Do not nerf anything Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Nov 28, 2015.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

As I understand it, it's mostly the healing fountains that are making it difficult for some players. I'm not sure what the strategy is for those as I've only blind queued it for entertainment, but maybe people could suggest what needs to be done to keep the fountains from healing Ravager? For example:

2. Backseid Devoted Player

Every single point in this post is false. Wow! Lol!
    • Like x 1
  3. Backseid Devoted Player

People shouldn't know mechanics at level 1. :rolleyes:
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Alot of people rrunning lpve right now never beat wave bc they're not at level to even attempt it. All the elitist "been here 5 years types" forget that lpve like seasonals are meant for everyone level 10 and up. IT'S NOT END GAME!!! People just wanna come here and stroke their egos. Congrats you are better at a video game than some people.
    • Like x 4
  5. megamanzero Loyal Player

its NERF or NOTHIN'
    • Like x 4
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

It's not the devs that are nerfing powers or raids or alerts , it's what the community wants. :(
  7. John Gates Active Player

We can't even get a new interface so why bother
    • Like x 1
  8. Tannen Committed Player

Your quoted example of help is great for people that are well versed in weapon combos. Blind queueing in, often puts you with people that don't know their combos though, so straight burn wont always work. As I mentioned in the other topic, I tend to assign myself to burning down fountains (and the lex/batman in that tunnel often helps) while the other 3 work on the boss. I don't really find ravager to be difficult with this approach. But good luck trying to delegate this responsibility to the unresponsive masses. Probably only works if you take that role on yourself.
    • Like x 1
  9. megamanzero Loyal Player

in all the groups ive been in, we burned the fountains. no communication needed
    • Like x 1
  10. lukelucky Devoted Player

Clear problem here. The game originally was kinda tuff with the tuffer missions like penbot. There was a universal dumbing down and the "current standard" is breeding underdeveloped players. Clearly an issue

U under no circumstances imagineable can alienate 3 and four year customers to accommodate new players. Add in how hard retaining....... heck getting people to even spend let alone retaining players and this is crazy. No way u ever cut the player base that is ur "prefered customers" for possibly customers.

Easy tie breakers.
    1. Which version was most popular. 1st 2 years when servers were packed or todays ghosts towns?
    2. While we have dumbed down content what happens when these under developed players actually learn a few things? Yup easy bores them and we lose some % of em. Also lost all the multi year players who loved the challange.

The point is to appeal to as many and retain as many as possible amd easy modes not restcking the pond but is driving vets away or atleast aggravating us.

Middle ground is ask questions and learn just like everyone else did for years.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sbel Devoted Player

Do MMOs ever get more popular as they age? Afaik, they're all dying, it's just the speed that varies.
    • Like x 2
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

This game revolves around machanics and roles. Lpve negates roles but the machanics are there and if u join something with machanics welp u should expect to learn mechanic's.

I will share a secret with u. There is a keypad, mic system and even these forums u found here all available to get strategies if u communicate. Communicating and working as a team in a team based game which is multipley, ops massive multiplayer game at that, is not a crazy demand. Its common sense. Why do the rules change at low levels?

It does not and should not. This level 10 is ur 1st impression and where the bar is set. No communication and ignore machanics is no message I want sent nor do I feel it is good to be sent. Actually for 2 years u got better or got ur but handed to u. Thats important and noted because well we had players on all the servers vs the ghost towns currently.

So learn tje core basics of the game yes even at an early stage is not only extremely fair but in general how games work. Slowly build up and develop players as they reach tuff end game challanges.
  13. lukelucky Devoted Player

Ummmm dont know. I do know by testament of very successful friends who play W.O.W. it held strong for about a decade. I know once they went casual and such it lost a huge chuck of players.

I know dcuo when launched was underdeveloped and we are still saddled by ps3 vs next gen gaming.
    I garuntee u nothing out there is anything like our games combat
    Our quality of life has increased dramatically. Simply not freezing daily is huge enough but its way deeper than that
    I know alot and mean alot of players who still very much love dcuo are former players

Basically game is not loseing people the decisions, and errors are. To be fair though one mistake which any team is bound to make might be catastrophic to dcuo as we opperate with such a small staff. (Seems accurate I am not sure)

U restart dcuo as next gen only and u restore difficulties and rewards to where we were in t4 u cant tell me dcuo would not be larger then ever. Oh yeah tighten progression to t1 to t4 and keep it at this pace
    Pvp with roles fixed
    Skill points would matter
    And we would have things to do.
    Multiple teirs would be fun not a faceroll so we would have plenty to do
    • Like x 1
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

First of all I know the mechanics, and have finished almost all the feats, so come off your pedestal that you've placed yourself on. If it's available to lvl 10 new players it should be in line with the difficulty curve that content is on. If not then the level in which you can qeue for lpve should be raised. I know it makes you guys feel good to come on the forums and find every posts that someone mentions having trouble with and telling them you finished it in 30 seconds uphill both ways in the snow but most couldn't care less that you are so l33t
    • Like x 1
  15. lukelucky Devoted Player

U are so far off its sad. The game was set at difficulty say 8 and since dropped to difficulty 4. What game lowers the bar the further u get into it? Level 10s needed to work together and learn machanics when the game was new. Actually most people did level 10 missions at level 12, 15 or higher becajse at level 10 they would get wrecked. Again its not an opinion kts one was popular and one suits my 4 year old nephew.

