count towards the feat...not really 'pvp' players really going at it.
  16. Robinton Well-Known Player

I put on a Legends PvP and waited for about 30 minutes. Nothing ever popped. Seems to me that the PvP is dead on DCUO. Maybe the community doesn't like PvP or is there a bigger problem?
  17. james 54 New Player

To be honest legends pvp is ok. If in all honesty legends pvp seems more balance because there are no roles! So i don't have to worry about to opponent being able to spam shields and heals or even switch roles for an advantage. Another thing is that the rewards are alright but there is no rank system so there is no hype for the pvp compared to games that have pvp in my opinion.