Disappointed with the St.Patty's stuff - Suggestions for Halloween :)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black Prime OG, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'm not sure how far in advance things are made for seasonal. I'm disappointed with the styles this year. I know it's a Super Hero game, but there are villains antiheroes, etc. I'd like to see something for Halloween that's not sparkling, not Luck Charm, maybe even to go as far as being more manly or tough looking.

For base items, I ask every year. Take some of the items from the original Brother Blood mission. I'd love blood splattered all over my base.

Masks, I actually liked the ones that were released. Maybe add more?

Here is a great picture of some DC villains.

https://bit.ly/2XsNRH1

Some new skin styles, tattoos, brainiac head things, or other cool skin alterations.

I think this Halloween, it should be all about the villains. They are left out of most styles, or stuck with.

Thoughts and other ideas?
    • Like x 3
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I'm not into Pantera. But I wouldn't call them villains.
    • Like x 4
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

We've gotten ice, sand, and gingerbread sculptures of DC places.

How about a House of Mystery and HOSecrets made of chocolate.
    • Like x 1
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i feel like with as much as ghosts and demons are confirmed to exist in this universe based on DC in dcuo, that the sons of trigon/spectre content has far too much untapped potential for this sort of thing, both for styles and base items. we could even spice up the halloween event this year to involve spectre's vengeful spirits invading rotated out with trigon's demonic power flooding this dimensional plane, with both as bosses. some base item ideas: animated doors that open and close like they do in corrupted cathedral (or open and close by themselves), a large fancy dining room table with skeletons sitting at it (as seen in the tunnel duo), a night sky ceiling patch with multiple versions like gotham moon/clouds and gotham wastelands' 7 stars and a moon, the candle and skull mass found in that one room of the tunnel duo, the weird winged shield effect around jacob as the final boss for a base item (scaled down to fit most base areas of course, i've noticed quite a few items don't fit most bases), the eyes on the tunnel ceiling etc. for styles we can get a wrath/envy cultist outfit, and maybe a 7 piece collection with trigon's branched horns from trigon's prison as the reward. why limit the ghostly hauntings to halloween? christmas has it's own ghost stories, i sort of like what another forumite posted in the base items thread, their idea was gentleman ghost in a chair reading charles dicken's a christmas carol.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok...now that was hilarious.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, wrong link. My bad. Doing this on my phone doesn't always work out. :)
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This one worked. :p
  9. Batrederik Dedicated Player

For the villains??? what about a Bane style?
  10. Blight KOBRA Commander

I want some proper mad scientist laboratory equipment (ala Frankenstein).

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  11. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Here's how I see it.

The base items for this event come in 2 types.

Type 1: Look really nice, but have literally nothing to do with comics. Things like the paintings fall in this category.

Type 2: Things that have a good shot at fitting into a lot of character themes, but generally don't look as good as Type 1. I'm mainly putting the various rock formations in this category.

Regardless, these are all a step up from this year's Valentine's event. Pretty much all of that fell into Type 3.

Type 3: Not particularly nice looking and doesn't fit into pretty much any character theme. This is things like the signs and roller coaster.

Type 4: These are rare. They look really nice and fit a lot of character themes. This is things like the Brainiac wall portal thing from the Anti-Monitor vendor.
  12. Megzilla Developer

The paintings are literally pulled from the comics - Celtic themed series

And so are many of the Valentine's Day assets - Batman/Catwoman, Superman/Lois double date at the Carnival for Valentine's Day.
    • Like x 12
  13. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

16. TheDrone Well-Known Player

You could use that reasoning to justify literally any base item. A single leaf ... a broken sidewalk square ... three bricks ... a blank piece of paper ... a scratch on the wall ... a smudge on the ceiling. What do those all have in common? You can find them all in a comic if you look hard enough.

Are you really trying to say that people were thrilled with those Valentine items? Are you really trying to say that people look at the Celtic paintings and think, "oh yeah, that's from a comic"? Maybe I'm totally wrong. Maybe they're super-popular.

The Valentine base items seemed very generic to me. At least the roller coaster had Red Tornado on the front. I'll give that one credit for trying to fit into a comic game. The rest though? Nope.

BTW, I like the Celtic paintings. And I love the window. Even if there's a 7-issue series from which inspiration was drawn, they still don't jump out to me as being from a comic.
  17. Megzilla Developer

To me it sounded like a big problem you had was that they were not on-theme, nor from the comics.

• Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

19. daedric mistress New Player

The styles were awful for a game consumed by cosmetics
  20. Batrederik Dedicated Player

[IMG]