Did you know this about soder colas?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

So apparently there is a power restorative cap on the soder colas.

What do I mean by power cap on the soder cola. It means that a soder cola will not restore any power to your character higher than 90% of 10000 power. Meaning if you have a character with a power bar with over 10k power the soder cola will not recognize it and only heal you a maximum of 90% of 10k instead of 50-90% of your maximum power bar.

When clearly the soder cola states it should restore 50%-90% of your power.

So the soder cola itself is capped on how much power it can restore to your character out of 10k.

This is fine for DPS as no dps have over a 10k power bar. But for healers and trollers, by the end of T8 soders will be cheating alot of players out of power.

While this is not an immediate problem. By the end of the year players will begin to wonder why the soder cola is cheating them on power.
    • Like x 11
  2. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Did not know that...

Regards,
    M
  3. Tannen Committed Player

I'm sure this will be addressed and fixed promptly :p
  4. Ichiro Loyal Player

i did not know that
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

6. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Where did you get this data?
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If that's true then it sounds like one of those "meh, we'll fix it when the time comes" kinda things.
    • Like x 2
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

From my own test. Right now my character on DCUO live has 18k power with a buff cola. However if you look on there it says 10k out of 18k. For several other players above this cap it says the exact same thing.

After taking over 20 soder colas the power return is always 8800 power which is roughly a little under 10k power but clearly under 50% of my maximum power pool stat.

While my power pool is correct in its adjusted stat tested with power cost on sparring target. The power restored from soder cola is extremely off.
  9. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

This is old news - needs looked at though...

IA ARMY
  10. Tunso Developer

Hmm it looks like after five years, we're finally starting to brush up against the Power pool cap :D

Never fear though, we'll bump that up probably with the next server hotfix.
    • Like x 26
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Think you could have a word with the Marketplace decision maker and tell them to release that unlimited Soder Cola for PVE which we all have on the test server as a Marketplace item?

Perhaps calling it the Soder Cola Omni and doing a cute little campaign for it based on a real life soft drinks campaign as a way to raise awareness of it's existence on the Marketplace?
    • Like x 14
  12. ErnieB Loyal Player

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE STILL USE THOSE???, THEN WHY DO THEY KEEP DYING OVER AND OVER WHEN THEY HAD A PERFECTLY GOOD HEALING COLA ON???

lol, anyway nice catch, though colas in general need to be looked at, I feel crafted colas need to be stronger than regular colas again, after all it's not like you can buy half a stack on a vendor for $900.
    • Like x 2
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

you want to promote it, just say "infinite PVE soder coming" on LFG, in 1 hour there will 10 threads about it.
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

10/10 would drink over and over.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ichiro Loyal Player

Good idea, fully support it. However there is that portion of the population that don't even use the colas we have now and think the infinite cola is called troller and healer
    • Like x 7
  16. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

What other stats are secretly capped?

17. tinoman Dedicated Player

remove all caps.
    • Like x 1
  18. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Especially those john Deere ones...tacky.
    • Like x 2
  19. Tunso Developer

It's not really a secret, every stat has a cap. But you shouldn't really hit them. The caps are there to help reduce calamity if something goes horribly wrong, for example an item or ability starts granting some crazy value etc.
    • Like x 2
  20. Tunso Developer

I have brought this to the attention of said Marketplace decision makers and they are aware of your interest in an infinite PvE cola.
    • Like x 17