Do people still create Original Charatcters in this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Raptor, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Awsome Well-Known Player

KeHaan, Michigan WoIverine and SolidSnakeEyes are my only three “iconics”. The rest are all original. Almost every one has a detailed backstory as well... unfortunately, I’m the only one who knows them lol.
    • Like x 2
  2. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

My main is a original charachter even though I wear some iconic styles often I still use my snowy owl style :)
    • Like x 4
  3. SekretVillain Loyal Player

All if my characters are original

Main - offending habits CR293 water heal 460sp
    Main alt - Awesomeby nature munitions troll CR288 423sp
    Alt 2- oolilith gadget troll 300+ so
    alt 3- offending sissies cr255 skip toon nature heal
    Alt 4- officialpunching bag fire tank
    Alt 5- atomic fail cr43ish atomic tank

Have a 6th alt but for whatever reason the name of it escapes me atm

All villain too
    • Like x 2
  4. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Most of my toons are based on Marvel characters but I do have a few originals.
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

None of my 18 Characters are clones of the comic characters, and the vast majority of characters I see aren't clones either. So the answer to the original topic question is a simple, "Yes." ^_^
    • Like x 2
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

My main character is myself!
    That is, I made my version in the real life game ...
  7. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Nothing but originals from me. I just think there are far too many "Flash" or "Batman" or "Superman" or even Wonderwoman characters running around. I guess the multiverse was combined and we're all on Earth Prime now, but shheeeessshhh! Enough is enough! LMAO

J/k do whatever you want.... doesn't bother me..... ... .... much.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hurly-Burly Active Player

Kind of hard to be original when all of the costumes they release are from DC original characters.

OC GUY: Hey, this is my original toon
    Me: Then why are you wearing Batman's mask?

I would rather play as the legends similar to what Marvel did in their mmo, because their models and costumes are way better, but that is just me.
  9. Tibereus New Player

Not a single character of mine drew inspiration from any existing characters within the DCU, other than my lanterns obviously sharing Lantern Corps. with other existing heroes/villains.
    • Like x 1
  10. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

This idea of creating a stable character (iconic or original) most of you are detailing above is interesting and different to me. I always looked at it differently - I named my main generically on purpose, and then when I get bored of his look / movement / powers, I simply switch and bam - a new character. I couldn't imagine keeping him the same for more than 6 months. Sure, I need to pay for power change badges, but considering the time invested in him, it makes more sense than leveling up an alt. Of course, I think the fact I only play 1-2 hours a day has a huge impact on that - I just don't have time for multiple characters.
  11. CrimsonRush9497 New Player

When I was 5 I played this game so much and now I have rediscovered it this Monday!

And yes even though I currently only have one character I will never make iconic characters and I will keep making OCs
    • Like x 3
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

welcome back, matey.
    • Like x 3
  13. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

All OC here.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 2
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I like thinking of all my characters as originals. They're all based on characters I made up as a little kid in the late seventies and early 80's.

A week ago I decided to spend some of my loyalty points on a new character slot which brings my in game total up to 19. I got the name I wanted right off the bat. I had previously used the name but deleted that toon early on. Discovered I lost it after trying to reroll the character over so whoever used the name after me must have lost it during one of the recent name purges and i just happened to snatch it up.

At this point I give big props to anyone who can come up with a good cool super hero or villain name just given the amount of names currently being used but I also don't mind coming across good clones or legacy type of characters. Part of my own narrative to in game conditions we're actually in limbo where all these types of characters would exist anyway.
    • Like x 2
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

All Originals here;

Original Batman
    Original Superman
    Original Flash
    ;) ;) ;)

But seriously.....

The Multiverse
    Saturn Knight
    SandWalker
    The Paladin

I had others in the past like RuneWraith.... and more....
    But I create delete characters all the time. :oops:

But I do have a bunch of Iconics.... love using Iconics too. ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Half my 32 toons are OC and the other half are Iconics
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Roll was my first ever OC, i dont have really any other OCs ingame given the styles dont really match up to my vision of them here.
    • Like x 1
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

They thought it would make more of an Impact. ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Two of my toons are inspired by actual DC characters. One has an outfit inspired by the Golden Age Flash, and the other is inspired by Booster Gold (both in name and in costume). One is my recreation of a character that was seen a grand total of (I think) 3 times in the 1980s. The rest are all OC (though I did realize today that my Atomic toon's name was similar to a one-off that appeared in Legionnaires as a LoSH reject, in the '90s).
    • Like x 1
  20. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

He wanted to be original....
    • Like x 2