Do not nerf anything Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Nov 28, 2015.

1. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I'm so sick of everything being nerfed!

People are just getting dumb and dumber. Back in the day, we continuously practiced, observed, researched, continuously attempted things, until we got it, getting a sense of achievement.

This new mentality I've seen in the last few months is driving me up the wall! People want to get to the top fast, want a reward for not even learning the skill. This game is continuously being dumbed down and it's frustrating. Even UM was nerfed, it's ridiculous. Use your brains, make your groups, ask for help, if you fail that's ok, try again with another group, don't waste your replays on something you think is to hard and cry that it's to hard because you wasted your replays, don't whine that the instance is to hard when you don't know how to use the legends character even though it's top tier...

At all you players who just want the good stuff and don't want the challenge or skill please go and play a kids game and leave this.

Please do not touch anything in LPvE Paradox Devs! Players need to step up and learn the mechanics and skills to beat so they know what it's like not to be carried all the way to t7.

/Rant
    • Like x 19
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I liked then unliked your post so I could like it again :D - completely agreed.
    • Like x 9
  3. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Oh look at what I found,

feat
    fiːt/
    noun

1. an achievement that requires great courage, skill, or strength.
    • Like x 6
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

Or in this game patience...
    • Like x 8
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Her point still valid. Community wants everything to be easy. Wave isn't hard ppl dont know mechanics so they whine nerf
    • Like x 5
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I think the problem is they don't even want to try, it's the attitude of so many new players in this game.

surely people don't just start playing games like any MOBA games, any MMO's and just expect to "hulk smash everything".

I mean surely if you play with your eyes even half open you start to see whats going on.

i.e. Sentry's stomp attack, Opressors ball trap, Warriors one shot mechanic. I mean honestly...
    • Like x 7
  7. kingmasternova Loyal Player

This game is rated "T"
    Not rated "m"
    Games are post to be fun for everyone!!
    • Like x 2
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

What's your definition of fun? And what's rating got to do with it? I'm pretty sure teens are capable.
    • Like x 5
  9. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

Seriously, I somewhat understand your rant, but: AM needs to be nerfed in general. It's making the game too simple, it's putting the "roll" in "facerolling" on top of the CR scaling.
    • Like x 4
  10. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

If you failed at Wave in PVE; you"ll fail it in LPVE.

Most players who cry Nerf of LPVE Wave are the same ones who've never completed Wave in regular PVE. Or completed regular Wave with a OP group getting lucky/avoiding 50% of the mechanics.

If you dont complete LPVE Wave you need better cooperation with your teammates and need to understand the mechanics.

LPVE is back to the basics.... You just cant Artic Gust your way threw, or Block while Fury & Crystal wipes the enemies out. Or Spam whatever 1234 AM while having a Nature & Electric Healer with Bio Heals saving your tail.

You have to block, rolll/dodge, use normal attacks & cycle powers & conserve, coop with your allies, and understand the mechanics..... like normal PVE used to be.......

.....*Emotional Nostalgia before WM/AM's*
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

What's rating got to do with anything. There are plenty of games rated t that are challanging
    • Like x 5
  12. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

I should've reworded the thread, but I'm referring to instances, their mechanics and missions.

I completely agree on Advanced Mechanics. :)
    • Like x 3
  13. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

But Paradox lpve is super easy. Why would devs nerf it?
    • Like x 1
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Because if you look in other threads, there are allot of people whining about it, because they can't take the effort to get better.
  15. LightOfQuantum Committed Player

Wow, I didn't realize that there are players in this game that suck that bad.
    • Like x 2
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think there needs to be a middle ground. But I don't think that middle ground will be realised any time soon. I'm referring to DLC content here, rather than LPVE.

I think that the regular content should be your standard fare that we've grown accustomed to: Content which is ridiculously easy, even content masked as hard but soon becomes ridiculously easy when you know how the mechanics work (Unholy Matrimony) and content which is beatable on Day 1, imbalanced with last episode's gear.

But then I think Elite content should truly be Elite content. Every boss, including 1st and 2nd, have an eye-watering difficulty on par with the likes of Nexus of Reality/Paradox Wave. The instance isn't likely to be completed within the first month by most players and hopefully by nobody until they have obtained at least a full set of the best available gear at the time.

This way, you can have your basic "open to all" content, but you've also got your extremely challenging Elite content, for the players who want more.

Right now, Elite content is nothing more than a marketing ploy to make players feel special and better than they actually are. It also takes advantage of vulnerable players who can't see that their insecurities about being OP and better than the average player are being taken advantage of. Today's Elite content is where the non-Elite content should be difficulty wise. There is no challenge, especially not in the Alerts. This needs to change if the devs wish to hold on to any form of hardcore fan base.
    • Like x 3
  17. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I've played a few MMO's and I interact with the communities a lot. This is the result of what happens when you cave in too much to the player base and they feel too entitled. The game has been watered down quite a bit since 2013 to appease the people that threatened to take their money elsewhere if their demands weren't met. This in turn led to a bunch of hilarious and interesting requests that were asked for, some of which contradicted or nullified each other. I've said it since the beginning, you can adjust the game all you want but you can't adjust the players.

Good players will still be good and/or find a way while bad players will still be bad. You can't keep downgrading your game to satisfy people that simply can't grasp teamwork, general mechanics, and minor challenges. This gaming generation seems to want things quick, fast, and in a hurry so if there's no instant gratification then it needs to be "fixed". You've already let them put nails in the coffin of a game I used to love. Do you intend to let them bury it too?
    • Like x 3
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Nerf it all to the ground.

What we need a tank, this needs to be nerfed!!!

What we need a healer, this needs to be nerfed!!!

Are you serious we need debuffs, this content needs to be nerfed!!!

It needs to be nerfed so hard, if I blink at an add it dies.

lol but in all seriousness, the nerfing of several pieces of content in this game has led to role exclusion, abuse of role less buffs, and has corrupted the community a tad bit.
    • Like x 4
  19. L T Devoted Player

And Elite content should be CR clamped, so that it's always challenging.
    • Like x 3
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

IMO, Legends PVE is a joke, it is why I stopped playing it.

Reasons why I think LPVE is a joke:
    • Easy way to earn SP and content is not difficult and does not challenge us
    • Content requires reset to earn more Marks of Legends
    • Players speed through it leaving adds everywhere, if you are unlucky and die you are screwed if you try to get to the rest of the group
    Legends PVE should be this...
    • Does not require reset to play
    • Does not earn feat from completing it - difficulty can be reduce to decrease time in the instance further
    • Maps (Paradox) should require a toon to be at said tier to play - T1 toon should not be able to play on the Paradox Map
    If the developers keep the feat in LPVE they need to make the difficulty of what it was a year ago. Last year Court House and LoA was hard and challenging. Earning the feats in those required a skill group. Now you can get by without a group of skilled players. It is a joke to see so many FREE FEATS.
    Yeah I ran LPVE 1,000 time with a female toon and got A,B,C,D, etc... feats.
    With Legends PVP, we at least are challenging each other and putting up a good fight to get the feat. Right now, LPVE is not providing any true challenge and why I label the instances a joke and why I refuse to play them to earn FAKE SP.
    • Like x 1