Digimon or Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DC Urban, Jan 8, 2018.

1. DC Urban Committed Player

I am an adult, but I still dig Digimon and Pokemon, more-so Digimon.

[IMG]

OR

[IMG]

Games, shows, characters, etc, which do you prefer?
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think I have to call it an even split for me.

I preferred the Digimon TV show more than Pokémon, even though both had their moments. The early Pokémon episode where it focused on the lost Pokémon of Ash and Team Rocket having to work together to get back to their trainers was fun, if for no other reason than it resulted in this for the better part of the episode.

Gotta love the level of commitment on that. :D

Even so, Digimon's story just hooked me more. Well, that and I had way too much fun going with a Young Frankenstein-inspired joke every time Were-Garurumon declared his transformation.

"WERE-GARURUMON!!!"

"There! There Garurumon! There castle!"

As far as the games go, though, I played the living daylights out of Pokémon on the Game Boy and had a blast bringing those Pokémon to the N64 Pokémon Stadium game. But I never played any of the Digimon games.

So like I said, even split.
  3. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Almost every Digimon season had an endearing quality, the same cannot be said for Pokemon (although to be fair Pokemon has lasted far longer, so there's that).

I've always preferred Digimon to Pokemon, the first two seasons of that show though were the best (both character wise and Digimon wise). Although the season where the kids got to spirit form into Digimon was also rather good.
  4. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

5. Eve YouTuber

Pokemon, forever and ever and I don't need I need to explain much. My favorite movie is the third one, with the unknown.
    I think it was the most interesting story so far. I also loved the Mewtwo movies.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Pokemon, and you can tell in the OP since the sign for Pokemon is like twice as big at the one for that other show.
    • Like x 1
  7. DC Urban Committed Player

LMAO, I thought for sure I made them both the same size, ah well....
  8. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

You cannot outwit greatness. ;)
  9. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Who who who ???
  10. ArgyleSox New Player

Depends on the media for me. Overall, I like Digimon more than Pokemon just in terms of the concept since I like the idea of digital life forms and the ability in most media for multiple possible evolution branches rather than a set and permanent evolution line. For the animated series, I like Digimon (particularly the third season, A.K.A. Digimon Tamers). For games, Pokemon only just edges out Digimon, but it is a very small margin (the few Digimon games I like, I like very much, but Pokemon has a broader range of games I enjoy from both the main game series and spin-offs).
  11. DC Urban Committed Player

I agree with most on Digimon. I am a super hero fan. Imo, I can name quite a few Digimon whom can kick the $hit out of the Avengers or JL. Doubt Charizard could even beat Beast-boy. Maybe one of the legendaries, but they still feel like fodder.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They both had their unique charm but I'm going to side with Pokémon. Digimon Adventures was amazing. Digimon Tamers was good, everything after that was crap. Digimon Tri is a great follow up to Adventures.
    Pokémon has never disappointed me.
  13. darth_paul Dedicated Player

IMHO
    Digimon = Better Anime
    Pokemon = Better Games
    • Like x 1
  14. DC Urban Committed Player

The Pokemon series where he visited the orange islands or whatever it was called wasn't that great to me. However, the battle against Drake was probably the best battle he ever had imo.
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

Wallamon.
  16. DC Urban Committed Player

17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hmmm, Digimon or Pokemon? Save it for the Ring!!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. DC Urban Committed Player

Yeah, Greymon's final forms are baaaaaad. It would be cool if there was an mmo based upon creating your own Digimon. You create your rookie form: Create looks and assign the moves > Champions: Create looks and assign the powers, etc ,etc. Then we can see the green hooded, arrow shooting Wallamon:D