DLC7 New Gear styles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deviant, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Brit Loyal Player

I love the Black Manta suit. Hopefully they do it like Home Turf and include a method to obtain cross-faction styles. Now that they've set a formal schedule of new teirs annually, I just don't think 3 sets is going to cut it for a whole year of raiding.
    • Like x 1
  2. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Actually first one and the last one are PVP sets, so you get only 2 sets for raiding unless you mean manta gear for heroes.
  3. Brit Loyal Player

Even worse. Blah. Guess it's just a matter of earning my gear in a month or two and then taking 10 months off while I wait for content.
  4. Dynagirl Committed Player

Question: Are the huntress boots thigh highs? Or do they start at the knees and the rest is apart of the leg style?
  5. Skynin New Player

I was hoping for some Batman-related gear since a start playing. And now this, when it supossed to come... II feel myself betrayed, really.
    And fix already disproportion of styles that weared on characters with small body types, some awesome pieces looks ugly at them.
  6. Killua19 New Player

i have no problem with the new gears..at first i was like: " WTF ARE YOU THINKING!" but well those are iconic chars and i get the message...Also Black Mantas helmet will be the Jewel in my style *__* THE ONLY armor i dont like from the new styles is Booster Gold...That thing is so not booster its downright insulting...and so far every Booster fan seemed to agree with me there
  7. Hal Roth New Player

I see some cool combinations with those styles and color changes, but what I LOVE is the precedence this might set for PVP season styles: Iconic Armors!

Q: How many times would I prefer iconic inspired suits over Gobot armor?

A: All the times.
  8. QuaTumTroLL Well-Known Player

I think Black Manta and Booster Gold gear looks great can't wait for it when is the DLC coming out?
  9. Dj_T New Player

umm... Aquaman does'nt look to bad/
  10. Rumour Committed Player

Loving the new info for DLC 7 this week. But quite disappointed with the styles for U25 and DLC 7. Only one SET that looks great is the villain's Harley PvP gear, in my opinion. Yes I understand you can mix and match styles, I'm just underwhelm with the art direction. Did the DC Comic approval had an impact on the designs?
  11. Comixfan Committed Player

My only gripe is that it's more armoured sets. Not every superhero or villain wears armour.

Where's the spandex?
  12. DIAEMUS New Player

omggg,plz dont let those be the t5 gear styles.they look like big bang theory nerds dressin up for a comic event...
    n they made the last place
  13. Breen New Player

After roaming test for a few hours the reality has set in. The "Aquaman" set IS the hero side T5 armor, that's it. It has replaced the T3 dps armor in the meta wing

Just an assumption: Booster Gold armor is going to be the "Iconic" set that drops in the raids. I messed with some different color schemes while previewing at the vendor. For me, the armor styles that have nothing to do with the main plot are a letdown. However, the changes to the skill trees and the hope that the raids will be fun keeps me interested.

Assuming that the standard rewards remain: raid-10 alert-4 solo-1? Then 55 of the new marks can be obtained per week without replays....but let's be realistic, were gonna replay like mad and have the 1 or 2 sets within the first few weeks then what?

If the drop rate for the iconic set is anything like fos' forget it, I'll miss my 1/2 sp. Even with the new changes to sp allocation, not worth it, not fun...
  14. phen0mena Committed Player

Perhaps contemplate why you did such?
  15. Breen New Player

Yes, most likely. As lifetime and having taken advantage of triple sc early on, it won't come as an extreme expense for me so why not...

Remember gates and prime release? Jam packed with players at first then a gradual decline over a few weeks and then followed by a large amount of players leaving for quite some time only to resurface now. (My personal experience of watching my stacked friends list diminish)
  16. indee2025 New Player

I hate to state the obvious, but regardless of what you might think of the criticism you find on the forum, "it's impossible to please all people at all times" in your own words- you have to admit you wouldn't be making a public statement defending your choices had you simply made the right choics. The players are trying to tell you that you've made some bad choices. LISTEN TO THEM.

On a side note, I've seen you use the word derivative before in a public statement. It's an adjective that refers to being copied or adapted from others. In this case the players WANT styles that are derivative of the characters in the DC comics. That's why they want green auras, the Lantern symbol, more Bat family gear, etc So when you speak of styles being derivative as if that's a bad thing, listen to the players telling you that it's a GOOD thing. We want more styles to be derivative of our favorite characters, bring on the derivative!
    • Like x 2
  17. Palus New Player

Well guys its obvious! Future batman and lex+ alternate batman's and lex's+fighting in time= AQUAMAN ARMOR!
    • Like x 3
  18. Miggly Committed Player

Black Manta get my vote for the best.
  19. The BlackDragon Well-Known Player

None of them to my liking, can use some Huntress pieces maybe. Just tried Huntress suit on test and it has obligatory white color on some pieces?!? What's is with that? Dont even have white in pallete and its part of the set...
  20. Circe New Player

I really want the Huntress style on my villain.

Make it happen, please.