Didn't want to jump on the bandwagon but.........

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Psyanyde1, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

I finally feel challenge in the game again. First time in years. I'm happy.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Tbf what is steroids to someone with gear, artifacts, skill points, trinkets, mods and human intelligence behind all of that, it's like being warned that someone will kick you in the behind and with all of that I have mentioned that you have going for yourself, you stand there and get kicked in the
    behind.
  3. llllDeathstroke Active Player

It doesn’t though.
  4. llllDeathstroke Active Player

Didn’t mean to come off aggressively, but yeah i was getting things off my chest cuz at one point this game used to be amazing and there are indeed plenty of stuff i need to be done to make DC more enjoyable for me, starting with fixing PvP and treating it with respect, giving those that enjoyed the PvP side of the game back in the day a chance to enjoy it once again like we used to, make adjustments to the fighting system.. not let PvE affect PvP (like stats revamp did back when it was released) , add more arenas / legends , more gear and perhaps a new system for PvP so we can have fun playing both sides, cuz this game wasn’t always PvE alone… it’s both, two sides… PvP AND PvE..

Find a way to help with the low playerbase on EU, that’s an issue i always hated.. i wish they could do something about that.. maybe merge servers I don’t freaking know… JUST SOMETHING..

I can say so much more but I’m too tired to continue typing… lol
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

It does, prior to this update my queues were 30+ minutes, and i refused to play because i spent more time waiting around to do something. When my queue popped it took 1 player to trivialize the whole raid. The game wasnt fun.

But since they update, ive logged in more then i ever have in about 5 years and my queue times are 2 minutes or less. And my skill gets to shine through more then my stats.
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

The story revolves around time traveling and reality alterations, this a perfect example for stats clamp, I hope you understand that parallel events can happen.
  7. Plowed In Loyal Player

Try a solo without speccing your stat points into might or precision (assuming you’re dps). Then repeat with speccing your might/precision.

SP will make a difference.
    Artifacts will make a difference.
    Base generator mods will make a difference.

There’s still player progression, it’s been reworked and it’s different, but it’s still there.
    • Like x 1
  8. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Before the update i would log in do my dailies and log out ,i almost never ran old content but now i log in i do my dailies but instead of logging out i run a few old things for fun. I still dominate them because i have 200 arts and 436 sp so while i don't 1 shot everything it is far from hard. I was 1 of those people that was always against stat clamping of any kind but now that its here i really don't hate it as much as i thought i would. Do i miss being able to solo old raids and 1 shot everything? Maybe a little but its not the end of the world and i find i enjoy some of the older content a little more now.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

just to continue the thought a little bit here but Ive always treated cr like a key, yeah it will get you "in the door" in terms of content but after that it contributes to what you do it isnt the deciding factor.
  10. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

How do you figure I want it to be made harder? I never said that. I was replying to what you said about nerfing rewards. It makes zero sense to nerf rewards like you just stated, it would make more sense to increase the difficulty rather then nerf the rewards.

I’m not complaining about difficulty or rewards. I’m complaining about the lack of intelligence that just escaped your mouth not just once, but twice.

I wasn’t crying about fos 3 groups, you were. Whether it be sarcastically or not don’t try to flip your comment on me, I never said anything about fos 3 hahaha
    • Like x 3
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I've been tripling and quadrupling players in damage in clamped instances when DPSing. Hell, I was top boss damage in Happiness Home and Prime Battleground as a TROLL. and No, it wasn't my battle troll build, it was my normal buff troll (which means I was buffing THEM).

I am by no means a scorboarder and don't see this game as a DPS competition. But I do use it as a gauge to see how I'm doing in comparison to my peers and it shows that the time I've put in to building my character has more than paid off. How are players who have put a lot of time and resources in to their characters feeling "as weak" as other players who haven't put in the the time??? I'm still waaaaaayyyyyy stronger. I don't get it.
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Durability, perhaps?
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I suppose. I haven't died. Those who think it's a good idea to melee raid bosses or don't bother to roll away when the bosses moved near them did though...
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think it's all pretty weird honestly. Maybe it is showing the differences in powersets. Ran with my usuals this weekend. "New" stuff, topped the charts. Pretty easily. One friend, topped his overall damage just with my boss column damage. Then ran old stuff and I'm not bad but definitely not top. And gaps all closed a lot. Same rotations for all of us. All of us 200 artis, 500sp range. League buffs all that the same. But since I'm sorcery pet build, a cr drop is more painful than a cr drop on munitions toon. Plus sorcery is already a weak powerset comparatively. Now, we ran thru stuff in mins. Not like "oh lord I'm so weak" but it is noticeable to be able to run old upgraded content and beat some people by 10+mil and then run and have that gap closed to hundreds/ be beat by them. So may have to switch to one of the OP powersets.

On the flip side tho, I have a rage toon with the worst battle tank loadout/ build anyone's ever seen. Ran alert and crushed the 3 dps's by a large margin. So rage is clearly in a great spot. Literally all I did was whirling dervish into lacerate. Wasn't even canceling WD. That's pug group quality these days.

Edit: yes I was extremely bored and falling asleep doing omnibus stuff but so were they so I don't think it was because I stopped paying attention. We all did. Also, rage battle tank put out better than anyone in old content. No contest so maybe battle roles are the key

Double edit: lol forgot to ask if anyone knows if omnibus will que you into old elites?
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I can attest to the fact that after playing Throne of the Dead with my stat clamped CR341 to CR183 I think is what the clamp put me at, I was rather weak. I had to pair up with another DPS to take down the adds, I just wasn’t able to hold a gate like I use to do when I was CR210 and going back to play Throne. I just have not had the same experience as others on here who are expressing their ability to still be able to burn thru content. Throne took us 101 minutes. A lot of that was getting the new players to understand the mechanics and actually listen to us but I digress. I later last night played in another raid, Happiness Home, that one took over 54 minutes to complete. That one clamped me to CR83. I do not feel strong at all. Feeling strong is now going back to Wonderverse or BoP or even doing the dailies in Flashpoint. THAT is feeling strong, but not this.

But, I am happy for everyone else who are now enjoying the game and having fun.
  16. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

While I definitely feel for anyone not enjoying the game, I would definitely recommend against deleting your toons. This game changes a lot. You never know when you might want a toon back.
    • Like x 2
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, perhaps people have come to see doing those things as a perk of being over levelled?
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I won’t delete. I will do the minimum beyond any end game content. Not end game content is no longer enjoyable to me. I shutter to think what the alerts or duos are like after my 2 experiences with clamped raids.
    • Like x 3
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I myself have put thought in to wondering how an across board clamp can fairly clamp all builds and playstyles. For example, it occurred to me as gadgets precision, my might stat is more beneficial to me than most prec players but I don't think they have a way (or have not implemented it) to clamp might specifically for prec DPS. So I'm most likely subject to a might DPS's clamp ceiling which is much higher than any prec player would have their might at which is a benefit to me and other gadgets precision players.

Realizing the above got me wondering what other builds and playstyles might see imbalanced clamping. The only thing I can say is do your best to thoroughly test things out and report your findings in the Developer Discussion threads. This clamping system is definitely still a work in progress and there will be tweaks and updates to come. But the devs are only as empowered to improve things as the information they are working with allows them to be. They will be relying on our feedback.
    • Like x 1
  20. JSnaples Committed Player

Dc really needs to undo this stat clamp man I dont even q for anything anymore now because I feel its killed pve. Dont care to wipe in raids cause my groups trash or have to spend 10 minutes in a duo I could have beaten in 4 minutes back when I was actually my actual stats. I dont know how much longer I can continue playing like this
    • Like x 3