DLC7 New Gear styles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deviant, Apr 11, 2013.

1. El El Committed Player

Dont get me wrong i like these gear but just not for T5 gear.
  2. SuperMia New Player

Mhm, but I think that we are a minority. You and I were the only ones that asked for the Future Batman and Fracture armor styles from the "Fractured Future" cinematic.
    • Like x 1
  3. Meta Flare New Player

yeah i know. i started a thread and people were like just use what is the game you can make it and bla bla bla. they are wrong but still this dude put a picture of his fracture armor and its just the flexsuit from character creation.

fracture is the genesis of all of our characters so it only makes sense that there should be an iconic set for him.
  4. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

I'd probably go with future Lex and Bats inspired gear rather than Fracture since this guys are the focus of the content, sadly we're most likely gonna get neither.
  5. TheMarvel New Player

As the creative director I think he is obligated to defend the styles no matter what.

They can spin all kinds pretty words around this and that … but the truth is it just isn't that good … and they really should have put a lot more into it. As much as the words they will use to defend it.

The T5 Armor the embodiment of the entire DLC … and given that as a tier it is once a year … should be once of the most considered elements. And it plain stinks. It looks like little more than an after thought.
    • Like x 2
  6. Deviant New Player

I totally agree. Not trying to defend them, but one consideration is their effort to jam pack DLC7 something had to suffer. Since Mepps has alluded to use of SPs i.e. new weapon or some form of tree and also the fact they haven't mentioned if there are new Exo plans and what about the actual instance style drops? There's gotta be gear that drops from the Raids at least, hopefully not in a form of a Codex.
    Either way this DLC seems the most ambitious to date, if we're gonna be shorted by the styles for whatever else content we're getting I'm fine with that.

Now giving us lack luster armor styles going foward, that would definitely suck.
  7. Smart Bomb Well-Known Player

I like them. But I think booster gold helmet looks like the current earth 2 flash, and I'm not so keen on that.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Like I said, skeets cod piece.
    • Like x 1
  9. CrashTest Dummy New Player

wow, black manta got his own set. i just wanna toss some extra ideas, maybe for next DLC. How about theme styles based around Blue Beetle, Firestorm, the new 52. Booster does look like Tri-Klops. I agree we have enough clown themes. Glad these sets aren't all bulky...i much prefer sleek outfits. and ya i still wanna see Batman Inspired Mask hit Marketplace. I'd drop 50 on it. ( micro-transactions me )
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Do we even know what of this is PvE and PvP? Lots of griping in here without us having all the info.
  11. Laff Riot New Player

If I am not mistaken the devs said that there will be no more 52 inspired theme suits. I like the idea of Blue Beetle.

How do we have enough clown? There is only 3 compared to the tons of flex suits and bulky armor. a) Joker Punchline (villain) b) Psycho c) Jester
  12. Deviant New Player

13. Meta Flare New Player

yeah i know right. i wish the bat and lex gear were the iconic and these were drops. i really want ninja bats lol
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

I like the look and feel of the Future Batman/Lex gear but they are unlikely to give a carbon copy of those costumes as they haven't done that so far with any of the iconic sets. The only real exception is the female version of the Huntress which is the closest so far to the actual costume IMO.

That would mean some sort of "inspired by" look and feel, which at the end of the day probably wouldn't be that different from the existing T2 Batman/Lex sets.
  15. TheMarvel New Player

I dunno …

The FB posts are usually much more supportive than the forum. But comments over there are as bad … or worse …

Hope the DLC proper delivers because the T5 looks like a high majority let down. Too bad.
  16. Palus New Player

I would happily trade aquamans armor for an aqualad for heroes if it looks something like black manta, lol
  17. Meta Flare New Player

that is a great idea, and aquaman can be a drop. just so long as aqualads looks different and not exactly the same.
  18. X-zero Loyal Player

Shame they are faction based, but just to troll people. I won't be surprised on a webcast if Mr. Anderson had the Aquaman gear on his villain.
  19. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Also valentine's day event gear. Anyway, flex suits and bulky armor are much wider categories unlike clown ones that is much more specific - for example Punchline is a clown gear but it is also a bulky armor while Jester's chest and legs are flex suit.
    I just think that people gonna agree more with future Lex and Batman inspired armor rather that Fracture armor.
    I think people(at least me) mean inspired by future Lex and Bats armor not their exact replica.
  20. Meta Flare New Player

i agree about the clown stuff, we dont need no more.

and i thik there should be more slim style and not so many bulky ones.

yeah it seems that people think there is already fracture styles lol (this is a reference to another thread)....i do agree that more (prob way more) would want the bats and lex over fracture. (but they could add it into the vault or as a drop) (actually what they should do is put into the character creation since he is the original exobyte hero/villain) (i know there are is a style called flexsuit already but it doesnt even look close to his)

and yeah i didnt mean the exact version (who would wear the stupid scientist lex set) but i and a ninja bat that looks as close to the council pic as possible. lol. i really want it.