Did anyone know about this maintenance?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MaverickRaven657, Jun 25, 2017.

1. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Not that it hasn't before, or even that I don't appreciate it, I'm just wondering if anyone knew about this maintenance before the servers were brought down? I've been having errors that didn't lemme log on and ones that kicked me off for about 5 days now, so if they are finally fixed it'd be great. It's the lack of communication that really bothers me.

Kinda awful to lose so much weekend play time too, lol. I was logging on and able to play here and there at least a little, now Lord knows how long the fix will last.

As long as it's a permanent fix though, right?
  2. Gimpy Loyal Player

Prolly just hit the "choice" of predetermined messages to display and it's not "scheduled maintenance".
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

just asked the same question in another thread. some sort of indication as to how long, at least, would be nice.
    • Like x 1
  4. MastaMind Dedicated Player

My guess would be a fix for this glitch that is going on. I seen several players reporting it on here with the area 51 just freezing them. So they log back on and freeze again. It seemed to only be PC players and yet last night it happened to me on PS4 in the Hall Of Doom. Game just randomly blue screen crashed, linkdead when I come back on, it loads me up into the Hall Of Doom, try to do anything and the whole process repeats. Shortly after it happened to me, it began to happen to two of my friends. So my hopes are on that being the issue they are fixing. I am just happy that for once they decided to do maintenance while I am actually unable to play. On a typical work week (A bit slow right now) they always seem to take half of one of my three days off to do the maintenance.
  5. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

While I can appreciate that and I really, truly do, it is Sunday which means it's the typical day most ppl have off. Furthermore, I really hope they're also fixing whatever error is responsible that is leading to the perpetual loading screens. That's the one that's plaguing me, some friends and a few posters I've seen here.

Let's hope anyway.
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

No, but I was not playing this morning either for the restart.
    Did the game ever come back up after the restart?
    If the game never came back up then I guess you could call it scheduled maintenance. Still kind of odd to me.
  7. Gimpy Loyal Player

It's not just a PC thing.

Been doing it to PS since Wednesday and all you have to do is stand still in Area 51 for it to happen.
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I've only ran into one of the two problems you mentioned.

The game randomly shutted off-happened.

But I've always been able to log in and run my seasonal stuff for the past few days it's been up so not sure what's going on there.
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Since 1/11/11 there's one glitch after another. It's not going to change.
    • Like x 2
  10. JasonIsley Devoted Player

The people running the maintenance knew about it...
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Servers were getting quite laggy.
    So they "Scheduled a Maintenance."
  12. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

the dcing, has been going on for ever!!!!! you really think they will fix anything...???
  13. xD25x Dedicated Player

Getting off work soon. World still down?
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I had this issue as a PC player 2 days ago and fixed it by updating the game launcher.
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

When they say "scheduled" it means "scheduling" it 5 mins before they actually shut down the server lol
  16. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yeah but we really don't have that option on PS4. I think I tried 4-5 times in a row with the same result. Except on PS4 when the game freezes you get a blue screen error that forces you out of the app whereas (I have no clue really just guessing) that it may have just left you there frozen on PC? Eventually I tried an alternate character, but it refused to let me since my main was linkdead. So when I tried again after that I decided to try to pause the game instead of stepping forward. It let me pause, navigate to map, warp to base, and the problem was solved. My guess is that it is just a wonky glitch.
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I think it's painfully obvious that the problem is a DDOS attack. IIRC every June 25th there's been one.
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

The expert has spoken ^^
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

20. Gimpy Loyal Player

I guess the servers are still down since the status message hasn't changed.

Going on 18 hrs at this point in time.