DLC7 New Gear styles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deviant, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Breen New Player

With a dlc as epic as origin crisis its a major letdown to see the b-list take the spotlight in the top tier armor section. I was expecting something in line with the survivors of the initial storyline that got me to take the risk and purchase lifetime subscription, Future Lex Luthor and Batman. For me this would be equivalent to going out at a midnight launch for Dark Knight but when it gets to the scene when Bruce opens the armorie to dawn the suit, there's a power ranger costume...and its the pink one.
    • Like x 8
  2. Gravitic New Player

The Booster stuff seems pretty awful. It actually manages to look worse than his Extreme Justice armor from the 90s. I was excited when I heard there was a Booster theme coming... but this looks like a guy with a star on his chest who got Skeets stuck on his head... and shoulders, and elbows... and knees. (You guys really know how to beat something to death conceptually, don't you?)

Speaking of beating things to death conceptually... Why oh why do we need more Harley/Jester-themed stuff? Of all the things to put development time into, THAT was what made the cut? There's gear that already accomplishes this in the starting character creation menus, combined with the Harley/Jester styles that are in the game. I'm really disappointed by not getting something we haven't seen already.

Maybe hit up the Legion of Super-Heroes for some ideas. Better yet, maybe a Legion representative in the Watchtower that sells a wide variety of new, fun Slimline styles? Make them 100 MoT each or something, just to slow the speed of collecting them all, but I can't see anyone complaining about a huge pile of new costume options.

I've seen Spytle tweeting out pictures of the Council... featuring all sorts of new styles, robot arms, etc... and can't believe NONE of it got transitioned into stuff the players can have access to.
    • Like x 2
  3. Breedin Bull New Player

Interesting that there is only 2 pve t5 armours and 4 methods of acquiring the new marks, with two being dailies. At least there won't be anymore "if you didn't use replay badges, you would not be done all those sets of armour".
  4. graydogg51 Well-Known Player

I would never know that one is an aquaman inspired suit and the other is a booster gold inspired suit. They dont incorporate enough of the iconic characters styles to be recognizable. The Huntress, Manta and Harley are spot on, but not the other two. My full opinion on those two is rather insulting, so I wont say it on here. I hope heroes get something better next time. I look forward to collecting them for the stats, but that is all.
  5. Deviant New Player

haha thanks for the quick wiki on Booster, but I was referring to where does his armor fit? Will it be vendor purchasable or instance dropped? Not really absurd but I guess we'll have Booster & Aqua for heros and Booster & Manta to choose from from the T5 venodr. Or will Booster be like DPS only and Aqua/Manta be roles?
  6. BlackWingBeyond Committed Player

[IMG][IMG]In the words of the late Maurice Fisher: Dis...disa...Disappointed.
    • Like x 1
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

So I'm guessing they'll go back to placing them in the wings? Ie Huntress/Harley tech, Aquaman/Manta magic and Booster meta.

This would make it more clear why they went with Harley instead of the villain PVE Legend Bizarro (which I would be interested to see as an iconic set) but Manta is a bit of a stretch. I guess it can be posited that Manta collects artifacts some of which are magic.

Then again WW is not really magic in the most precise sense so I'm likely just over thinking.
  8. hudapak Well-Known Player

The Black Manta gear is the clear winner. The Huntress-inspired armor is a distant second. The rest is meh, IMO. I truly wish the Aquaman-inspired armor was better. It screams more of Atlantean soldiers than Aquaman. And if Manta's gear is villains-only then I'm crushed. :(
    • Like x 2
  9. La Chupacabra New Player

A part of me wants this to be a lie and them come out and say "LOL JK, this is just the drop gear, not the one's you'll be grinding for!"
    • Like x 4
  10. SuperMia New Player

Awww, I was hoping that the new T5 armor would be inspired by the "Fractured Future" cinematic:

And I'm guessing that "Fracture" the first exobyte powered superhuman has "Quantum" Powers in that video? XD

I would still love to have Batman's spikey cyborg armor if it's not too late to add some more styles! ^-^
    • Like x 2
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

FYI Mepps just tweeted: "That's a mix of DLC 7 gear and GU 25 gear. [Mepps]"

In response to: "So Mepps are those new gear styles the T5 gear?"

I'm can only assume that's in reference to this same pic.
  12. Breakforce Loyal Player

If this is actually the Tier gear, I am kind of surprised it is only 3 sets per side.

One would have to assume it would be worth more to SOE to put at least 4 or even role specific again like the T3 stuff, just in the interest of selling Replay Badges and Power Respecs.
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Devs Pleaaaase dont make these be faction tied. That Black Manta Suit is the greatest suit you have put in the game.
  14. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

I guess PVP gear gonna be in GU 25
  15. Meta Flare New Player

yeah i feel the same. the only one id buy is manta and the chest legs and hands of huntress. the rest im not likeing too much. and dont we have a ton of clown/joker/harley crap.

i hope these are drops and that the real purchasable ones are more along the lines of the batman/lex pics they showed off. ninja batman FTW!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  16. Queen Roxanne New Player

Black Manta suits looooooooooks AWESOME... the rest are beyond ugly. Booster Gold and Aquaman inspired gear just look beyond cheesy and tacky... they just are ugly :( wazzup with harley style gear?? they cant make her gear like Injustice Gods Among Us costume type ?
    • Like x 1
  17. Meta Flare New Player

that video is amazing (assuming that blurr did that one)

am i the only one who would rock that "fracture" guys gear. its hard as hell.

DEVS SERIOUSLY, IVE NEVER ASKED OR QQED FOR ANYTHING BUT IF THAT GEAR AINT IN THE GAME IM SERIOUSLY GONNA BE DISSAPOINTED, THEN IM GOING TO FLOOD THE FORUMS WITH POSTS ABOUT IT.
    • Like x 1
  18. MooseDetective New Player

These things are hideous. Why is everything such bulky armor. And I'm not sure what that Booster suit is even trying to do?

Im sad that I still won't be able to tweak Booster Silver_TKJ's outfit to make him totally booster-ific like his low-life brother.

[IMG]
  19. Naija born Well-Known Player

woow woow i dont know why ppl hate these styles? well i guess its just taste.
    i love the styles and the are nice imo
  20. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Aside from the taste they are just too random to be T5 vendor gear.