Did you know

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by HealerHollidae, Oct 24, 2013.

1. HealerHollidae New Player

Staring at somebody for more than 6 seconds is either a desire for sex or murder.

Post your own did you know facts
  2. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Did you know that in your life time you will swallow over 150 spiders in your sleep!!!
    Did you know that the ... woman's personal recreational battery operated thingy (please don't ban me for that :confused:) ... was originally created to alleviate physios!
    • Like x 1
  3. HealerHollidae New Player

Did you know high heels were originally meant for men
    • Like x 1
  4. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

in the 1600 & 1700 women who did not belong to the British Peerage could be executed for wearing lace
    • Like x 2
  5. HealerHollidae New Player

6. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Maggie Smith is the only actor who has ever won an Oscar by playing a character who didn't win one. ("California Suite")

Rita Moreno is the only Hispanic to win an Oscar, Tony, Grammy, and Emmy.
    • Like x 2
  7. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Here's a fun one I just remembered: The reason Pirates dressed like they did was because it was illegal for anyone to dress like a noble (the long frilled coat, boots with shiny buckles, think leather belts, big hats with large feathers, lace shirts.) So Pirates, especially their Captain's, would steal the clothes of nobles they plundered and then wear those clothes as another way of snubbing the British, Spanish, and Portuguese nobility
    • Like x 1
  8. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

Did you know the average person falls asleep in 7 minutes.

[IMG]
  9. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

did you know I'm not Japanese o_O
    • Like x 1
  10. Mont New Player

did u know i been staring at this thread for 7 min?
    • Like x 3
  11. HealerHollidae New Player

At a loss of factoids? Lol
  12. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Did you know that raisens are actually partially dried grapes?

Shocking I know, but apparently not everybody does know.
  13. danielqpk New Player

Did you know that if you pug you're going to have a bad time?
    • Like x 1
  14. HealerHollidae New Player

Not always lol. Sometimes you meet cool people and new friends
    • Like x 2
  15. Frozen Lightning Active Player

Did you know a penguin cannot fly(Not counting jetpacks) :D
  16. Weapon meX New Player

Air transport count??

[IMG]

• Like x 2
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Did you know:
    The Titanboa lived 60 Million Years Ago. It's the biggest, longest, heaviest snake ever discovered.

There are tiny bugs closely related to spiders that live in the pores of your face, they crawl about at night to mate.
    Ew^

Over the entire Twilight series, there's over 24 minutes of just staring.... As Edward feeds off Bella's soul.

Drowning in Saltwater is different from drowning in Freshwater. It takes longer and the Saltwater draws cells into the lungs. Theoretically, you're drowning on your own blood.

The guy who voiced Optimus Prime was also the voice of Eeyore(Winnie the Pooh(Just incasee you non 90's kiddies don't know who that is lolol)) and was also the guy who voiced Nintendo's first Mario.

A baby Elephant will suck its trunk like a baby sucks it's thumb for comfort. Did anyone else just absolutely die when they read that? I sure did <3

When Earths Sun becomes a Red Giant, Saturn's Moon "Titan" will become warm enough to sustain life. It will last that way for Hundreds of Millions of years.

In a 2008 Survey, 58% of British teens though Sherlock Holmes was real, whereas 20% of Teens thought Winston Churchill was not....... No comment.

If you start counting at one and spell out the numbers as you go, you won't use the letter "A" until you reach 1,000.

Marie Curie's notebooks are still radioactive. Researchers hoping to view them must sign a disclaimer.

Medusa (Greek Mythology) had two other Gorgon sisters. Stheno and Euryale. They were immortal, had serpent hair & bodies, and also had the Stone Gaze. They were known to give a loud, bellowing cry when their youngest sister Medisa was decapitated. Stheno has murdered more people than both her sisters combined.
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Did you know that drawing an S on your chest is the sign language symbol for Superman?
    • Like x 1
  19. Zerefu New Player

Did you know, Mepps doesn't really care about your problems?
    • Like x 1
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I wouldn't agree with that at all.
    • Like x 1