Do people still create Original Charatcters in this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Raptor, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I have both, original and iconic/cosplays. My main ended up being a cosplay though, because she ended up having the most fun power to use during AM and post revamp era IMO, while my supposed main(OC) ended up becoming just another alt.
  2. Dwild Well-Known Player

I have 3 main toons...male biker type hero, female Pirate type hero and a villain who's sort of a Circe clone but she uses power armor, not pole dancer outfit (unless she's playing healer..then she shows more skin.) Lotta purple on the villain which Circe used to use; now they show her more in dark tones.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

He was being original....no one as ever used it for a post....ever. I'm headed to the eye doctor now.

But for the original question...I run 30 odd toons across a few accounts...only 2 are 'iconic', one because I was being very lazy and had just watched a movie with the character so I used the name....her look....meh? Not so much. The other I keep relatively iconic and she was created to run with some friends who created an iconic league and I wanted a toon in with them.

Oddly enough, Reinheld's league name is 'lconic' but the iconic requirement was dropped before I joined and took over, and he's OC. So maybe 'ironic'?

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  4. The Raptor New Player

I have my own league, it's been dead for a while, no one logs in now, so I'm looking for people to recruit xD
    • Like x 1
  5. The Raptor New Player

Here's my character info too, don't know all his info so here's what I got:

Main Character: RaptorHU
    Faction: Hero
    Power/Role: Gadgets Troll
    CR: - 110
    League: The Heroes United
    • Like x 1
  6. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Definitely original characters- I'm not a huge DC fan, I got started because I like MMOs and at the time my computer was horribly out-of-date and DCUO was a free download on PS3.
    Personally I think it's best to come up with a name to match your powerset and work from there on style and everything- hence a nature character named Chia Death and a mental character named Second Thoughts for example.
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've done that with maybe one or two characters (came up with DoubleFission for my Atomic character lol) but my inspiration can come from all sorts of places. WizardofSpeedandTime came about from a short film of the same name and the idea of combining Quantum powers with Super Speed movement, for example.

I think my most intricate or involved character is Headlong. The name is from a Queen song.

I came up with the initial character back in my pen-and-paper RPG days, and the first design was a super-strong, flying character who would just hurl herself into any fight (think Rogue but without the power draining abilities). It morphed into an Electric-powered speedster when CO came along, and she eventually became the same thing here when Electricity was introduced into the game.
  8. Chia Death Well-Known Player

DoubleFission is good. Almost makes me want to try some more puns based off Foreigner songs but I'm willing to bet Head Games is taken...
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Only problem with locking in on a super specific power name, that guy "ICE DESTR0YER" or whatever who's running around shooting celestial skulls out of his hands. 'Name change tokent please!'

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  10. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Yeah, I'm a firm believer it's better to level an alt than to change powers- but not everyone agrees, and I understand that.
    • Like x 1
  11. BSEison Well-Known Player

All of mine are "original characters" based on something out of DC lore, or as a legacy type character. Like others have said, that is the fun part of character creation for me.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I have all original toons though the names might be opposed to that. I have no problem attaching a distinguishing trait about their powers to the toons because if I make a character I put a lot of thought into how I want him to be. They may be a wonder or a super but that is mainly because they were inspired by the heroes. Not the only reason but they are not that character or even legitimately related to the characters. Except in some cases it is related in a vague multiverse way. They aren't that iconic from another universe but related in some way
  13. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

The Lord of 5 likes your league name. If you like he will be on his alt today named Blaq Talon. Hit him up or join his private channel Owl Phone.
    • Like x 1
  14. Neversummerdrew New Player

All of my characters are iconic characters because that’s what I prefer. However when I’m playing the vast majority of characters I see online are original characters.
    • Like x 1
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Explain what you mean by original?
  16. The Raptor New Player

Added ;)
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if i couldn't maintain my original characters i would have abandoned this game years ago.

most of my characters date back to when I was a kid and in high school.

which was a very very long time ago.
  18. The Raptor New Player

As your own creation, maybe out or in the DC lore, at least if it's like a legacy character you created, or a brand new superhero
  19. The Raptor New Player

If anyone wants to join the league or simply hang out, send me a DM in-game or a mail there too!
  20. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Out of all my 17 characters only these 5 are iconics, and none of them are iconics from DC Comics, but rather other media:
    Incredible Frozone - Based on Frozone from The Incredibles
    Arbok Commander - Based on Cobra Commander from G.I. Joe
    Footclan Bebop - Based on Bebop from TMNT
    Footclan Rocksteady - Based on Rocksteady from TMNT
    Space Spectro - Based on the Space Specter, the evil twin of Space Ghost.
    They were all made just for fun, and I have never had a desire to ever create a toon that is someone from DC or Marvel. But, I do like playing with them regularly just as much as I play with the rest of my original characters, and I didn't make any of these until well after I had already made all of the other original ones.