Discussion about LFG

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, Nov 4, 2018.

1. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

This suggestion will help villain players the most. They could even make it optional for those faction people that really only want to run with their faction, but make it cross faction by default. Usually after reset and through the weekend villain LFG is not great but OK. The real struggle are the weekdays Monday-Wednesday. Although the hero side isn't great either, you can still usually see a few raid groups forming compared to 0 on villain side those days.
  2. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

LFG is horrible.
    The DEVS explain practically nothing in game.

I certainly hope /LFG is blocked by default because it is 90% spam from high CR players.

No one is going to want join someone for a level 10 Alert because they are posting in the /LFG channel.
    Why force someone to have to dig through that garbage to watch info on Shout, group, etc?

You want to help players know you are doing something and you want to use LFG.

For a majority of players LFG is useless.
    It is far easier and faster to queue up for content if you are going to PUG.
    Far easier to shout in a zone if you want to have help with something in a zone - and more likely to get help doing it than in th /LFG
    channel.

Once you are in content, LFG is just annoyance.

I have had my LFG turned off since before they disabled it by default.
    The game is a much better experience for me without it.
  3. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Only if when I put a player on ignore on one of my characters, it puts that player's account on ignore for all my characters.
    • Like x 2
  4. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

The only language you need to communicate in in DCUO is by actively gaming.

There are somethings in-game that can be made easier by communicating via chat or verbally, but I have run into very little content that people can't just roll with as a group and figure out without speaking or chatting one word.

I have verbal chat muted.
    I rarely see anyone text chatting in On Duty content.

I could honestly care less what someone's native tongue is as long as they are up for some gaming.

So I would say again - that it is easier and faster to queue for content than it is to use LFG.

If anything, LFG is slowing things down by enabling some players to stay out of queue until they have a full team.
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Think daily outdoor content. It can help both factions. As I mentioned i have been working with teams of villains to defeat .. The Giant robot on Titan Island or Doomsday in Doomed Metropolis. Back to titan Island.. I've jumped in and helped a team full of villains defeat Gizmo, Psimon, Jinx or Mamouth. Now that does not work in DOS because heroes battle Henshaw or Bizarro while Villains take on Steel or Super Boy but the point is there are TEAMS forming out there to do those things. Based on what we have seen in the past few DLCs does anyone think that will change in the future? Hey back when it was end game my main got Applied Science numerous times without even finding a team just by following a couple Villains around and attacked the mobs that spawned when THEY clicked things.

Lets face facts.... If your bringing an alt up, or even a newer player that just got to higher end content.... The days where there were ten phases of players all looking for Starro are gone. Heck after say Friday or maybe Saturday its even hard to find anyone trying to do the daily mission in DOS to run Doomsday off. If they make LFG cross faction there is a better chance or finding players to help you pound on ULTRA MAN on Earth 3. Hey if they are going t be standing right beside you beating on Mamouth anyway may as well get the advantage of being healed by their Healer and getting power from their Troll. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

100% agree with LFG by default but only once you've reached level 30.
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I would guess that a big part of the reason it's mostly endgamers is because a much higher percentage of endgamers know about it's existence. I didn't know about it until CR245. Also, I know that I personally, along with other endgamers in my league, need feats and styles out of lower content so I'm always on the lookout for lower content in LFG. I finally got the Mist Connections feat yesterday because someone posted in LFG for Mist Recovery. And if the content is low enough I actually remove gear, artifacts and/or augments so I don't ruin the experience for the others. Plus it gives me an opportunity to use the joker jetpack in content which is fun for me. SP and base mods still keep me pretty strong but atleast I'm not obliterating entire mobs of adds in a split second, lol.
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I broke out my weakest toon during the halloween event to do a little extra mark farming for base items. no special treatments, no advances, no skill points unlocked...started from scratch. The past two days Ive been queued for all content i can run that i need: Oolong Island and Bludhaven specifically. Not once in two days, about nine hours of game play did a queue pop. Event content popped, the machine raid and the duo but in the duo i kept getting paired up with low level players in roles who didnt kow what they were doing and we couldnt finish the duo (my villain just made it to level 23). I spent a few hours shouting if anyone needed leveling missions. I did get one helpful vet who sat in queue with me for about an hour while I was doing some of the open world leveling missions, i got a lot of obnoxious responses. i was able to defeat the titans bot just by being there with a large group but when i tried forming a group to take down Jinx I got more of the same obnoxious responses...I was too low level and how dare i want an easy carry to score marks and gear when i should be running the leveling alerts.

what I noticed the most was that there were a lot of new players out and about. safehouses and pds were more populated than i could recall in recent years, yet nobody wants to run content, nobody knows how to run content. very weird. we lose end game players, new players come and go without really doing anything.

the solutions arent easy fixes. i think we need to go back and take a hard look at early content and consolidate those feats so a new player will want to spend some time running older content without making it a lifelong commitment. this means restructuring certain feats, reworking tiers. too much work with too much to overlook and break.

maybe dividing lfg into two..one channel for "endgame lfg" and one "general" that everyone has access to...
  9. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

After reading your response, I really don't get how it is that you came to your final conclusion.

You said the key problems with the game currently, there are a lot of new players. Which is not a bad thing, the fact that they are not running content is.

