Do not kill the tanks!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by MAXILIANO, Jan 18, 2017.

1. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Do not kill the tanks!
    First of all sorry for the difficulty with the language!
    Hello, I am here to show my sadness with the current situation of the tanks in the new update.
    The tanks are the primordial column of a raid!
    Every good Raid starts with a good tank!
    The tank should be the "strongest! "
    The tank has to be strong to face the bosses!
    You have to be strong to jump and pull the adds for yourself!
    It has to be fast to be able to pull an add or even boss when it suddenly appears in the group so that no one dies!
    However ... With this update ... All this is lost ... The tank died ...
    Our defense buffs have been reduced!
    Our shields weakened!
    Our reduced healing ability!
    Our ability to pull enemies was extremely reduced with very high Cooldowns!
    Our ability to keep ourselves with power was exhausted with self-power costs!
    We're not tanks anymore! "We are a shadow of the tank that exists today! "
    And the result will be total chaos!
    Many already do not like to play tank, the few that like many will give up!
    Those that remain will be the targets of endless charges! For they will not be strong enough to do their job!
    It will be hell !!!

That's why I'm begging you!
    Do not kill the tanks!
    • Like x 14
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I watched a video of an Atomic tank literally kiting, jumping and dodging the entire time. That is not a battle tank by any stretch. Something is either bugged or a formula is off or missing something.
    • Like x 3
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Time for another Aviar post explaining upcoming changes to test because right now its ridiculous.
    • Like x 4
  4. Bloodlife New Player

I've readed all patch notes... indeed it's a dangerous route for the game. Its going to be harder... Actual Tank experts - of course they'll keep tanking, just because they love it... Tank novices? Tons of wipes with group badshouting at him :( Result: + dps from now on... as if we still need + dps...
    • Like x 1
  5. Godlysnack New Player

I'm actually afraid to tank in this test (groups and raids that is). I went in and matched up some stats from live to test.

Atomic tank for both.

Live
    CR: 149
    SP: 99
    HP: 22992
    Power: 6125
    Def: 25852
    Might:5868
    Dom: 3772

Test
    CR: 154
    SP: 172
    HP: 14511
    Power: 14511
    Def: 16350
    Might: 5916
    Dom: 4453

With the SP I got all of my shield attacks + Super Flight and breakouts. For stats I got 20% crit (because % heal doesn't work with crits), 259 Might, and 563 Dom (which cost me like 80+ of my SP).

I don't feel strong at all compared to my live tank. We lost 1% healing from the Aura and the combos only heal me for 15% of my Dom (used to be 15% of my might which was much higher on Live). I'm 5 CR higher with 80 more SP on Test but don't feel like a tank. :(
    • Like x 3
  6. marcelo calasans New Player

Being tank in this way will not dynamize the game and rather kill the tank class, this will be a real shot in the foot if they insist on all these changes.
  7. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

Atomic has never healed for a percentage of might. On live atm all attacks with the aura up heal you for 2% of your total health and all combo tray casts heal for 48% of your total dom
    • Like x 2
  8. Godlysnack New Player

You are right. I miss-read the wiki when I was first building this character. The Aura gave 15% might while active. Not healed. Unfortunately it won't let me edit my post again :(

That aside I still feel weak and fragile since they decreased our aura heal by 1% of max health. Along with the decrease of Combo heals by 33%.

Edit: also the other stat decreases make me feel weak and fragile (not just the heals). Perhaps it's because I've got something to compare it to where I'm a lower CR/lvl/whatever but all my stats (except power and dom) are considerably lower.
  9. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

Agree. They nerfed tanks across the board. It makes no sense. There was nothing wrong with tanking...
    • Like x 3
  10. Saami Loyal Player

Tanks are important.
    Imo they are as important as healer, troll or dps. Let all roles shines!
    • Like x 3
  11. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I really pray that developers not only see this topic but rethink about what they did in revamp ...
    I still dream about the day that DC will be a game full of people with a lot of investment and with this very content ...
    But if these silly mistakes continue, this dream will continue to be only a dream unfortunately ...:oops:
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I know I will be very sad if they kill my atomic

I have tanked with atomic since it came out bullying aside our main tank to take his place forcing him to DPS because i just found it so much fun *luv ya killa* I was used to tanking with earth before that and rage before that but didn't like the playstyle as much..

I was on test when atomic was announced and fought hard with many others to make it a good tank power because when it first came on test it had much to be desired, a jack of all trades but nothing close to a master of any. and the changes were made to give us more survivability all of which from what i keep reading has been removed. I have been trying to get back on test but its been taken down for a few days and i hope when it comes back we Atomic players will still be able to do our jobs. of keeping the group safe by taking the beating ment for them.

please don't kill Atomic I know its a little diffrent for yall because the power was created in the AM world and didn't exist before it but it has become my Fav power in the game and i have played them all a lot *except Light I don't like light*
    IN fact WATER better be something AWESOME!!! to make me even think about going to it for a while and Healing powers in this game were always my fav to play before Atomic.

I'll close with I'm optimistically hopeful they see the concern people are communicating to them and they take it to heart
    • Like x 1
  13. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Wow, I haven't gotten the chance to test it myself. But if this is true, I'm gonna be more upset once rage comes to test. We already got nerfed with out healing ability I think twice, already? And if we going to be nerfed again, then I think after almost 6 years of playin one of my fav games, I might have to come to a complete stop.

Yea I know I'm panicking way too early and probably jumping to conclusions, but can you blame me/anyone? The devs don't really have nay good track record with these major GUs and fixes they come out with.

I know there's alot of good things from this revamp but there's also alot of bad as well. I thought this was stat revamp not a game overhaul by destroying tanks, trolls and other roles :/
    • Like x 1
  14. Carbon Based Unit Well-Known Player

Well, the CEO tanks... perhaps he could take his new CR100 tank out for a spin, then get one on test, and see how they compare.
    • Like x 1
  15. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

R.I.P. tanks...you will be missed...and I'm a tank. well, maybe not for long...
    • Like x 1
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

In the stream he said in other games he was a tank and in dcuo he is playing dps but would like to tank. Big difference. He has also been the ceo for 6+ months and only made it to cr99 so I doubt he has any real experience with the game.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This. Technically yes, he does play his own game, but lacks the end tier experience to really get a good look at the state of the game. I think if he got a real taste of the pug world at 166+ cr, the stat revamp would look much different.
    • Like x 2
  18. bmce84 Loyal Player

I look at the old ones starting from the mid-year update to now and honestly, it seems like in every post there's a different story, but the video showing off the UI and saying we would get to pick how we fought and that roles would be able to put all their SP into the stat which corresponded to their power, that's the one where I see it and wonder "did they forget all that already?"

Ohhh so that's why they made the skip to 100, poor guy couldn't reach 100.
    But really that's probably one of many characters, I can't believe the CEO, someone who says he plays 2 to 3 times a week isn't at least 150 by now, even without replay it's just not possible, and lets be real they don't play alone or deal with PuGs either.

But hey, they got experience making RNG boxes on other games, which is clearly working amazingly on this one #Perception.
    • Like x 1
  19. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I wonder ... Well the CEO could mark one day in the test to play as tank with us players in the final raids.
    It would be the best way not only to have a good idea of how it works, but how to have good ideas of what has to be improved ...:rolleyes:
  20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

When you play Legends PVE you don't need a Tank.
    So neither should you need one with the new Revamp.