Difficulty in the new Content.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DamageControlPS, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

LOL, most just quit after the first wipe instead if trying to figure what they did wrong.
  2. Ichiro Loyal Player

The only mistake I see here is using LFG to make a group prior to queing for the raid. The real hardcore player blind ques as a dps. The challenge is not laughing so hard at the random players poor skills. Best entertainment I've had since coming back.
    • Like x 1
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

So because the elite top 10% players can beat the raids they are too easy? What about the other 90% who struggled to get passed the first two bosses in HiveE until halfway through this newest episode when they were way over geared? And that was the supposed easier of the two elites in that episode. Just because a league full of great players like Plats can beat an elite raid off the rip doesn't mean it's going to be easy for the majority of players in this game. Watch their channel. That league has some great videos with the amazing skill of their players on full display. However, the leagues/players who are beating these raids with minimal gear are NOT the majority of this games player base. Of course adjustments are going to have to be made to game breaking strats that sidestep intended mechanics. But some people are freaking out like these elites are basically event version difficulty that everyone is going to beat day one with no gear, which isn't, and never has been the case for the majority of the player base
    • Like x 3
  4. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Overtuning the elite raids is a recipe for disaster, always.
    • Like x 1
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It’s overly generous to say 10%. We’re more likely talking about a few dozen people in that category; and even if we argue there’s only 1000 people who play, that’s only 3%. And there are more than 1000 playing.

And even if that small percentage was pleased with difficulty, they would still invest little in the game financially. They like to be able to say they didn’t need all the bells and whistles or that they obtained what they needed more smartly (less cost) than everyone else - it’s a point of pride.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

It's true. I've never understood why a small handful of people feel they should get to dictate the terms of content for the rest of the population. Imo these are fringe players who's opinions should not hold any extra or special weight.
    • Like x 2
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This is why there are 3 game modes, Event, Regular and Elite. I've never understood why players who don't concern themselves with elite get to dictate the terms of content for a gamemode that isn't directed towards them. If elite is too hard there is regular, if regular is too hard there is event, there is equal opportunity to all players that play DCUO to complete the content with the raid cut scenes, storyline and boss fights in all content. There is no secret cut scene or story only for Elite mode.

It's absolutely ludicrous for players who don't even test nor intend to focus on elite content to feel their opinions on that specific content be held in the same regard. Where were those "players" in Nexus and Paradox? where were those "players" in SM? where were in DWFE? Players who actually have run the content past and present know how to define and give measure to difficulty because those are the players always running it. What's hard to a player who has never ran elite will NEVER be the same to a player who always runs elite so why you think the opinions should have equal merit is ridiculous. Can they voice their opinion? absolutely but if a dev is asking what makes elite hard and you expect the same level of response from a player who's routinely beaten every elite raid present and a player who tries elite every other weekend and disbands after a few hours? no the responses and feedback are not equal.
    • Like x 2
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

While I agree that content should be made to the level that a majority of casual players skills, it really does not help the community nor improve the quality of the game.

The game has definitely took a turn to the downside, the images have improved, the content still looks good, bugs have been fixed.

Yet, here we are again.

I once tried to bait the Dev's to run their own content on an episode of FNL, when they were doing that, there was a thread that I would post in doing just that.

The end results was that they said they would never repeat that again and since that content all other content was released, being capable of completion on the first day.

The situation is not as small as described because the level is being hyperbole to make it like it's the group walks in hits adds then have to stand in rafters or on pillars or some other variant just to complete whatever.

It is easy for more than 3%, in fact the content doesn't really feel engaging to even newer players, just being honest where others just want free drops.

I don't see the elites actually requesting anything but a challenge, where others just want an arcade game.

Funny thing about arcade games, I actually don't remember anyone beating a game at the arcades, so I really don't know how we got to the other parts.

Heck wwitout infinite lives, I seriously doubt people would play games that only have 1 life and you lose it all and have to startover so I don't know what had everyone so afraid of failure and actually attempting to get better.

