Up-Votes Needed Disconnecting when using teleporters.

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Perdition, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Perdition Committed Player

Hi,

Can one of the developers look into this issue? to my knowledge this has been happening since the Phoenix Cannon raid (that's were it really became a issue for me). It was happening on PS4, and is still happening on PS5.

Places where i disconnect:

- Phoenix Cannon Raid
    - Dark Multiverse Raid (when you enter the zone to collect the cards)
    - Wonderverse Teleporters when fighting bounties
    - Legion Teleporters when fighting bounties

(These are the ones i have the most issues with)

When these occur, the game crashes and goes back to the dashboard on console. Had it once that i completely turned off my PS5...
    • Like x 6
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

It's been going on a lot longer than that. Phoenix Cannon (Metal Part II) only exacerbated it because the "arrive in instance" code has a major memory leak that can cause up to 5 of the 8 players to get some kind of bad response, buffer overflow, or whatever it is. I haven't been in Phoenix Cannon in a while so I don't know if they actually fixed it or not (my guess is "probably not").

What I believe may be happening is one of a couple of things... when you teleport, data sent between your console and the server gets corrupted somehow... OR it's attempting to place you into a spot that is at least partly occupied by someone else thus causing confusion.
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This has been happening semi-frequently on general teleporter use recently. If it happens again I'll note which ones.
    • Like x 1