Discussion about certain powers in PVP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CaptainPoptart, Apr 15, 2015.

1. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

I know you guys probably know that all powers need to be balanced in pvp but i`m bringing backup this topic just incase you guys start loafing, in dcuo pvp side you have to be rage,hl,,nature dps to be considered a good dps maybe even a good player in pvp or to even feel like you`re good you don`t even need a high amount of sp to even be good with powers like the ones i named above, this is crazy fix this pvp is just horrible if you look in scrimmages arenas open world all you see is HL,nature,rage dps everywhere,Now all you really need with these powers is just 1 counter and you are done, don`t you want us to have fun in pvp we can`t enjoy the pvp side if everyone is abusing Hl,rage and nature wolf form in pvp i guarantee you if earth and sorcery is op in pvp you will be surprised how many players will switch powers just to feel to have a advantage over other players in pvp and if they have 170 sp+ they will just be a straight up dog in pvp(What is Pvp Coming to!!!! ) (The Struggle Is Real!!)Dude you could even kill someone in pvp just by using straight up powers (I`m obviously feeling sorry to say this but it seems like these powers needs a little NERF

If you disagree or will like to add on to what i have said please lets start this discussion :):eek::eek::D
    • Like x 1
  2. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

I think that stuns and control effects for the dps role are overwhelming in PVP and the power you mentioned take a little more advantage them most thats why those powers feel more overpowered. Between weapon and power controll effects you can hardly do anything in PVP. I think that is the larger issue if they balance non-controll and non-tank stuns and the like I think you will see these powers lose their edge a little.
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

They've got a lot of fixes for crowd control coming in GU47 thankfully. It feels so much better minus the few bugs that are there. All hail DevDirt.
    • Like x 3
  4. Itazuki New Player

While I agree with you... You'll just get a lot of hate on these forums. The problem is, that everyone really into PvP, is abusing these powers, so getting people to back a change up... Is just hard. People like to dominate others with little effort, it's DCUO...DCUO players don't like a challenge.
    • Like x 1
  5. Captain Neos Committed Player

Nerf them all to have as much bite as a toothless pup for all I care just don't wreck them in PVE.
    • Like x 1
  6. Derio 15000 Post Club

While I agree. The problem is less than 20% of the population actually does pvp. Less than that percentage actually does pvp casually.

PVP is broken way far beyond what you suggested and the pvp section of the forums has stated that clearly. GU47 has some pvp fixes but that only a fraction of what actually needs fixing.
  7. Gooba1223 Well-Known Player

they dont need a nerf the other powers need a buff rage has those self heals hard light has the high damage construct combos and nature has OP wolf fourm but the others have nothing
  8. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Hardlight is beyond a simple, bring other powers in line situation.
    The counter systems latency is sometimes to where the rock paper scissors style thing works in the exact opposite direction,

HL is like having 3 hands and tossing out rock paper and scissors at the same time, especially if it's not 1 on 1. I don't think it should be nerfed to unplayability but the counter systems flaws are shown more in pvp then pve.
  9. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Yeh and its mostly the players with the so called BIG EGOS
  10. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

If earth/sorc is op in pvp watch how many players in the community switch just to feel that advantage...i`m just praying that they balance earth/sorc out and hope there won`t be another disaster
  11. Lionxoft Committed Player

Legends PvP ftw?
    • Like x 1
  12. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Yeh legends is not balanced also
  13. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Oh don't you worry about that.
    I am creating a complied list to see how many players switch. I may make a thread if the change is interesting enough.
    • Like x 2
  14. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Flavor of the month watch you will be surprised xD
    • Like x 1
  15. Mr BeefCakesss New Player

*vomit*

But nerf the stuns.
    • Like x 1
  16. MrB Dedicated Player

I was doing pvp last night, every hl I met was easily countered. Some were encountered when they were trying to clip out before am started. Really every hl that we met was just terrIble. Where are you finding these op hl?

The one wolf was macroing and didn't know anything about pvp so I just lunged him to death. To funny. After 3rd death from lunging you'd think he'd block but nope.

Rage is fun to fight. As for fire just kept stunning and knocking them back. They blew through their power on breakouts.

It was a great night. Weapon stuns and knock backs FTW.

Edit btw watch where you throw gravitons in safehouses. Kept scoring for other team.
  17. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Ok whocares if you counter this and that point is HL,RAGE,NATURE dmg is OP and the damage is insane it needs to be nerf
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There was a "Nerf fire in PvP" thread floating around not too long ago...
    • Like x 1
  19. MrB Dedicated Player

People that pvp care since its the core of pvp. If you don't counter then any power can best you in pvp using any attack they want. What are your gonna do then? Say nerf the next power on the list?

Heck they can just spam the same weapon attacks. Then say nerf this and that weapon because a player behind the other toon can counter better?

Pvp is about predicting your opponents attacks and out doing them. Its a little bit like chess.

Btw I was on my ice toon doing scrims and gotta say it really, really good in pvp. They need to make avalanche and arctic gust easier to block out of. I was using 1 h. Thinking ma and brawling would be good to use as well.
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

As I've said numerous times, this is literally the perfect example of why balancing cannot be based on player skill. It's an unknown variable.