What ur saying is teaching people machanics are not important and thats simply wrong on every level. Levels ont through nine teach u how to use movement equip powers and gear, use your journals and such. Level ten introdjces u to the core of dcuo. Roles and yup machanics. How can u learn if its removed or nerfed to a 4 year olds level? U cant.

Maybe you enjoy face rolling or cant hack it but since luck amd baby modes been a thing once full servers are ghost towns.

Regardless of where we stand years one and two were harder and the game grew and retained players. Now we got ghost towns so its not about feelings it about whats good for the game.

Fyi. I beat all end game content since year one BUT am nowhere nere elite. Ive know elite players and I am not them. Also id gladly help any player not acting like a brat. Heck sometimes after they are called on it and act right I still help em because at the end of the day all I care about is the best product available. Our population indicates harder content and the core principles of years one and 2 are it and baby modes not.

Holding blocks not elite
    Moving out from in front of a monster who can only kill u if facing u is not elite
    Teamwork in general not elite
    Communicating not elite

All is fairly expected in a game such as dcuo and we got years proving it worked
    • Like x 3
  16. Proxystar #Perception

It wasnt just snowing there was actually a lightning storm and I finished the content without my computer even being turned on. :p
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm sorry but I have to disagree about LPVE, LPVE is like a seasonal in a way, it's not meant to be difficult, and if it is: How in the world are One shot mechanics difficult?
    One shot mechanics aren't difficult, they're just extremely cheap.

A raid like Prime back then was good and hard.

I've played hard content and beaten it successfully.

It's not developers fault either, it's the lack of players willing to learn and step up. I don't forsee that changing, and Devs not lowering content down to their level, may cost them more money.
    I can't even tell you how many people were so upset and infuriated over GU 47's stat clamping, the devs literally had to make a last minute adjustment to make Cr scaling a thing just so this community could be happy.

People just wanna get top cr and be this beast player that everyone knows about,
    I'm sorry, but over this past year alone I've seen a tone of abused Exploits, even Survival Mode was exploited for crying out loud.
    Players were cheating left to right, and the content its self got fixed, no rewards were vacated, or if it was, it was hardly any rewards vacated.

Lfging would have to be dealt with too in this aspect:
    I can't tell you how much frustration I've had to getting in Groups due to my cr being 113 and not 144 or something like that, and it was for TOTD and Lols.

Need high cr for this, need high cr for that.

AMs are another subject at hand, but Quite frankly I'd say just adjust the content- and leave AMs alone.
    I'm sick of every quality update in this game being pushed away just because This is hitting to hard, this is hitting too soft, etc.
    Just let them get a base damage and scale it, then let them scale the content.
    Enough of the Dps updates.
  18. Coulromaniac Dedicated Player

I don't want the game to become too easy either, and I agree that mindlessly going through instances and just spamming buttons over and over at enemies is indeed a rather boring way to go about things. *cough AM and the set rotations*

That being said, I enjoy weapon mastery, mainly because I like the feel and the idea of chaining one weapon into another,
    but I wouldn't be too opposed to nerfing it.

Clipping was a mistake imo, but meh.

Idk. I've been playing for years, and the more you go at it, the better you get.
    I've been kicking butt as Robin lately in Legends PVP- when I first started out, Robin couldn't kick anyone's butt,
    now I'm over there kicking Luthor's butt, and Green Lantern's butt, etc.

Either Robin got a boost, or I've just gotten that much better.
    (or the players I was up against were that abysmal)

Edit:
    (but yeah, nobody likes L33ts)

I think the main problem is, even if YOU know what you're doing, one of your group members might not have a clue. The more group members you have, the more likely it is that one or more of them is going to drag everyone else down by simply not listening or not caring.

The Pug life is a rough road to tread.
    [IMG]
  19. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

LPvE Dox if 110% fine, there are also no one shot mechanics in it compared to norm. You can literally continue attacking the warrior head on, even with rage mode. You just have to roll from sentry. You just have to block and role from the ravages, the ball from oppressor doesn't kill you either if you have near full health.

People just need to use their logic instead of being handed candy for begging.

Events are can be both hard and easy. It just shows hoe dedicated you can be, even Adam is an event.

I agree that things needs to eventually stop being nerfed so much.
  20. Minnion Devoted Player

The way I see it, if someone wants content nerfed because it requres a certain role the real questions the devs should be asking:

Why aren't there enough support roles?
    • Is it because the community puts too much pressure on them? If so how can we decrease that pressure without rendering them obsolete? Is it because they have trouble doing their thing without steeping on the toes of other players? Prime example is encasement attacks... DPS didn't like them because they acted as a damage shield and would sometimes send enemies flying... Me I figure that the obvious solution would be add some kind of damage bonus for taking advantage of an encased foe as a weapon(My favorite idea would be using them as a damage shield by blocking while holding an encased enemy, naturally blocking with an encased enemy causes them to take at least some of the damage instead of you.. Tougher enemies can sponge more damage before dying...)
    • Is it because the role isn't satisfying to play?(Why is it unsatisfying? What can be done to make it feel rewarding?)
    • Is it because it's too hard? (Can it be buffed without sacrificing depth?)