Maybe it's just me...(shrugs).
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Lol. Can't we just cut the crap already? Can we stop trying to act as if the Elite raids haven't gotten easier and easier since it's implementation? It's definately not less than a 10% number being concerned with the Elite-difficulty, if it was such an insignificant number of complaints then you and the same handful of people who always show up for the Elite Difficulty-topic wouldn't feel the need to even voice yourselves in regards to this every single time.

Let's just cut to the chase and be real honest with why some of you around here actually want these Elite-raids to remain easy: It's not because you as a customer is overly concerned whether or not the developers make more money out of the content, it's not because you want "a fair game" for everybody, it's because some of you just don't want to struggle in Elite-labeled content on your grind to get the Elite-labeled gear, that you want simply because it's the best gear available.
    • Like x 1
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

But at the same time you're doing the exact same that you are accusing a minority of in terms of dictating the terms of content, you just use the majority vote to your favor lol. Which is ironic, since the very concept of Elite-content wasn't to cater to the vast majority. That's why just like Obsidian and dozens of other players throughout these types of threads have pointed out, we now have Event, Normal and Elite difficulties.
  11. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I play elite each DLC and always finish that set first so you know, maybe you're not necessarily on expert on where everyone's coming from.

Let's be honest, though. This is a case where certain players overvalue their own opinions. You seem like a totally ok/ passable player to me, but your opinion isn't more important than anyone else's.

Not really. I'm simply against a tiny minority of players propping themselves up as the gatekeepers of what the game should be. There's a big difference between that PoV and offering a voice that's part of a broader array of voices.

Hope that helps!
    • Like x 4
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Well I honestly can't believe you here because all you've done in this thread is to give contradicting posts. There is not 1 player on DCUO Test feedback threads that thinks the elite raids are fine, just you. You can only need 1 tank through the entirety of the elite raids besides 1 fight where 1 mechanic forces you and once that mechanic is dead in less than 2min you can switch back to 1 tank if you wanted. So when you say they are fine and they are both beaten in 30min with players that are less than 262 and don't even have 250 skill points and playing on a lagging test server IT SEVERELY MAKES ME QUESTION YOUR JUDGEMENT
    • Like x 2
  13. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

That's fine, if you want to look at my CR or sps, they'll tell you the story.

And, well no offense but I don't consider your judgement to be a worthwhile metric when it comes to DCUO or really anything, based on what I've seen ;)
  14. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

To end this matter. When you have people that are capable of doing 4-man runs of a raid, then something isnt quite right. Here if you dont belive yourself.
    It was unthinkable beating DWFE whit 4 people. Look the latest raids:

If you want go for elite, you shouldnt say, make it hard but easy! For that there is casual, senpai. You go for elite because is hard. If you dont like hard things and want to skip mechanics elite may not be the place for you, senpai. SSE is not even a hard raid, yet depending on group it can be a nightmare. If there is no comunication, people skipping mechanics, etc.

So ye i dont think making elite easy, will solve any problem, even may lead elite players that waste a few bucks in game away, just saying.
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not really. You're trying to dictate the difficulty of content to cater to your liking playing the majority-card, when the fact is that the very purpose of said content at hand is not meant to cater to the majority of players. That's again why we have Event, Normal and Elite categories of difficulties. This is not a case of "what the game should be", this is solely around ONE category of content, being Elite content.

Are those who actually want a challenge in content really that full of themselves as you want to portray, for wanting less than 10% of an entire episode to cater somewhat to their liking while having the vast majority of the episode catering to everybody else?

Hope that helps!
    • Like x 1
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

That's not actually what's happening.

Try re-reading the thread ;)
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

That actually is what has been happening.

Try re-reading this and the last few Elite-content threads ;)
  18. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Yikes
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

What does CR and skill points have to do with the merit of elite? you are the exact person that lordexecution described. I mean you are just further proving against your own point. How about elite headline completions? how about the dates when you completed any no death elite feat? or DWFE feats? or Anti-Monitor feat? or Elite Victory feat? skill points mean nothing when you can just wait till you overgear elite and just run it to pick up all the feats you weren't able to get before.
  20. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'll be sure to upload my resume so that you can peruse and let me know if I meet your standards as you're apparently the gatekeeper of all things DCUO. Do you prefer Google Docs or Dropbox? Lmk!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.