Did I run into a hacker?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darth_paul, Jul 12, 2016.

1. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I was playing the Summer Seasonal the other day with one of my villains, Plantasma, and while I was doing it there seemed to be a player on one of the orange ships that had a purple name who was able to interfere with my progress by grabbing and tossing the barrels away from me and destroying the guns when this should not be possible. I unfortunately, wasn't able to take a screenshot of the offender, but I am positive that the player's name was purple and not blue, meaning that they were a hero on a hero ship, being able to do things that only a villain, such as myself, should have been able to do while on that ship. This person was either hacking to break the mechanics, or there was a glitch in the game where their name was showing up purple when it should have been blue. I did not attempt to speak to this person either, because I was trying to just ignore them and complete the thing. Has anyone else run into anything like this?
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you meant the power cell thing from the destroyed turret, no, it's not a hack, some people like to mess with the enemy (personally will grab one of the seed pods during the Spring event and run away with it, or toss it away)
    • Like x 1
  3. xKnightfyrex New Player

I've been doing this to villains while grinding the 250 kills feat. Once the turret has been attacked, it seems anyone can shoot it. As far as the barrels, I think since they are interact items, seems anyone can pick them up, opposition doesn't get the little target thing though.
  4. darth_paul Dedicated Player

This might be the case. Since this person seemed to be able to shoot at and destroy their own side's turret as well. That's why I'm questioning the validity of this. I have never seen anyone do this before. I can understand that the battery/barrel is interactive and anyone on either side should be able to pick it up and toss it around, but not be able to interact with it to blow up the generator because they should not be able to sabotage their own side, but it just seems off that they should be able to shoot and destroy their own turrets if for nothing else to be able to mess with the competition. I tried duplicating what this player did myself with several of my characters, and it's just not possible to just attack your own turrets on your own side's ship, unless of course it's something that happens once someone from the opposing side has already begun attacking one and knocking down its health bar so that they can interact with it, and even then they should only be able to pick up the battery/barrel thing and not be able to do any of the gear icon interactions. I agree with you on that, and I'm not here to complain about any unfairness, because it happens and I'm an adult and it happens. That's not the issue here. The issue is that I saw something in the game that just seemed as if it should not have been working as the mechanics intend since I've never seen anyone do anything like this before. However, on the other hand, hacking or not, I've seen entire ships in the seasonal just glitch up and no matter how much you attack the turrets, it won't allow you to interact with anything as the whole thing just freezes up and the shields around the generators won't go down. So, this whole thing could have just been also another glitch in the system that someone found out and decided to take advantage of. Who knows. Thanks for the input, and I will keep an eye out for anything else weird that I see.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You sure they were a Hero? If they were also destroying the hero turrets, it's possible they were villain in PvP mode (but that changes their colour to Red)
  6. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I thought this too, yet the name was clearly purple and no skull icon next to the name either. But, then again, it could have just been a glitch and the guy really was another villain in PvP. Like, I said could have just been another glitch that day. I also only saw this person while playing as that one toon. Never saw them again for the rest of that day either in that are or anywhere else, nor have I seen them again since. Strange things do happen all the time in this game.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yup, just attempting to help figure it out (not sure if seen a purple name though, but don't really look at the colour of names... wait, are enemy players purple or blue? :confused: )
  8. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Enemy players are purple and those on your own side are blue.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

But the map has allies green, that's why was a little confuzzled
  10. darth_paul Dedicated Player

True, the map should match the actual colors of the names above the players.