Do Overlapping Shields Stack or Overwrite?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cerulean Osprey, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

How does it work when multiple shields activate at the same time?
  2. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

The only shields you can have to together at once for example is hardlight and gemstone shield which is earth normal shield ability same for any other power then theres the other shield stack gemstone with damp shield trinket try to use damp shield with hardlight it will get cancelled
  3. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

There are different kinds of shields. Some shields stack, some overwrite one another.

For example, healer shields don't stack with other each other but can stack with other types of shields (tank, troll, etc).
    • Like x 1
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Yea that. Also, the iconic power Hardlight Shield is considered to be a healer type of shield.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Batuba fixed it so that Hard Light will overwrite the healer's shield and not the other way around.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

It's still considered a healer shield and will not stack with one. The fix was so that it can override any healer shield for the sake of the tanks, prior to that it could only override water and sorcery shields.
  7. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Hmmm... Would it be fair to tell my leaguemates?:
    1. Ice Tank --- Just run a rotation of shields, and be educatedof what the strongest/weakest shields are. They should stack, but best to cycle them?
    2. Healers --- Coordinate when you run shields to not overwrite one another.
    3. Gadget Controller --- Run Battle Drone SC when group is low on power, or Healers don't have shield.
    4. All: Personal Shields --- Use for pick-ups and whenever shields are down.
  8. L T Devoted Player

1) they do stack, but a good ice tank once told me he never stacks his shields.
    2) yes. Water's 8-person shields stacks with all the other shields, though
    3) yes
    4) The times I run with a personal shield I tend to save it for pick-ups or when I start to take damage.
  9. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Agreed, good ice tanks never stack their shields.
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Celestial was unique at one point when they could stack 2 shields.