Disney Trip 2017

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockhound665, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This is my wife and my first trip back to Disney since our honeymoon in 2001. This time we have to little girls with us and so far the trip has been both fun and stressful. We took our RV so we drove from NJ to Orlando and it took 3 days to do so(we stay at 2 campgrounds along the way). Compared to our trip to Myrtle Beach which was a nightmare of a drive down, this drive wasn't too bad. Slight traffic around the D.C. beltway but that was it. Driving through Florida sucked though. Once we got to the campground(Ft. Wilderness), I must say that this is a beautiful campground. Our spot is pretty private with lots of room and the campground is massive. Need an internal bus to get some places.

For this trip, we got 4 days of park tickets and we paid for the dining plan(1 sit down dinner, 1 quick service, 2 snacks) and we're having a hard time spending these things. The sit down dinners are easy as out of the 8 per person we got, we've used 6 of them. Hard part is the quick service meals(these are like burgers and such) and the snacks. It's Friday and we're here until Tuesday when we leave for home and we still have 13 quick service meals and 38 snacks to use up. We also got these plastic mugs you can fill up at any resort but not the parks which is a bummer. But out of the sit down meals, 3 were character meals. My daughters got to meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the stepmother and step sisters from Cinderella. The evil stepmother was great with my daughter telling her she was going to be doing house work and stuff then told her to put on her gloves and shoes(my daughter was dressed like Cinderella) and made her dance. The cast member really played the part well and the step sisters were great too. Anastasia really took a shine to my soon to be adopted daughter #2. Oh, and for girls who were supposed to be ugly stepsisters, they were pretty hot.

At the parks, they got to meet Cinderella(again), Elena, Doc McStuffins and we have a couple of meals where they'll meet more princesses. We did the Disney Halloween party and my daughter got yo meet Moana who is her favorite. We waited in line for 2 hours for that. Then we tried to see Belle and Gaston and Ariel but we didn't have time and we were told that the characters were going on a break but we needed to break off to see the fireworks and parade. All in all the Halloween thing was meh. Cost me $400 to see 1 princess, the Pooh gang, the 7 dwarfs, road 2(kiddie) rides and hit 2 trick or treat stations. The rest of the time was waiting in lines and waiting for the parade and fireworks. We never saw Jack Sparrow or Jack & Sally who were there. The line for the Haunted Mansion was ridiculous(we already rode it on Tuesday but riding it for the Halloween party would have been fun) and my daughter wasn't having it anyway even though she rode it on Tuesday and loved it.

We traumatized her for rides forever though as we took her on her first roller coaster and she hated it. Now to her all rides are roller coasters and she's scared. She was even afraid to ride It's a Small World(God, I hate that ride). Today, we hit Animal Kingdom. Never been there before but it's fantastic. A lot funner of an atmosphere than the other parks. Lots of African themed areas and music. Couldn't get near Pandora and the Flight of Passage ride wait times hovered around 3 hours. And forget Fast Passing it. The Everest roller coaster was fantastic(I'm a bit of a roller coaster freak). All in all good trip so far with 3 full days and one more day at the Magic Kingdom to go. I'll post some pictures and video if I can.
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Oh, I need to add that at Hollywood Studios, not one thing Marvel except for Guardians of the Galaxy and the Star Wars stuff is great. Storm Troopers roam the street and every so often they have a parade of First Order Troopers led by Capt. Phasma(sadly the cast member is no where near the 6'3" Gwen Christie is) which is really, really cool. I have video of that.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Sounds like a great time :)
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Mickey's Back Yard BBQ is well worth it. Daughter had a ball.