Do people still create Original Charatcters in this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Raptor, Feb 12, 2020.

1. The Raptor New Player

I'm just curious about this, I've been trying to find some players with OCs, and possibly recruit to a league of the max OCs as possible.
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

I have both Iconics and Original Characters with their own background stories. Yes there are people with original characters.
    But you also see a lot of Iconics because It's a Superhero game.
    • Like x 6
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My main is an original character with a backstory, visual theme and playstyle theme. My alt is a Dr. Manhattan iconic though.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All of my characters are OC.
    • Like x 8
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I have 11 character ( at the moment ). 4 heroes. 7 villains. all are original characters with their own individual inter-twining probably far too convoluted back stories. that's what originally drew me to the game, the chance to create my own little corner of the DC Universe.
    • Like x 6
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

All OCs here, It would kind of defeat my whole point of being able to customize characters, If I wanted to create a character and Name her Harleyquinn when I can just have same stories and give her a more original name.
    • Like x 3
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

out of the 17 characters i have on uspc, 5 on eupc, and 2 on xbox... none are original to any specific comic book character.

when i decided to buy this game for $50 and a subscription (yes... SOE spent bank to promote the game before it came out), it was when i saw this DCUO commercial on tv that I can be my own hero or villain. the commercial did not suggest to pick a knockoff name or knockoff an iconic outfit.
  8. Solarbound Committed Player

I'm just curious why you chose the font you did to type that -_-
    • Like x 8
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Despite the number of players who try to recreate their favorite characters from across MANY genres (comics, movies, anime, etc.) I think there's a fair number of players who try to make their own characters.

Thing is, it can get a little tricky coming up with 100% original characters because you can never quite tell when an influence may creep in without realizing it. And if someone wants to get nitpicky about it and points it out, then bang goes your 100% original character. LOL
  10. Balton hero Committed Player

Glad I'm not the only one who did this. I actually did it twice, once when I first started out on hero side, then when I was given a nickname off of one of my heroes("Fish") and lured to the villain side, I started over again with fish-themes for all my creations.
    • Like x 2
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

Some of us think 1 Flash is too many...

All original here...
    • Like x 4
  12. High Troller Loyal Player

you haven't seen the EU server i bet lol..... endless knockoff names and these players will call themselves the original (some letters are not displayed when their name is displayed on the screen).
    • Like x 1
  13. Stardazer Committed Player

I like to create OC, but they're often inspired by characters in DC or I create a fictional story in my head. Like my main's name is original, but she wears the Fallen God set in blue, red, and yellow because she's apart of Superman's family.
    • Like x 2
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Roll is a custom character i made turned OC, still love it!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Brit Loyal Player

Brit's an original character. I like the freedom that having an original character gives me to change my outfit on a whim, or use whatever weapon I feel like.

But I have my fair share of alt characters from other sources as well. A couple of Marvel ones, a couple of characters from some fringe comics that few people read, a couple of real life celebrities, and so on.

If you dislike seeing the iconics everywhere, just think of it this way. All of us are empowered by Exobytes that Brainiac stole and were released on the Earth. Those Exobytes contained powers and skills. The reason why the characters become master acrobats and martial artists is not because they were ninjas before they got their fire-powers. They were accountants and school teachers, but then they were uploaded with this crazy martial arts training from Batman and the acrobatics of Nightwing. If characters can have memories implanted inside of them that were copied from iconic DC Heroes, then is it really so crazy to think that those memories might mess with a character's mind?

If you woke up one day and had the distinct memories of being Bruce Wayne and training in the Hymalayan Mountains for years of ninja training, even if you were Bob Johnson the Taxi Driver, it's not unreasonable that a part of you would believe that you were Bruce Wayne.
    • Like x 4
  16. The Raptor New Player

I think of it as some kind of Legacy characters, if they're not supposed to be someone like Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent or any other established character really
  17. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

The Lord asks are you trying to create a league or join one? The Holy one has a bunch of original characters that he would like to start a league with.
    • Like x 1
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s getting increasingly difficult to make OCs these days, all new styles are taken from NPCs now except for the odd seasonal item here and there.
  19. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I still make original characters but i also make a lot of cosplay characters
    • Like x 1
  20. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

"Take off my hat and I lose control and turn in to a DPS !!!i have to keep my hat on " - xTopHat6x i swear he said that after busting out of brainiac ship 9 years ago it was surreal !

My villiain Armani Sur is OC . Amon sur is her dad and some earthling lady making her half Ungarans and half human . She acquired via genetics from her dad the power to instill fear and thus was unanimously recruited to the sinestro corps her powers rival those of the strongest ring bearers. The white lantern entity is currently searching her strong self out to become the wielder of that powerful lil ole ring :)