DLC 9

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iLoveFranny, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

Halls of Power is a DLC which will introduce Apokolips, Darkseid, and some of the New Gods to the game. We know from the gamescon interview that it will be DLC10. I don't think we know anything else about it.

Originally that DLC was going to have League Halls and Armories in it but a decision was made to remove those from the DLC and make them part of a game update. So now everyone will get free access to League Halls and Armories when they are introduced at some point before the Halls of Power DLC comes out.

For timeline purposes it seems like War of the Light Part 1 will come out around December 2013 and Halls of Power will probably come out around 3 months after that around March 2014. I would guess we'll see league halls and armories around February 2014.
    • Like x 4
  2. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

The fact that people can buy Red and Blue Light weapon style packs in the broker leads me to believe that the Red and Blue Lanterns will eventually be usable powersets for villains and heroes respectively. And since we have a healer power coming out tomorrow, more than likely we will see Lantern tanks in the near future.
    • Like x 1
  3. Circe New Player

If he's a Legends character before the lanterns already in the game (Lyssa Drak, Guy Gardner, Atrocitus, Alan Scott, Vice, Kyle Rayner), I will be mad.
  4. geostew Well-Known Player

If DLC 10 focuses on Apokolips and Darkseid that would be amazing. I wish they could introduce phasing in the game like they used in WOW and allow the cities to be unbottled from Brainiac for those who have moved passed the content and then allow for a Apokolips invasion to alter the city. This way new players can still see and interact with the brainiac junk but those of us who are so over it can finally move on to cooler stuff. Although I do want to take the fight to Darkseid's door too. I know I'm asking a lot but I can dream can't I?
    • Like x 1
  5. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

If that's the case then all 3 powers will have a light set. I think that's brilliant.
  6. States Level 30

Quantum is still more powerful than Hard Light..
  7. Cloud_9 New Player

Good, we need a break from this magic crap.
  8. Dogico Loyal Player

My brain agrees with this but my heart says ********. Really hope they give us anything non-lantern related. Atomic, metal, flexibility, wtv I don't care, I just don't want to see another lantern power.
  9. SuperiorMouse New Player

this is not evidence really. it suggests it, but it's not conclusive. take note that there is no Quantum or Celestial weapon sets yet.
  10. Gwalir Loyal Player

That's probably because they are both so new, especially Celestial which isn't even out yet outside of the test sever.
  11. SuperiorMouse New Player

uh huh... i know.

yet this poster is claiming that the existing weapons on the market are proof that a Red/Blue powerset which comes with a DLC that hasn't even made it to the TestServer yet, is something that we should take as evidence to his opinion. he may or may not be right -but it really could go either way at this point.

see my point?
  12. Solace New Player

Normally with every dlc they release a new power(PvE Dlc), so my guess is that yes Blue Lantern might become a power and probably a tank power(even thought trex said that Blue lanterns aren't really the tank type but you never know.

And for all those who dont know their are 9 lantern powers(Including Black And White Lantern)

Also if blue lantern power is added to the game it would be doubt full that villains would use hope, i would
    Say that they might actually make Red lantern powers for the villain side.
    and their is like a 0.1% chance that Black/White lanterns are ever added to the game.....but this is just my opinion

Blue-Hope
    Green-Will
    Yellow-Fear
    Orange-Greed
    Indigo-Compassion
    Violet-Love
    Black-Death
    White-Life
  13. Gwalir Loyal Player

I read his quote differently than you.

The way I read it is that the fact that they released Red and Blue Energy weapon packs, at a time when every other weapon pack was related to a powerset in-game, hints towards them coming out with Red and Blue Lantern powersets. That's why he said "leads me to believe" as opposed to anything definite.

I agree it's not conclusive, but I think it would qualify as circumstantial evidence, like the Blue Lantern acrobats files people found digging in the data files.

Like you said though, it could go either way at this point.
    • Like x 2
  14. Ala Rebelde New Player

it relies on the player.
    • Like x 1
  15. SuperiorMouse New Player

oh no, i know what he said and understand that he's not saying it's definitive.

i'm just countering that weapon sets themselves aren't evidence of anything since we don't have weaponsets for the last 2 weapons (6 months/3months old).

so far we only have weaponsets for our powersets though. there are no non-powerset related weaponsets so far. which points to him being correct.

we also have Mepp's original claims when those sets hit the market that they weren't indicative of powersets at all and that they were just powersets -- so. if Mepps is being honest or properly informed, they're just weaponsets. if he's wrong or lying then they're an early leak revealing a powerset 6 months early. Mepps has been wrong numerous times in the past though. and the Devs have also been known to be less than honest about certain things. it really all could go either way.

personally, my mind knows that the next powerset will likely be Blue/Red tanks. but my heart is hoping that we have a better Dev team than that, and I'll be incredibly disappointed and angry.
  16. Kristyana New Player

We have enough green and yellow lanterns in Legends. Wouldn't mind seeing a blue or red one as long as they have different mechanics.
  17. Davis New Player

I wonder with the soe layoff anouncements today if this will affect future dlc's, im kinda worried about the status of the game now.
  18. Redpocalypse New Player

That thought occurred to me too. I'm concerned about it.
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

I dont see how everyone is so sure that the next tank power will be a lantern, if this is the case then after the rotation the next healer power will be a lantern after celestial, i believe that the next tank power will be something different entirely.
  20. Gant Well-Known Player

Calm down.

Have some dip.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.