Consider this, newer players have the whole game to discover, a more advanced player is more interested in feats, being they already played the game so much and learned what the game is all about. That doesn't mean they are beast, just that they know which content they like in a sense.

Maybe, just maybe, we should just take a few steps back and look at how quickly a new player advanced in the past to present.

Long ago an argument was put forth that it would take 5-6years for a new player to catch up, well SP with standing, it is much, much easier for a new player to go from 3 to 200CR with SP being not so important.

People complained back then that newer players didn't know what they were doing as well.

Broken recorder on this topic, can't get around the reprocussions of the consequences of said actions, some content will be affected when you start putting us in the fast lane to the endgame.

DC has become a game that you don't start out crawling, it is jumping people from that straight to the endgame to boost endgame queues, naturally there will be flaws of all kinds such as low queues in lower segments of the game, and people with no clue on what to do.
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You make a separate tab for LFG. The devs should do the same by default
  11. Brit Loyal Player

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I pretty much exclusively use the random queue system for anything short of Elite Titans and Elite Deluge. I only turn on the extra LFG spam once a week, so that I can run a couple of elites, and after that, it's off for the week again.

So... when I look at what the FTP players receive, I can't help but think to myself: why on Earth would the FTP Players need the LFG Channel to build a group for Khandaq or Batcave? In all reality, just queuing up will result in at least one high level player popping in while chasing a style or feat or something, who are more or less capable of solo'ing the raid and only really need other players for a few of those simultaneous gear activates. I guess they also have access to the Event Raids, but those are literally failure-proof. The portals never close, so any group can mindlessly lemming at the fight, and as long as they keep at least one player in there at any given time, it will never reset. The LFG channel is not necessary for those super easied-up raids either.

But.. but.. if the player buys one of the expansions and starts to get some of the higher level, more challenging raids.... then they graduate up to Premium, so it becomes a moot point.

Considering what limited amount of the game a free play player can actually access, LFG seems unnecessary for them. And once a player goes Premium and has access to things that might require it, they have it. The current system keeps the spam-bots out of a public game-wide channel. I despise stepping into the Watchtower because of all the spammers; the last thing I'd want is to give them access to a global channel.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

this is how i response to, if getting asked about:
    "yeah, i do DCUO because styling characters, it costs much to unlock styles though...
    and it costs a lot more if you realy want to play anything besides styling your character."
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I have not had good experiences with LFG; when I asked questions about which raid they are talking about (if acronyms are used) I got the *look it up* dunce cap response. I only use LFG if I am doing Open World group missions to see where I can join in on the melee WITHOUT grouping. So, I like the fact that LFG is not on default; I can choose when I want to look at it instead of being forced to.

I suggest that the devs allow players to be able to create their own chat channels for their own use as few other MMO's allow players to do, using the same LFG chat restrictions. That way, players can create channels for elite/high level raids, revisiting older content and so on. Games that have this option allow players to find specific groups to join if they are unable or unwilling to join a league or find a group to raid with in the general and or/ LFG chat.
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You can create voice and chat channels.

You have to explore the game a bit. I know the game doesn't explain things well but all ypu need is in the settings.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It seems like a lot of people don't know you can put LFG in it's own tab. Doing so means it's quickly and easily available when you want it and out of sight out of mind when you don't. This should be default IMO.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was in the WT one time and someone was shouting to build a GOT group. Several times with no response. I finally asked "Ok...what is GOT?" He replied 'Gates of Tarturus", to which there was a rousing bit of ****-busting in shout, some of it mean but most of it not. I have NEVER heard anyone refer to that raid as anything other than 'Gates', but I suppose GOT would be the proper abbreviation as most raids are referred to by initials not the first word in the name of the raid.

I guess the moral of the story is, you can always ask, however I'd suggest that maybe you ask your league, friends or as in the WT/HOD, not in the LFG chat itself. Also have thicker skin and not worry about if if some jerk tells you to look it up. LFG is still the best way to get into a good group, especially for feat or Elite runs. Unless you are in a league with a deep roster, you'll need to meet new people to get stuff done most times.

And yes, I prefer LFG in it's own tab...same as Trade...my default tab has shout (I sometimes regret this), group, tells and league chat only. I do use several private chats but would hate to think of the LFG 60 second restriction on posts....several people I run with do not use mic and only communicate via these custom chats...Would kind of be a problem to carry on a conversation where I'm waiting for a response for 60 seconds each time I talk to them. The problem with custom chats for building groups is that it's hard to get the chat on people's chat list....people also tend to delete chat tabs after a while, and if you reload the game cache files you lose all tabs.

Reinheld
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

yes you can do that but the point, or at least one of them, of the thread is LFG has never been set up as a default that just automatically appears in your chat box.. You need to physically go into settings and add it or it simply does not show up. New take a brand new member that still doesn't even know exactly how to read a map or even use the teleporter in the safe houses to get from one city to the other or to get to the watch tower or Hall of Doom. They have absolutely no idea that LFG feature even exists.

NOW at level 6 no big deal but since it is entirely possible to be at level 30 in a single day that same new player is now trying to find teams and probably still has no clue that there is an entire chat channel available for player trying to build or trying to find teams.

Basically the thing should have been default since the game began. And these days with level 10s doing end game missions that can and will involve attack things like the Giant Robot on Titan Island or taking out Gizmo the thing helps find and build teams just about anyone that has been playing the game more than 1 hour can join.