Disappearing Players

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by 12AngelOfLife21, May 12, 2014.

1. St IronMagic Well-Known Player

It really is. Doing EO is impossible if you have this problem too. I don't even bother running wave now unless I'm called to DPS.
  2. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Seems this last update alleviated this specific problem a bit. Players are no longer disappearing in PVE instances for me, and I can even do certain legends up to 4v4.

However, the issue still exists in 5v5 and 8v8 legends and even the Safehouse arena. Now, I did 5v5 Arkham and 8v8 Australia arenas without a single incident. At least for me, the problem seems to happen worst while playing those maps that were released with the Last Laugh dlc. Now, seeing as they opened up those particular maps to everyone at the start of PVP season 1 and about then is where I first started to notice the issue and the fact that it's worst on those particular maps, all that leads me to believe the bug probably sprang from that transition and if not left in check could spread. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Has the issue been alleviated a bit for anyone else since this latest update? Also, I'm still hoping for a more permanent solution if one is possible. If the devs drop the ball again, it'll probably get really bad again. So, even though it has alleviated a bit for me, the issue still isn't 100% fixed.
  3. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

K. With the recent map rotation, I've managed to test out the 5v5 Moon and 8v8 Australia legends maps. The moon legends map was fine. No one disappeared for me at all. Australia was fine for the most part as well. Trying to get into the Pit and HQ arenas as I type this to check them out.

Now, can any of you who have the issues I've been having try out some stuff to see if it's still serious for you or if it's been alleviated somewhat since the update? Work still needs to be done. Ran dox tonight, and although a few players did disappear every now and than, it certainly was a lot better than previously, at least for me. Still happens though. Just needs a proper fix for me.
  4. frogger New Player

it has gotten better for me in pve but i havent checked in pvp lately except i tried the pit the other day and it was still really bad. when i get the time i will try some other maps and let ya know. been in sm a lot lately
  5. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

As an update, when I finally got into the plain old 5v5 Pit and 8v8 HoD arenas, they were just as bad as their legends counterpart. Seeing as 5v5 Moon and 8v8 Australia legends were fine for the most part kinda strengthens my suspicion that the bug is tied to the last laugh maps and can gravitate elsewhere from them if not left in check. I really want to check out how a fos 8v8 plays, but would have to wait until that's back in rotation to do so. I hope a complete fix is done eventually. But maybe, just maybe, it could be part of the reason for that one safehouse map we haven't seen since rotations began is never in the line up. Maybe whatever the bug is for that particular map is related to the curret issue. I'm totally guessing as I'm not a programmer for this game, but maybe there's a connection.
  6. Minarum New Player

Didn't bother to read all the replies. But this is mainly/strictly a ps3 issue, and it was created with the graphics update when the ps4 was being released. It really did make the ps3 unplayable and forcing those players to upgrade their ps3 to a ps4, quit the game all together, or suffer beyond belief... Only solution I can think of is to revert that update to make the game bearable on the ps3 once again... Rendering became 2x longer, pvp became unplayable(never able to see anyone your fighting), it's just a mess with no good reason why.

Nah, the bug with the safehouse has nothing to do with this problem. That safehouse map was taken out LONG before this issue came out...
  7. Brimely3129 New Player

Sounds like a PS3 issue. Again another reason to fade support for PS3 out. These issues don't happen on PC.
    • Like x 1
  8. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Actually, the bug kicked in when they started PVP map rotations at the start of PVP Season 1 about a year and a half ago. But back than, it was only noticeable in PVP. It's just been getting worse. Considering the problem started when PVP maps started rotating and the problem is worst on the maps that specifically came with The Last Laugh, they very well might be related. The safehouse map was taken out when they started map rotations and the problem began when they started map rotations. And the problem is noticeably worse on the Last Laugh maps. I'm just putting 2 and 2 together lol.
  9. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Oh, maybe a reason to look into it further and work around it like they've actually been trying to do with the bandaid they put on it. It hasn't solved the problem, and it is clearly not JUST hardware related. If it was just hardware related, it would affect more PS3 players, and I actually know several PS3 players who have no issues with disappearing players at all. Also, if it was just hardware related, my alts would also have the problem, but they don't. No one has ever disappeared in any instance I've run with my alts. Only my main suffers from the problem. Clearly, it's more complex than just a hardware issue.
  10. Minarum New Player

Besides Pitt(every once in awhile) I never really ran into that problem till the graphic update. And I pvp'd a lot on the ps3 before and after map rotations came in so I could finish up my last few pvp feats. But once that graphic update hit... I was forced off my ps3 permanently and pushed onto the ps4 to even remotely stand a chance of playing pvp...
  11. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Well, I and a few others I know have had issues on all the pvp maps ever since they started rotations. Was really bad at the HQ, Pit, and Safehouse maps. Those were where the problems were most noticeable and they've had the issue since map rotations began at the start of pvp season 1. I played an 8v8 fos legend a couple weeks back, and the problem wasn't even noticeable. On Australia, it was negligible for me. I can't even touch the HQ maps lol. It's just worst on the last laugh maps, so something tells me that the bug probably originated on them before leaking to the rest of the game with the graphics update.
  12. thefrogshateme New Player

Like and upload in signature. Yes it did start with gfx update in October? I think. Everything started dissapearing in raids, that was fixed then people kept dissapearing. :)
  13. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Again, it got worse with the graphics update. However, it really started around the start of PVP season 1. That's when I and a few others I know first started noticing it, but it was only in pvp at that time. Graphics update just made the issue a lot more pronounced.