Difficulty in the new Content.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DamageControlPS, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamageControlPS Active Player

So far as I’m following the new content currently on test server I can see that both of elite raids have been beat and not by having the highest cr either or sp.

Surely there’s plenty on the same boat like myself are discouraged by fact the raids have been complete already in the elite version?

Hopefully this will get some attention because I don’t want this dlc to last 3 weeks :/
    • Like x 1
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Without staggering the release of the elite versions of the raids, they will be beaten day one. The only question is how many replay badges a group will need to spend to be able to beat it (if they need to gear up any first).
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The answer is 0.

Currently we can beat both Elite raids at 258-262 CR which requires zero gear from the new content. That being said, we are trying to provide feedback and bug reports in hopes the raids become more difficult prior to launch.
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I’ll just point out the obvious as others have in the past. Elite is for making money just like everything else. They need people to beat at least part of it. No success. No replay.

The best profit strategy is to make the first elite boss of only one raid doable for the masses so that the company can get those interested to spend a full 87 replays for just one little renown. That’s a lot of replays to max renown that way. But, the usual suspects in playerdom lose their mind if even that first boss is doable. They hate for the company to make money.
    • Like x 3
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Ok calm down and put away your pitchforks.
    The devs said first when this content came out that nothing was necessarily set in stone. That included difficulty and how hard enemies hit or how mechanics work. If you came into the testing thinking it was SM difficulty or old DCUO PW difficult..then you will be greatly disappointed.
    One of the devs recently in the raid threads in testing feedback (Id check it out.) said that the reg and elites difficulties would be adjusted along with some current bugs.

Dev reply to "Fellowship of the Arcane Elite" being too easy:
    Was posted yesterday btw.
    • Like x 2
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Yes, you may currently needed 0, but if the elite raids are buffed you may need to spend some to gear up. That's why I made the comment I did. It doesn't matter how hard they make it, if it's released the same day as the rest of the episode, someone will beat it day one. The difficulty just determines how many replay badges they spend (or if they need to spend them).
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

For the record no pitchforks here, just hoping that our provided feedback and bug reports will be listened to is all. Pitchforks will come later :p. lol...jk...maybe.

All joking aside, we have no delusions that the Elite content will be as difficult as old school Paradox Wave or Nexus or Survival Mode. We would LOVE for that to be the case but it just is not going to happen with the casual masses of players in DCUO. However, the raids definitely should not be able to be beaten on day one with zero gear from the new content. That actually kills replay badge spending for me. If content does not require the gear then why would I spend money on replay badges? Answer is, I won't. Just like with the Atlantis Episode I did not spend hardly any replay badges until triple mark weekend and even then I only replayed the Raids maybe 3 or 4 times that weekend. Without the challenge, there is simply no reason to acquire the gear in an accelerated manner. Hopefully the developers listen to our feedback regarding Elite and adjust it to the point where you at least need to be 268-270 CR to beat the Elite Raids. That is essentially the CR you achieve at full regular vendor gear. Now if they were that difficult, then that would be ideal and you can damn sure bet I'd drop $$ on replay badges in order to acquire the necessary gear to beat the Elite raids.
    • Like x 2
  8. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

The only issue with that is CR doesn't matter and it's all about stats now, along with team work, skill, and experience. That was one of the upsides when CR was relevant that it put emphasis on gearing up. Not advocating that we should revert back but you get my drift lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I'm aware that CR does not equal a direct correlation between how much damage you take or do and everything else, and just so it is clear I do not want it back either, but I am just using it as a way to point at the level of stats one should have is all.
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

And,............ Here is another reason why DCUO needs its own testers.

You do not go into test and them come to the forums whining about stuff. Keep the test information in the test section where it belongs.

They need to add into the testing server agreement that testing stays in testing.
    • Like x 1
  11. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

EoG spam isn't helping either. Not going to assume that your group used EoG spam significantly since you were testing, but just making the point that on live that is what the conditions will be like. Can't have so many shields without hardly any shield bypassing mechanics (from what I've seen, correct me if i'm wrong). How that is possible when months ago it was completely outlined, with a great deal of feedback here on the forums, how future content would suffer should the EoG cheese remain. I hope your feedback is strongly considered in the testing thread.
  12. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Elite versions of the new raids seem fine as is.
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

We are 100% spamming EoG in the first Elite raid on Test. However, in the second Elite raid (Shattered Gotham) you are grounded so it makes spamming EoG less viable so I personally am using the new Tank Artifact in EoG's place.
  14. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I'm assuming your healer(s) still are however.
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

How can that be though man if they can be beaten by under geared players? Should they not be difficult enough that it requires at least some gear from the new episode to beat?

EDIT: But worth noting they have mentioned they are tuning it more so I'm not to worried at this point. They have all week to tweak it some.
    • Like x 4
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

They or he is, as some boss fights don't require two Healers...even under geared.

EDIT: But worth noting they have mentioned they are tuning it more so I'm not to worried at this point. They have all week to tweak it some.
  17. DamageControlPS Active Player

This is why I made this thread not to ask for PW difficulty even though I would love that, but I made this thread because of this ^^ I know CR scaling is gone but no way should you be able to do a raid day one in full Atlantis gear is my mentality of it all.

Beating a raid that was challenging makes me wanna replay it and go again at it.

So hopefully devs will see this and make it a bit more challenging that’s all I’m asking. :D
    • Like x 2
  18. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Of course, just found it puzzling there wasn't already something to significantly combat shield (or should i say group transducer) spam, though it seems your group didn't spam anyway. Regardless, i hope these changes are significant, and i especially like the idea of making Harbinger's Devouring Beam bypass shields as you said. That said, they don't have a week. Changes like that should obviously be tested before hitting live, though first 2 weeks of live is basically testing period in recent history anyway.
    • Like x 2
  19. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Doesn't help that this was already the case with last DLC. If the raids are a cake walk again, it is going to pretty disappointing.
    • Like x 1
  20. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

Look guys I understand you're concerned about the difficulty not being challenging enough in the new episode. But worry not. For old Gulrick has a plan, dare I say a master plan.

First of all we all need to recognize these two fundamental truths.
    1. When the new content is released, all the best players that this game has to offer will be trying to max out their toons as quickly as possible. This will be accomplished within two weeks to two months. Then these said players will leave the game, and head back into their cryogenic pods, to await the next content.
    2. The general population of dcuo is extremely terrible at this game.

Solution: Purposefully sit out content for two months. By doing so all the good players will have left, leaving only bad players to choose from in your LFG groups. By following the plan, the content will be much harder. Not because the mechanics will change overtime, or that the raid was even hard to begin with. But simply the fact that the general dcuo community is so bad and incompetent at virtually everything they do, that every run you play will literally feel like the hardest thing you've ever had to do in your life. Runs like CrownE and ThroneE that should really take no longer than 30 min each, can turn into nightmarish 3 hour runs.

I played ThroneE earlier in the week. We spent 95min in there, and still couldn't beat it. I had top boss damage, despite having to switch to controller role at least 50% of the time. My group insisted that they weren't bad, but I was just too good. That I was a tryhard and they were unable to perform at such a level. I suppose it's kind of true. I do have this rare skill, where I can read my powers and make a good loadout. So I don't have to wait on an Obsidian video to learn how to play.
    The next day I joined another ThroneE run they were already at last boss, they needed some pro burn. And because nobody can do what I do, I decided to help them out. they were 85min in. It's funny, sometimes changing one player can make all the difference. And turn a terrible group into decent one. Unfortunately that didn't happen this run. we spent an additional 100min. And we still couldn't beat it. After when I was insulting the group, the pro rage solo tank who died constantly said I was out of line. That we had a strong group. Strong group? I nearly died laughing, 185min and that's a strong group? That's amazing! And then it struck me. If people are looking for a real challenge. they should purposefully sit out the content for 4 months. This will ensure the maximum challenge. By only having the worst players to choose from. All content will feel like if Paradox and Dark Souls had a kid kind of hard.

I hope everyone found this information useful or at the very least amusing.

Yours truly

The best dps ever Gulrick
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.